Thread: Melee Duration / Sieges

Default Melee Duration / Sieges

Hi all, I've just got 1 quick question.

I am sometimes finding the duration of the Battles a little bit long, mostly I notice this when I am attacking a settlement (Siege) and the battle rages in the alleys etc, but also in field battle aswell. It makes me wish for a "x12" to speed it up.

Its not a complaint or anything, but my question is this... In the EDU , if I changed the "Defense Skill" of all units - lowered all units Def. Skill by 5 points (or 10)-- would this quicken the duration of melee/battle, or would it ruin the balance of all the units?

Default Re: Melee Duration / Sieges

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=491781
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514514

You could lower the skill by yourself, and the battles would be shorter.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Long and bloody battles are a feature of the Mod, and so we (the team) will probably not be doing anything toward rendering this shorter or quicker battles in the near future.

So, yes, you will have to edit the files or lower the skills by yourself.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Long and bloody battles are a feature of the Mod, and so we (the team) will probably not be doing anything toward rendering this shorter or quicker battles in the near future.

So, yes, you will have to edit the files or lower the skills by yourself.

Okay , thx - I know how to edit it myself - and all I'd do is just def.skill -5 for all units (every last one!), something like this that is , easy as heck - and totally simple to undo.

Since you haven't mentioned anything about such "stats change" ruining the game or ruining unit balance, I'll give it a try.

thank you, once again

Just wanted to add, for anyone who was looking in at the post -- I reduced the Defense Skill of all units by 10 points, didn't take long - and wow. I am VERY pleased.

I was worried that the battles would become too short, or the unit-balance would get messed up... But I found it just right - still well long enough for epic bloodbath, and tactical variety etc... Elite units still elite, lower tier still lower, etc...It only slightly quickens the pace of battles, but that 'durability' of the troops still intact =)

I'm really loving this Mod , I desired a lil faster with battles for Campaign -- I really like "story mode" so to speak of this game, and discovering the various units "naturally".

Northumbrian campaign is on a roll now, this mod is Brialliant.

p.s. - Saxon Mercs and Lithsmen for the win