Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] New Faction Skins

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Default [Submod] New Faction Skins

Don't get yor hopes high or anything, this is my first time skinning units, and there's nothing really changed and innovated here.

Work:

The Tyrell faction now has green-yellow skins instead of green-white

The Tyrell faction now has shields with the coat of arms of different houses from The Reach

The Dorne faction now has shields bearing the coat of arms of different houses from Dorne.

The Vale now has shields with the coat of arms of houses from the Vale.

The Greyjoy faction's units have shields with coat of arms from the Iron Isles.

Added some coat of arms to the already skinned factions (the alpha's Stark, Tully, Joffrey and ariobarzanes1388's Lannisters)

The Stannis faction now has their own texture and personalized shields bearing the coat of arms of Stannis and houses sworn to Dragonstone

The Renly faction now has coats of arms of different houses from the Stormlands

Fixed the issue where units with upgraded armor had unedited skins.

The Goldcloaks have new , edited skins.

The pavise on pavise crossbowmen now is painted with the coat of arms of different houses such as houses from the vale for the Arryn faction.

Installation:
    Extract the archive and place the folder inside your data folder, overwriting the unit_models folder there.

Screenshots:
    First version
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Second Version

Third Version

I made this using the enhanced submod from CptTripz and the Lannister reskin from ariobarzanes1388.
    I'm not sure if it will work without these two submods.

PS:

Before anything make a backup copy of the original folder just in case.

Thanks to everyone who helped me by pointing out where to edit and how.

New Download 27th May 21st August [For the latest enhanced version; Skins better than in the pictures, new screenshots somewhere in the future]:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zigjztdmsqeoeo9

Just unrar and copy the folder from the archive in the westeros\data folder overwritting your unit_models folder.
    Last edited by Prophet1331; August 20, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Default Re: Some rudimentary work

That work might be rudimentary but i`m sure that many will appreciate it. Especially since it uses the enhanced submod which most people today use. A nice little touch; Just seeing the real coat of arms on the Units is a huge improvement.

great work sir

Cleftjaw's Avatar Semisalis

Nice work!

That is some damn fine work

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by luke1608 View Post
    That is some damn fine work
    Secon'd
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

hey your better than i am! +rep!

Well thanks for the positive feedback.

Still if anyone has the time or knowledge to tell me what units use what skins (I certainly can't make heads or tails of that battle_models file, last time I tried to edit something there the game wouldn't start) I would edit the skins on all units. They wouldn't be perfect, but the game would seem more Westeros-like.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Well thanks for the positive feedback.

Still if anyone has the time or knowledge to tell me what units use what skins (I certainly can't make heads or tails of that battle_models file, last time I tried to edit something there the game wouldn't start) I would edit the skins on all units. They wouldn't be perfect, but the game would seem more Westeros-like.
    Easiest way is to find the name of the unit you wish to edit in the EDU (export_descr_unit). In the unit's entry there you will see a line for "dictionary", second from top, that's the name of the unit entry for coding, so look up that in the modeldb.

If a unit is used by more than one faction, there'll be several entries, ie Scotland, England etc (which translates in WTW as Stark and Lannister), under the unit's name and model entries.

The modeldb entries are as follows:
    Dictionary name (the name of the unit in EDU, Modeldb etc).
    Model directories (lod0, lod1 etc etc, lod stands for level of detail. This tells the game where to find the unit's model).
    Then you get entries for the main skin. There'll be 2 entries per faction, one for the diffuse and one for the normal map, plus an entry for the sprites.
    Then you'll get entries for the attachment sets, which basically work the same as above, barring a lack of a sprite entry
    The final part of a unit's entry is the animation stuff.

Hope that helps your modding good ser. Part of learning modding is experimenting and stuff going crazily wrong! Good luck!
    Last edited by Murfmurf; February 15, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Default Re: [Submod] New Faction Skins

Well thanks to Murfmurf I managed to add textures to every faction, so basically now every faction fits in Westeros. Hope you like it in your conquests.

Nice! Makes me feel like playing the alpha once more. Might just do it, i will post my impressions then.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Well thanks to Murfmurf I managed to add textures to every faction, so basically now every faction fits in Westeros. Hope you like it in your conquests.
    Nice work!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

That is awesome Just what I needed today!

New version up

Sorry for the new-version-every-week thing, but this one should be the last one. Everything seems to be working good now.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

outstanding work!
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Bump

New Alpha players should download this :

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Well done! Rep is coming
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Great submod, i just downloaded it a hour ago and i cant stop playing the game. You did a great job with the skins=)
    "It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Robert E. Lee

Great work! +rep

Commanding the Lannisters, the Martells and the Gardeners in the infinite hotseat wars to control Westeros.

I find it suspicious how the Thread got a bump the day after I remade the skins for personal use .

Oh well, thanks for the rep. Hope I made the wait for v1.0 a little more easy to bear and you enjoy the skins

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast