Thread: Missing Kypchak Units Submod for BC 2.3.2

Iratern's Avatar Foederatus

Default Missing Kypchak Units Submod for BC 2.3.2

Sorry it's not much, I just modified the EDB to include the kypchak noble lancers, nomad lancers, kypchak elite horse archers. I have not done much balancing and I have only used the data for similar units to define the recruitment parameters for the human and ai. But I want to give back to the community what it has given to me.

To install just replace the included attachment (after unzipping it) with the export_descr_buildings file found in mods/Broken_Crescent_Kingdoms/data. (Remember to backup the original just in case!)

I hope someone might find some use for it, I am not much of a modder, but it shouldn't cause any problems. It works fine for me atm

Default Re: Missing Kypchak Units Submod for BC 2.3.2

This is nice one, there can be also some other improvements for making Desth-i Kipcak, into a much more rich gameplay. Good work for this beginning Iratern

Kipchak can be more unique, with its Gok Tengri belief (not Pagan), shamans, rallys (rallying tribes for Akın, for expanding-advancing; like Jihad, Crusade), and unique culture, they were very exceptional for the game period.

Their religion and culture also could be changed to Islam or Christianity by a game event. I think I know the way, but I have not much time to work on too deeply. They were close to these two religions, also had their own One God belief. The player could decide, what path to lead on. In the history, some of them chose Islam (their Caucasia branches and Crimea) and some of them chose Orthodox faith (joined to the Russian, Bulgarian but especially the Georgian)

Thank you but I'm not that proficient in the inner mechanics of the game

But it would be nice if someone could give me some opinions on the recruitment parameters that would be most appropriate. I tried to make lancers 1 lvl higher recruitment then their horse archer equivalents (for example a fortress lvl nomad lancer has castle level nomad horse archer parameters for human)

Those units appeared only in Custom Battles due to being omitted from the EDB?

Quote Originally Posted by Iratern View Post
    Thank you but I'm not that proficient in the inner mechanics of the game

But it would be nice if someone could give me some opinions on the recruitment parameters that would be most appropriate. I tried to make lancers 1 lvl higher recruitment then their horse archer equivalents (for example a fortress lvl nomad lancer has castle level nomad horse archer parameters for human)
    In the below, I could give you the barracks' levels for the example, but there are so much AI training codes in the "export_descr_buildings", so I gave you my custom modding, for a much simple edition. You only need to look to the spoilers, then compare two of them.

I would like to define you one more thing, do not consider the line "and event_counter ai_is_turk 1" for your understanding. I assume this line is needed for AI to recruit those kind of units (in the below) before the player's recruting level of that building. For example you are training "X warriors" in the level 3 barracks, but AI could train that unit if its building level is level2. The all recruiting lines are listed in "export_descr_buildings" for both player control and AI control.
    But in gameplay, if you want to see AI would recruit of units like you in the same levels, you don't need those codes like "and event_counter ai_is_turk 1" or "and not event_counter first_turn 1" or "and event_counter player_is_turk 1"

So simply, what you are looking for is this, I assume:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    masjid city requires factions { mongols, egypt, moors, turks, russia, venice, milan, spain, denmark, hungary, }
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    ;! recruit_start temple_muslim 2
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.19 1 2 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource recruit_abbasid and event_counter ai_is_abbasid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.22 1 2 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource recruit_ayyubid and event_counter ai_is_ayyubid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.15 1 2 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghazni and event_counter ai_is_ghazni 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 2 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghorid and event_counter ai_is_ghorid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.51 1 2 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource recruit_kwarz and event_counter ai_is_kwarz 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.22 1 2 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource recruit_oman and event_counter ai_is_oman 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.51 1 2 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource recruit_seljuk and event_counter ai_is_seljuk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.31 1 2 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource recruit_sindh and event_counter ai_is_sindh 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.29 1 2 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource recruit_turk and event_counter ai_is_turk 1
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 1 requires factions { moors, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 1 requires factions { egypt, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.15 1 1 requires factions { venice, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.10 1 1 requires factions { spain, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 1 requires factions { russia, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 1 requires factions { hungary, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.29 1 1 requires factions { turks, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.19 1 1 requires factions { moors, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.22 1 1 requires factions { egypt, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.15 1 1 requires factions { venice, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.10 1 1 requires factions { spain, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.11 1 1 requires factions { russia, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.11 1 1 requires factions { hungary, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.24 1 1 requires factions { turks, } and region_religion islam 70
    ;! recruit_end

happiness_bonus bonus 2
    religion_level bonus 1
    }

In the spoiler, I have added my own custom units to the masjid buildings for some Islamic factions. You can delete the entry "and region_religion islam 70" for your gameplay, if you don't want your units dependent to the local religion level. (My Ghazi units could be recruited if the %70 of the population is muslim)
    So you can delete that entry for your custom barracks/stables units, like these:
    recruit_pool "kypchak medium horse archer" 1 0.22 1 2 requires factions { portugal, }
    So, Portugal (Kipcaks) will recruit the unit, independent from AI or religion or another. This line is sufficient enough.

Let's return to my own example again, in the higher level of that building (masjid to minareted_masjid for example), there comes Askari Nobles in the Masjid Building tree. At the below, my Ghazi units are still present.
    You could investigate the changes in the below (spoiler).

(For definition: I edited Askari Nobles for my own playing as Alperens for the gameplay of both of the Seljuk States. For definition, aux arabreligios: Askari Nobles, aux turkreligios: Alperens)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    minareted_masjid city requires factions { mongols, egypt, moors, turks, russia, venice, milan, spain, denmark, hungary, }
    {
    capability
    {
    ;! recruit_start temple_muslim 3
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.14 1 3 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource cbr_abbasid and event_counter ai_is_abbasid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 3 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource cbr_ayyubid and event_counter ai_is_ayyubid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.11 1 3 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource cbr_ghazni and event_counter ai_is_ghazni 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.12 1 3 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource cbr_ghorid and event_counter ai_is_ghorid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.50 1 3 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource cbr_kwarz and event_counter ai_is_kwarz 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 3 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource cbr_oman and event_counter ai_is_oman 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.50 1 3 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource cbr_seljuk and event_counter ai_is_seljuk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.25 1 3 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource cbr_sindh and event_counter ai_is_sindh 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.17 1 3 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource cbr_turk and event_counter ai_is_turk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.09 1 0 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource cbr_abbasid and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.10 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource cbr_ayyubid and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.07 1 0 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource cbr_ghazni and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.08 1 0 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource cbr_ghorid and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.30 1 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource cbr_kwarz and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.10 1 0 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource cbr_oman and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.30 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource cbr_seljuk and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource cbr_sindh and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.09 1 0 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource cbr_turk and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.09 1 0 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource cbr_abbasid and event_counter player_is_abbasid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.10 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource cbr_ayyubid and event_counter player_is_ayyubid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.07 1 0 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource cbr_ghazni and event_counter player_is_ghazni 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.08 1 0 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource cbr_ghorid and event_counter player_is_ghorid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.30 1 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource cbr_kwarz and event_counter player_is_kwarz 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.10 1 0 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource cbr_oman and event_counter player_is_oman 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.30 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource cbr_seljuk and event_counter player_is_seljuk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource cbr_sindh and event_counter player_is_sindh 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.09 1 0 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource cbr_turk and event_counter player_is_turk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource recruit_abbasid and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource recruit_ayyubid and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.14 1 0 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghazni and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.16 1 0 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghorid and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.40 1 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource recruit_kwarz and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource recruit_oman and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.40 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource recruit_seljuk and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.29 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource recruit_sindh and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource recruit_turk and not event_counter first_turn 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.26 1 3 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource recruit_abbasid and event_counter ai_is_abbasid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.29 1 3 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource recruit_ayyubid and event_counter ai_is_ayyubid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.21 1 3 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghazni and event_counter ai_is_ghazni 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 3 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghorid and event_counter ai_is_ghorid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.58 1 3 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource recruit_kwarz and event_counter ai_is_kwarz 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.33 1 3 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource recruit_oman and event_counter ai_is_oman 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.33 1 3 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource recruit_seljuk and event_counter ai_is_seljuk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.46 1 3 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource recruit_sindh and event_counter ai_is_sindh 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.29 1 3 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource recruit_turk and event_counter ai_is_turk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { moors, } and hidden_resource recruit_abbasid and event_counter player_is_abbasid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource recruit_ayyubid and event_counter player_is_ayyubid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.14 1 0 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghazni and event_counter player_is_ghazni 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.16 1 0 requires factions { milan, } and hidden_resource recruit_ghorid and event_counter player_is_ghorid 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.40 1 0 requires factions { spain, } and hidden_resource recruit_kwarz and event_counter player_is_kwarz 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { denmark, } and hidden_resource recruit_oman and event_counter player_is_oman 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.40 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource recruit_seljuk and event_counter player_is_seljuk 1
    recruit_pool "aux arabreligios" 1 0.29 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource recruit_sindh and event_counter player_is_sindh 1
    recruit_pool "aux turkreligios" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { turks, } and hidden_resource recruit_turk and event_counter player_is_turk 1
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 2 requires factions { moors, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 2 requires factions { egypt, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.15 1 2 requires factions { venice, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.10 1 2 requires factions { spain, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 2 requires factions { russia, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 2 requires factions { hungary, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.29 1 2 requires factions { turks, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.19 1 2 requires factions { moors, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.22 1 2 requires factions { egypt, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.15 1 2 requires factions { venice, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.10 1 2 requires factions { spain, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.11 1 2 requires factions { russia, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.11 1 2 requires factions { hungary, } and region_religion islam 70
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.24 1 2 requires factions { turks, } and region_religion islam 70
    ;! recruit_end

agent priest 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, southern_european, }
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    religion_level bonus 2
    agent_limit priest 1
    }

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Those units appeared only in Custom Battles due to being omitted from the EDB?
    Yeah

Oh thank you, but I understand what the script and parameters define. I just need a balanced parameter for both the player and the AI, regarding the recruitment availability. Right now I'm not sure how often and which lvl these troops should appear?

You should test this parameters a little bit :
    recruit_pool "ghazi infantry" 1 0.14 1 2 requires factions { russia, }
    recruit_pool "ghazi cavalry" 1 0.10 1 2 requires factions { spain, }

For example, it is obvious that, 0.14 is for the unit's replenisment factor. In the lands of 'russia' (Great Seljuks), that unit will appear in a definite time, but for 'spain' (Khwarezmshahs) it will appear less. Either the first '1' or the second '1' is for maximum unit pool. But which one of them, I don't know really.

The first number is the initial number in the pool, the second is the replenishment rate, the third is the maximum amount and the fourth is the experience the unit starts with.

Thank you k/t, for this valuable information

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Nice little improving mod,really like it.