Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions and Feedback

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever actually used it.

I just know it looks freaking awesome.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: The Playable Clans of V1.0

Erwin, what do you think of mochi's point?

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I went with Murukami coz I cant find anything about the Hori in their kamon. If some can be found, I'll happily defer to it.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Samurai Archives has this as their kamon:

I figure they've based it on this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There is also this:

Two pitches for colour schemes, based on the kamon depicted on the Samurai Archives Hori page:

Or... this, based more on the above prints with a white crest in two different forms:

To provide a few other alternatives, we could apply the above colour schemes to the two other mons or use the black/white colour scheme, as we did well not to spam it.
    Last edited by Akaie; March 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokgar
    Actually speaking of which, do the archers have the same melee stats as the non-archer units on boats?
    No, Ranged Marine Stats... if i'm not mistaken for ATK-DEF is 4-1. Katana Seaman...12-4. Genpei seamans are notably more powerful, has def skill of...7, i think...

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I was wondering.... Is it possibe to enable "Stand and Fight" from the get-go?

I turtle a lot, so my generals aren't fighting constant battles. It take a long time to level them up enough to get "Stand and Fight" so I almost never get to use it. Also, maybe night battles as well?

Or would this all be OP, somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    I'd support putting night battles on the first notch of that skill instead of the third, but S&F should only be for higher level generals imo.
    I know how the ability gets stuck to a tech tree. Unfortunately, I don't think I can move abilities around on the tech tree, seeing as though I can't get rid of the connection and I also don't believe I can knock out and re-create abilities.

As for the night battles, there might be a condition to it showing up, but I don't remember it being unlockable.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

So I will write corrected order of battle about first post of Anton for reference, do not feel unpleasant.
    Iwate Nanbu Nobunao
    Akita Akita Sanesue
    Miyagi Date Masamune
    Hitachi Satake Yoshinobu
    Shimotuke Gamou Hideyuki
    Kozuke Ii Naomasa
    Musashi Tokugawa Ieyasu (home province)
    Shimousa Yuki Hideyasu, son of Tokugawa Ieyasu
    Sado Uesugi Kagekatsu
    Etchu Maeda Toshinaga
    Kaga Maeda Toshinaga (home province)
    Noto Maeda Toshimasa (younger brother of Toshinaga)
    Suruga Nakamaura Kazutada
    Ise Tomita Nobutaka (or Kuki Yoshitaka, pirates clan)
    Iga Tsutsui Sadatsugu
    Yamato Mashita Nagamori
    Kii Kuwayama Shigeharu (or Horiuchi Ujiyoshi, pirates clan)
    Yamashiro Torii Mototada、retainer of Tokugawa
    Kawachi Toyotomi Hideyori
    Tanba Onogi Kimisato (or Maeda Geni)
    Tajima Koide Yoshimasa (or Sugihara Nagafusa)
    Harima Kinoshita Iesada (or Kasuya Takenori)
    Inaba Miyabe Nagahiro
    Hoki Mouri Terumoto
    Bichu Ukita Hideie
    Bingo Mouri Terumoto
    Iwami Mouri Terumoto
    Nagato Mouri Terumoto
    Suo Mouri Terumoto
    Awaji Wakisaka Yasuharu
    Awa Hachisuka Iemasa
    Hizen Nabeshima Naoshige
    Hyuga Ito Suketaka (or Takahashi Mototane)
    Osumi Shimazu Yoshihisa
    Bungo Ota Kazuyoshi (or Nakagawa Hidenari)
    Last edited by mochi; March 16, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

The clans we have at the moment are a combination of getting the most memorable and the most prominent figures into the campaign, all the while getting around a number of modding limitations to make a stylized game. As such, some of the suggestions of the list aren't possible, whilst others don't accent the more prominent figures of the period as much as I'd like and as much as we have now . I'm not sure I can work a majority of this into the campaign, not without removing much of what I have done to date...

This line of discussion is more suited in the suggestions thread.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    No, Ranged Marine Stats... if i'm not mistaken for ATK-DEF is 4-1. Katana Seaman...12-4. Genpei seamans are notably more powerful, has def skill of...7, i think...
    Weird, in the game stats its just 12-2 for all the ships. Also in ROTS I never figured out if samurai ships are more powerful in melee compared to the attendant ships.

Yes, I understand your opinion much or less, Anton.
    The choice dealing Sima and Naoe as independent clans or as retainers of their masters' historically depend on mod concept.
    But I think, for example, dealing of Maeda clan now extinguished some historical reality and changing Maeda's provinces will not make so difficult new problem in mod design.
    Last edited by mochi; March 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

@mochi, the problem is that the province distribution between the clans is the same as in the vanilla game, only the names/colors/flags changed, not the starting position. I don't know if it's even possible to create new starting position for a clan. For example, Toyotomi replace the Myoshi in vanilla (same three provinces) removing Awa for example to give it to the Hachisuka would require to change some hard coded stuff, with specific tools and would most likely create problems with the CAI and the gamer balance.
    Anton is the only one to know if it's doable but sadly, I doubt it is.

To clear up how I responded, I'll reply to each suggestion individually. I have used blue text under your original black text to make clear where I've written.

Iwate Nanbu Nobunao
    Akita Akita Sanesue
    Miyagi Date Masamune
    Kii Kuwayama Shigeharu (or Horiuchi Ujiyoshi, pirates clan)
    Noto Maeda Toshimasa (younger brother of Toshinaga)
    Miyagi is tied to the faction that holds Noto, Kawachi and Kii. Thus, if we place Masamune in Miyagi, he will very inappropriately control said provinces. In lue of having Masamune solely in Miyagi, which is not possible, I have him in Iwate and give him the means to easily capture Miyagi. This gives us the issue of the Nanbu, who would not hold Iwate. Giving them Ugo and Uzen is far too inappropriate, so I have left them out of the campaign. Having the Akita overwrite the Mogami is probably the more reasonable, although I'm not completely sold. Having some details about their heraldry is encouraging, and their implementation would mirror the Mogami.
    Hitachi Satake Yoshinobu
    Shimotuke Gamou Hideyuki
    These provinces are tied together. I placed the Naoe here to expand the 'Uesugi' rule, whilst making a neat campaign with Kanetsugu at it's head . Similarly with the Akita, I'm not sold. I'm even more hesitant about removing the Naoe...
    Kozuke Ii Naomasa
    One of the Sanada's controls this. I'd like some more considerations on this.
    Musashi Tokugawa Ieyasu (home province)
    I yield that this should have been done in the first place, but there are many things that have fine-tuned the Tokugawa's and the Ii's position in the campaign. I'm weary about tearing that up.
    Shimousa Yuki Hideyasu, son of Tokugawa Ieyasu
    No Honda? You'll have to deal with the mob with pitchforks and torches to get this change .
    Sado Uesugi Kagekatsu
    Sado is under control of the Honjo, who is in turn under control of the Uesugi. Diplomacy may not yet make that clear.
    Etchu Maeda Toshinaga
    I'll double check, but I think he's already there.
    Kaga Maeda Toshinaga (home province)
    Kaga is tied to the Otani; the latter arguably deserves representation in the campaign. Having Toshinaga own Kaga is less appealing if my memory serves me in regards to him owning Etchu.
    Suruga Nakamaura Kazutada
    This is something worth seriously considering. The heraldry would have to be ahistorical, although I do have a crest attributed to them.
    Ise Tomita Nobutaka (or Kuki Yoshitaka, pirates clan)
    This guy seems rather obscure. He doesn't seem as prominent as Ujiie Yukihiro. Anything you can attribute to him that better justifies a Tomita clan?
    Iga Tsutsui Sadatsugu
    Erwin wanted a Hattori-derived faction in Iga instead of the Tsutsui. It could have also been my pointing out that it is a DLC-related faction.
    Nagato Mouri Terumoto
    Suo Mouri Terumoto
    This is possible, although it involves wiping out the Ankokuji.

I'll edit this post later; I have other things to do at the moment . I also apologize if I seem rather stubborn on some points, but I'm extremely happy with the current clan layout. As such, removing or changing clans at this point will require a pretty good argument .

Yamato Mashita Nagamori
    Yamashiro Torii Mototada、retainer of Tokugawa
    Kawachi Toyotomi Hideyori
    Tanba Onogi Kimisato (or Maeda Geni)
    Tajima Koide Yoshimasa (or Sugihara Nagafusa)
    Harima Kinoshita Iesada (or Kasuya Takenori)
    Inaba Miyabe Nagahiro
    Hoki Mouri Terumoto
    Bichu Ukita Hideie
    Bingo Mouri Terumoto
    Iwami Mouri Terumoto
    Awaji Wakisaka Yasuharu
    Awa Hachisuka Iemasa
    Hizen Nabeshima Naoshige
    Hyuga Ito Suketaka (or Takahashi Mototane)
    Osumi Shimazu Yoshihisa
    Bungo Ota Kazuyoshi (or Nakagawa Hidenari)
    Last edited by Akaie; March 16, 2012 at 07:20 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

It would of been good if CA had allowed rebels to become a new clan that way you could script in an army to take a certain province on turn 1, a workaround to get the appropriate clans in the right spots. Unfortunately they didn't do that.

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Hey Anton, do you have any idea if the star fort from FOTS could be implmented into the sekighara campign? Or would that create chaos on a never before seen scale?

I'm sure it could, but it's FotS content .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

How would you implement spartan_warrior's Flexible Unit Recuitment Cap in Seki?

Not too sure yet. I wasn't expecting this to appear, so it may not make a huge appearance .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I forgot about this old mod. One of the main bugs was that when the unit moves, one of the banner carriers levitates in a rigid vetruvian man position, but when running its normal.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Feedback and Suggestions for this Mod

This mod is very good, the units are good, the campaign is good, but theres a few things, which, in my opinion, could have been done better, theres lots of room for improvement.

1. List the actual Unique Clan Bonuses, for example, li gets much better cav, etc..
    2. Increase the time limit of the campaign.
    3. Increase the research rate for the campaign, as it is now, i can hardly research anything with this low time limit.
    4. Find a way to make most major clans playable, like the Uesugi, Shimazu, etc...
    5. Buff up Katana Ashigaru a tiny bit, make it actually stand a chance in a 1vs1 fight against anything.

Btw, whats up with all the "Threat of Attack" i get all the time from friendly clans? Its ridiculous.

Theres also a building to reduce cost of buildings and etc... but i dont see a point in it, maybe make it a building where it massively increases the Replenish Rate of units, or a building that increases the expirience of units trained in that province, or maybe a building that increases the Grey Garrisoned Units(i dont know their names, they are the ones that emerge only when a castle is sieged).

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestions for this Mod

(Got rid of the other campaign time limit thread since it was brought up in here)

1. I'll dump what I replied to you in the guides forum.
    2. Ultimately there's no time limit. While you do have either 9, 24 or 109 years (436 isn't enough?; it was made for exactly this concern!) to have the campaign register as a win, it doesn't lock you out of the campaign just because you didn't make the deadline. You can play until you die!
    3. It is 50% longer than vanilla. Have a look at building effects; every one of them reduces the research time in the tech tree. Build up an empire; increase research rate. The idea was meant to provide a bit more depth to building construction by rewarding you with a huge research rate. It's noted in the guides forum.
    4. There is a way. I just haven't felt the need to spend the time on providing a second set of clans.
    5. They aren't optimally meant to fight in a generic 1v1 situation.
    Threat of attack: Subject to randomization. In my games, I rarely get it.
    I bumped the builders chain values so they provide a return if you construct construct a decent amount of buildings or ships after constructing the necessary building. A very, very tiny stackable value might be in order, though I figure such a tiny value would not be any influence and a bit higher would make the chain exploitable beyond my intention.
    Last edited by Akaie; May 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel