Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EasyDb for ETW - Units

Default EasyDb for ETW - Units

EasyDb is a handy db editor for mod packs creation or/and editing. In this first beta release, EasyDb for ETW works with the units related tables. Using this tool beginners can easily create or/and edit unit packs while more experienced modders can save valuable time in mass new unit production. In the future more fields of db will be added like buildings, technology, effects, etc. Current version is in beta stage. If you find it useful, your feedback will be important for fixing or/and improving this tool. Next I will make the EasyDb for Napoleon. Meanwhile I’d like also to know your suggestions for the next most used group of db tables in your modifications to expand
    EasyDb

EasyDb
    can:

1. Edit vanilla unit settings
    2. Edit units mod pack
    3. Create new units
    4. Create new units mod pack

EasyDb
    contains:

1. An updated PFM that can access all ETW tables.
    2. The maim utility
    3. Useful resources

EasyDb is based in TSV files manipulation. Its working routine is reading input TSV files, editing and exporting them back to add them in a new or an existing pack. It edits the 5 basic TSVs related with units: units.tsv, unit_stats_land.tsv, unit_stats_naval.tsv, building_units_allowed.tsv, units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.tsv, unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions.tsv, (they are actually 6 but a unit can have either stats land or naval stat table) plus 5 more secondary that extend the unit modifications: units_to_gov_type_permissions.tsv, units_to_groupings_military_permissions.tsv, unit_required_technology_junctions.tsv, warscape_animated.tsv, warscape_animated_lod.tsv. The last 2 tables are needed for texture/model changes and they require some advanced modding skills. Have in mind that usually units do not have entries in all 10 tables but every unit needs at least the first 5 basic of them (units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.tsv can be replaced by units_to_groupings_military_permissions.tsv).

The first obvious difference than the other db editors is that EasyDb is “unit-centric” than “table-centric”. In its main window you can see the entries of a unit (one at a time) in all 10 tables, than having one table at a time with all units. In this way you do not have to open and close several spreadsheets to make entries for each unit, or trying to find where is that damn mistake that spoiled your mod pack! All tables are updated with the latest csv released by CA. Moreover EasyDb contains preview pages where you can have all your edited units together in a more classic “table-centric” view. Preview pages are dynamic and you can continue editing if you like.

Except PFM there are some more resources available in EasyDb that will help you in modding units. There are blank TSVs that are used automatically to create new tables, and vanilla TSVs so you do not have to mess with vanilla packs. There is also a mod pack ready where you can import your modded TSVs and use it right away. In Resources menu you can find some important stuff that you might need for your changes like recruiting buildings, unit abilities, models, etc. In this way you can easily copying them in EasyDb tables than searching in other packs while you will avoid misspellings.

Installation:

Download attached beta EasyDb_ETW.7z and decompress wherever you like, it does not need installation. Use the EasyDb.exe to launch the utility.

Download Link:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21314455/EasyDb_ETW.7z
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jh5p9qp4v47495z

In
    Help menu you'll find detailed instructions.

Useful links:
    How to create a custom unit - a complete guide
    The great DB Manual

Last edited by husserlTW; February 10, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: EasyDb for ETW - Units

Do you think you could add some other possibilities :

Create new cannon

To create a new artillery unit you need :
    • warscape_animated_lod_tables :
      • animatable_rigid_model filepath and <gun_name>
      • rigid_model_animation filepath and <gun_name>_destruction
    • warscape_animated_tables :
      • textures filepath
    • warscape_rigid_lod_tables :
      • rigid_model filepath and <gun_name>_destroyed
    • warscape_rigid_tables :
      • textures filepath
    • gun_type_projectiles_tables
      • Shot type from projectile_tables
    • gun_types_tables :
      • Gun_type name
      • <gun_name> from warscape_animated_lod_tables
      • <gun_name>_destroyed from warscape_rigid_lod_tables
      • <gun_name>_destruction from warscape_animated_lod_tables
    • unit_stats_land_tables :
    • unit_tables :
    • unit_to_grouping_military_permissions_tables :
    • building_units_allowed_tables :
    Create new projectile
    To create a new projectile you need :
    • projectiles_explosions_tables
    • projectiles_tables
      • shot type from projectile_shot_type_enum_tables
      • missile_type from projectiles_missile_type_enum_tables
      • missile model from warscape_rigid_lod_tables (projectile_<projectile_name>)
      • explosion_type from projectiles_explosions_tables
      • trail from projectile_trails_tables
      • spin type (axe_spin, chain_shot_spin, grenade_spin, none)
      • in flight _transition (shrapnel, n, <void>)
      • impact from projectile_impacts_tables

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Taraphir's Avatar Semisalis

Bravo HusserlTW you are a marvel.

Not bad
    Must be factions_tables, warscape_equipment_themes_tables, battle_personalities_tables

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Good... But how do I edit Mod units that are in DB packs ?
    Last edited by Goutlard; February 15, 2012 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Good... But how do I edit Mod units that are in DB packs ?
    By using... EasyDb. There are detailed instructions in Help menu.

this is really cool but i cannot seem to be able to add new textures to a file. i dont want to replace ones already in there just add more. how do i accomplish that?

What you mean add more? Unit can use only one texture. Give me an example please.

sure. i created some new units, and they work fine in game, then i created some new textures but i get a crash hen i tried them in game. i think the reason they are not woring is because only one texture file can be used at a time. so now i am trying to load the new textures into another texture file and it wont allow me to do that. i tried to follow the create a custom unit guide to the tee exept that on the texture part i dont want to replace a texture, i want to add more. for some reason i cannot add them to the mod back. it keeps giving me an error.

i dont want to replace a texture, i want to add more. for some reason i cannot add them to the mod back. it keeps giving me an error.
    I lost you here... I mean since the unit uses only one texture at a time ho you should add more?

Or you mean to add them in the pack and use each one at a time? If this is the case then you should forst add the textures as files in your pack using the PFM. Then you should follow each time the known routine (edit unit unit_stats_land, warscape_animated tables and warscape_animated_lod). But I have the feeling that you do not mean that...

no thank you. i created new units from scratch, then i made new textures that are only used for these new units. the game runs fine using textures that already exist in the game, but when i change the files to reflect the new units textures, i get a crash.

Hey husserTW,

Recently I downloaded Imperium Globale II, a mod that has its own units pack file. However, I would like to add Ornamentum's units to that mod. In order to do that, I downloaded the Easy DB Editor. I exported the necessary tsv's to the Output folder, but after that I don't know what to do. I mean, not that your instructions in the Help menu aren't clear (in fact, they are), but I wasn't able to follow what you meant by "importing the tsv's" to the mod pack. When I do that, it replaces the tsv's located in the mod pack by the ones I extracted from the Ornamentum mod.

What I want to do is add more units to the mod, not replace them. How do I do that? Sorry for the trouble.

NOTE: Both the Ornamentum units mod and the Imperium Globale II mod have different movie files. Is there anything I need to do about this?

There are many ways you can do that, I'll suggest 2 of them: use Ornamentum TSVs first to select the units you like and edit them. When you've done a) either make a new pack with them (select Create New TSV button and then import them to the empty pack I provide - see also instructions) or b) remove the Ornamentum TSVs from Input folder and place there the TSVs from the pack you wanted the edited units to be added. Then select Update TSV button. Import the produced TSV from Output folder to your pack.

A "movie" type of pack does not need (and must not be there) a mod command added in user script. The game will always upload them as long as they are in game's data folder.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Great work.

I have a problem though. To get to the point, I edited a unit, it's a pack file and I put it in the data folder, but modmanager is saying it's a movie pack and I cannot activate it.

Help?

You do not need to activate it. Just place it in your data folder and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You do not need to activate it. Just place it in your data folder and you are good to go.
    That solves one problems. The same thing I tried to mod will not work, and help? Has no effect.

For Imperial Splendour 2.14, how would I remove the current limit of 8 trade ships from a long campaign (as Denmark)?

Using the PFM, I've tried changing the campaign_variables entry "trade_route_internat_sea_length_limit" from 1E+08 to 250 and started a new campaign but the Indiaman tradeship limit was still 8. If I try to open the unit_tables entry "is_naval_units" I get an unhandled exception. Do you know where I can find the trade ship limit number specifically?

Found it. Had to update NET framework. :]

Help?

I edited a unit's stats, put the pack in my data folder, and it has no effect. Help?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast