Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ogniem i Mieczem (With Fire And Sword): Total War mod preview and DOWNLOAD

Seth's Avatar Libertus

Default Ogniem i Mieczem (With Fire And Sword): Total War mod preview and DOWNLOAD

Ogniem i Mieczem (With Fire And Sword)

Ogniem i Mieczem (With Fire And Sword) is a major modification to a well known strategy game Rome: Total War. The modification is focused on events which took place in Eastern and Central Europe in XVI-XVII ages.

There are 17 most important states in the mod:
    • Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Moscovy, European Ottoman Empire;
    • 30-year war member-states, the great European countries, which influenced the military history – Austria and Swedish Kingdom. Their numerous allies and vassals are also included in the mod – Crimean Khanate, Venetian Republic, Moldavian Principality, Imeretian Kingdom, Duchy of Kurland and Zemgaly, Walachian Dukedom, Hohenzollers, Montenegro, Dukedom of Transylvania, Sefethids;
    • such unique factions as The Great Don Cossack Army and The Zaporozhian Cossack Army.

Features The unique tactics and strategy for each faction are based on unique lines of buildings, upgrades and units. The atmosphere in the game is maintained with authentic symbolism of the states of that period. The interface is made according to the spirit of the age. Military quotations of that period are also included. Historical accuracy is the main strong point of the mod. The starting conditions of the campaign correspond to the real political, strategic, economic, demographic and military set-up at the year of 1569 (campaign starting date). Events drastically change during the campaign. To win you always have to be ready to show your supreme mastery of strategy and tactics. Campaign ends at the year of 1700. This date symbolizes the beginning of a new military age.

Short mod info Number of factions (subject to change) – 20
    Number of units (subject to change) – 500
    Time period - 1569-1700
    Number of provinces (subject to change) – 199

Main features of the mod:
    • historically accurate political, economic, demographic and military conditions at the start of the campaign;
    • unique architecture for different cultures and factions;
    • unique units, including many exotic, eccentric and legendary ones;
    • units appearance, weapons and tactics are scrupulously recreated;
    • the turn length on land and at sea is changed. This adds some dynamics to the game;
    • landscape and climate conditions are accurately modeled;
    • the units speed during the battle is changed. The speed of linear, heavy and light infantry is well balanced.

The same refers to cavalry
    • firing speed is close to real. This greatly influences game tactics;
    • absolutely unique weapons types (for Rome: Total War): different firearms (pistols, harquebuses, different muskets), artillery (field and siege – mortars, howitzer artillery, volley fire systems, multibarrelled guns) which fires with cannonballs, bombs and grape-shots, grenadiers have hand grenades;
    • unique field fortifications system – gulyai gorod, military carts (wagons) and spikes;
    • realistic fortifications architecture, assaults and sieges;
    • new set of vices and virtues and retinue for generals.

So if you think Rome: Total War is finished, you are definitely mistaken! The main battles are ahead! Smash your enemies With Fire And Sword in the Total War!

DOWNLOAD
    Download Links and Installation Instructions
    Mod in Russian
    OiM 1.2
    http://extabit.com/file/28dvnngu6va2...Mieczem_1_2.7z

Patch 1.3.1
    http://extabit.com/file/28dvnngu4efkb/OiM_patch_1.31.7z

Installation Instructions
    1. Install Rome: TW-Barbarian Invasion and patch 1.6 on drive C:/ ! otherwise you may have problems installing the patches.
    2. UnZip Setup_Ogniem_i_Mieczem_1_2.7z and Run the installer EXE - file
    3. Follow the setup instructions
    4. When you are prompted to choose the path, hands Selects folder where the file resides RomeTW-BI.exe!!
    5. Then everything should be fine.
    6. If in the end mod still did not work - reinstall everything again CAREFULLY. Perhaps somewhere you'd be wrong
    7. UnZip the archive OiM_patch_1.31.7z in the root directory of Rome: TW-Barbarian Invasion with replacement folders, bi and data.
    8. In the shortcut properties to remove the operator-nm
    9. Enjoy
    Last edited by SHREDDER; May 05, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: Ogniem i Mieczem (With Fire And Sword): Total War mod preview

Great and interesting work!!! How did you know I am a long time fan of the period?? :wink:
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Why have I never heard of this before?!? It sounds fantastic!

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Could you show us the map you're basing yours on?
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Seth's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    Why have I never heard of this before?!?
    I'm trying to fix this =)
    Last edited by Seth; June 01, 2006 at 03:43 PM.

I can see why starting in 1569 (Union of Poland and Lithuania) but unsure as to why you'd stop at 1700. The year 1700 is the start of the Great Northern War from 1700-1721 and is what made Russia the new Baltic/Eastern European Power.

I would assume we'd see these groups as factions: Muscovy/Russia, Poland-Lithuania, Ottoman Empire, Austria, Prussia, Saxony, Holy Roman Empire will be a hard one to conjure up but possible, Swedish, the Tarters of the Crimea area, Denmark and a few small Balkan States. Just some thoughts.

amazing, this, i hope it goes well.

western historians often neglect elements of easter european history unless it involves russia. they fail to realize the greatness of the polish-lithuanian state.

Civitate

Wish you luck. A very interesting period as well might I add.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

I can't wait for this mod robicie remake Trylogii na silniku RTW?

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

SETH great you are here as well !

@Pietrak

Seth raczej nie jest Polakiem wiec moze nie zrozumiec..
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Pretty Impressive stuff, you guys should post more stuff here in TWC, ur bound to get an extra 50-100 fans from here.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Seth's Avatar Libertus

cegorach,
    doing my best!
    P.S. I don't speak Polish =)

Any estimated release date?

Isnogood's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Magno
    Any estimated release date?
    Yeah,what he said or...a chance for a demo (in any foreseeable future) ?

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

I thought so, but some peole need explanation that a mod with Polish name isn't mainly a Polish creation.

BTW Are there any Poles except me currently ? A guy called Hipolit was working for you for some time I remember, Robert doesn't appear as we know. I just wonder if there are any other Poles.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Ya dolzhin etu modfikatsiyu igrats!!!!! Odin is samih luchih katori ya vidil v moye zhizne. Molodtsi vi. Davaite bistreye vispuskaite!

Definately going to download this

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I think this is an interesting alternative mod well compared to the usual greek/roman mods. I dont know much about central and eastern europen history but from what i see from some of the screen shots on the other post, I will keep an eye on this mod. Good luck guys
    [Massive Sig Here]

There are 17 most important states in the mod:
    - Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Muscovy, European Ottoman Empire;
    - 30-year war member-states, the great European countries, which influenced the military history – Austria and Swedish Kingdom. Their numerous allies and vassals are also included in the mod – Crimean Khanate, Venetian Republic, Moldavian Principality, Imeretian Kingdom, Duchy of Kurland and Zemgaly, Walachian Dukedom, Hohenzollers, Montenegro, Dukedom of Transylvania, Sefethids;
    - such unique factions as The Great Don Cossack Army and The Zaporozhian Cossack Army.

...so Hungary won't be in?

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    ...so Hungary won't be in?
    Hungary was not really a part of the region this mod focuses on Archer... this is about the Baltics and Eastern reaches of the Polish-Lithuanian Commowealth... Hungary was in its worst Ottoman period at the time.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

and neither will Bohemia, so we'll just have to deal with it.

It is strange though that all these small duchies are in, but not two of the biggest Central European kingdoms.

Though I understand that both were in decline at this time (thanks to Ottomans and Austrians). However, they couls still be independent. Mohacs happened decades into the gameplay and White Mountian almost at the end of the game.

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast