Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] New Faction Skins

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Submod] New Faction Skins

Hey Prophet, how is the new mod coming along? It sounds excellent! You could have a historic event text pop up when you start as each faction that tells you about them. Sadly, I've only started fiddling around with files, so my ability to script is non-existent. The only thing script wise I've managed to do is make it impossible for all the non royal Lords to claim kingship in the Blackfyre submod, and (which is not scripting) edit the text and show me how for when the blackfyre player claims kingship. Like, I'm pretty sure it is very easy to limit or increase the chance of each faction claiming kingship, if you're just editing the script based on the enhanced version.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Well the submod thing didn't really worked out apparently, and I think I'm not going to edit files or do some serious submodding for a good deal of time due to life events and college. If anyone knows a site where I can upload a file bigger than 200 MB for free I can upload what I did until now in case anyone wants to do anything with the files. I didn't do much, only changed faction skins, faction colors on the map and faction symbols to a degree.

@gangstamaori

I can see you left a comment but I can't see what the comment was. Must be a glitch in the forum, if it is a question or anything pm me.

@HouseArthus it should be thought I'm not sure.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Thanks, its for the Westeros 0.53 right,
    i'll try it out

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

lol Prophet I actually have a submod project in mind which I can see really becoming something awesome, sadly I do not have the neccecery modding skills . I have tried to lear, but it too damn hard!
    You are probably the best skinner in this forum so I think you might help me get this project done, tho I will probably need to learn how to be a modder first

This is an excelent submod one of the best definetly, cause of it I have really enjoyed my Enhanced gameplay

Hey Prophet just a question cant see it anywhere but did you upload the files for the alternative universe submod anywhere? also i know your busy at the moment but do you plan on continuing this submod in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Hey Prophet just a question cant see it anywhere but did you upload the files for the alternative universe submod anywhere? also i know your busy at the moment but do you plan on continuing this submod in the future?

I doubt I will be working on the alternative universe submod anytime soon. I think I'll be uploading it in segments on mediafire somewhere in the near future (the damn site has a limit of 200 mb per upload and the archived submod is bigger than that). I would just upload the files I changed but it's been a long time and I forgot which files I edited . I will post the files with exact instructions on the main page when I uploaded them. I will also add the custom portraits and family tree ideas I had in case anyone wants to move in and work on the submod (either for personal use or for the members of the forum).
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    I doubt I will be working on the alternative universe submod anytime soon. I think I'll be uploading it in segments on mediafire somewhere in the near future (the damn site has a limit of 200 mb per upload and the archived submod is bigger than that). I would just upload the files I changed but it's been a long time and I forgot which files I edited . I will post the files with exact instructions on the main page when I uploaded them. I will also add the custom portraits and family tree ideas I had in case anyone wants to move in and work on the submod (either for personal use or for the members of the forum).
    Thanks a lot, ever since hearing the idea i have been eagerly anticipating it. Plus the skins look pretty damm sweet if i do say so myself Good Job.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

It gets me a CTD with 0.53. Can't it be made to work with it? I'd really love these new reskins.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Strange, no one has reported CTD because of the skins before...
    Just in case...Have you got enchanced 0.53? (Young Bloods) ?

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

No, I have the normal 0.53. That is what I meant in my post. Does it work with the normal 0.53?

EDIT: Sorry, I figured it out and it is not your mod, it is the new portraits mod, that is the one causing the CTDs. I installed them both at the same time and at first I thought that it is this mod because the easier mistakes could be made here. Sorry again. Your mod seems to be working just fine.
    Last edited by Petroniu; May 05, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

I have no idea, since I used enchanced before the realease of the skins.

Well I got into uploading the alternate-universe submod files. Sadly I couldn't find the custom portraits I had for the characters.

The submod was to be based on the youngbloods submod so if you want the files to work it would be best to copy and overwrite them over a fresh youngbloods version.

This is the unit_models folder, which contains the new faction skins

http://www.mediafire.com/?159c8x3h8av43sx

This contains most of the other files and folders found in the data folder of the submod. I added them all since I can't remember which I edited and which not

http://www.mediafire.com/?fhy5kpkcc6sk89p

And this is a text file with the changes that were to be made for the characters in-game (which were to be removed, changed or added)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddc2cxs7lby79c1

Yes Prophet you are a god, Rep is coming your way cant wait to play this. Thanks again

Hey Guys i have been doing a little bit of work on the alternative sub mod, however not a lot as i have exams at this moment in time. So have just being playing around with it in spare time. But I was wondering on house words of the faction for the alternative submod such as:House Royce - We RememberHouse Harlaw - Reap the DawnHouse Bolton - Our blades are SharpHouse Yronwood - We Guard the WayHouse Connington - "we are the storm" or "A Griffin! A Griffin" or or they was another possibility in the german release of Dance of Dragons part 1, but cant reme,ber what it was.However as i am aware there have been no house words/motto of house reyne, florent, blackfyre or frey so was wondering if you guys would give suggestions please?

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

I think a rain related pun would be appropriate for Reyne, in keeping with the Rains of Castamere

Blackfyre could just adopt the Targaryen words, since Daemon's argument was that he was the true son of Aegon IV, and Daeron wasn't.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

I've got a spare portrait that would be fitting for 'Maekar Blackfyre' as the list says, if you'd like it. As for the words for Blackfyre, might I suggest 'We bear the sword'? Anyway, here's the portrait, free for use if you want it http://www.mediafire.com/?udemrwhhl76ynu9

That will be great thank you, must say the portrait does look good I believe these to be fitting words for House Blackfyre thank you

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Awesome idea of Blackfyre words Eoghan. Damn, this should be canon ;p

Will you be using the stannis textures that the wtw team has provided as a gift to subfolders?

Quote Originally Posted by jedimannan111 View Post
    Will you be using the stannis textures that the wtw team has provided as a gift to subfolders?

Not any time soon unfortunately

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast