Thread: Best difficulty settings

Default Best difficulty settings

Hi all, would you be so kind and tell me what is the best difficulty settings for this mod? I suppose hard battles and medium strategy map? What do you think?
    Thanks

Default Re: Best difficulty settings

Medium battles and hard strategy. If you want a chance at least

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Or, better, Hard battle | Very Hard Campaign, for have a blast

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Too cruel man

Hard/Hard was the best option, battles get more intense and you have an actual chance of losing.
    I feel always too secure in Medium battles.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Me too

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tiro

Yeah I think if you've had some fair experience with TW games then H/H is a good choice, although experts might find that too easy.

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

Am I missing something?? VH/VH is the only way to play...... Even then you RARELY lose a battle (and I mean rarely, maybe one out of 20) .... Maybe I'm just the Alexander of TW games...
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I usually go for H/H, but I've discovered that M/H, or H/M if you're a better nation-leader than general (xD), is suitable for newer players. VH/VH, on the other hand, is practically suicide. Play with the diff. settings a little :> might take some time to find your own balance.

I've been playing this mod on the hardest difficulty settings for both campaign map and battles. The battles are still rather easy to win much of the time, mainly because the AI still does stupid stuff like not positioning its troops very effectively against your line. It's certainly a ton better with Darthmod than Vanilla.

That said, it seems like on the very hardest battle difficulty, the AI really really likes to melee charge you which is pretty lame when you're fighting the OP French armies with their ridiculously high morale and super OP cavalry (especially the light dragoons).

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeywarrior View Post
    I've been playing this mod on the hardest difficulty settings for both campaign map and battles. The battles are still rather easy to win much of the time, mainly because the AI still does stupid stuff like not positioning its troops very effectively against your line. It's certainly a ton better with Darthmod than Vanilla.

That said, it seems like on the very hardest battle difficulty, the AI really really likes to melee charge you which is pretty lame when you're fighting the OP French armies with their ridiculously high morale and super OP cavalry (especially the light dragoons).
    Their morale is ridiculous, indeed. Makes it hard to beat a much larger french army with an inferior one. Even impossible at times. This was very much doable in ETW ^^