Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions and Feedback

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    numerous
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by madpluck View Post
    ha uhhh that was appallingly obvious from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Nord View Post
    Guess you've been found out. Oh well.

(btw AntonIII, did you see my mod proposal in the Compilations and Overhauls sub-forum? I'd like your opinion it, wether it's doable and such)
    Damn. I'll try to be more subtle next time .

Just replied to your mod proposal .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Most of my favorite personalities from the sengoku jidai is in the late period anyways, say from 1582 onwards (not that I don't like dudes like Oda Nobunaga, Shibata Katsuie, Mori Motonari, kenshin and shingen, and the hojo daimyo). I mean who doesn't love Ii Naomasa and the red devils? Date Masamune and his cone-helmet Hatamoto, and Katakura Kojuro, the devil-taisho Kato Kiyomasa and Ukita Hideie and so and so forth?

You knew to say Ukita Hideie, didn't you .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Dude I love Ukita Hideie and Kato Kiyomasa for their badassery during the Korean invasions, and for the fact that they served Hideyoshi lol.

EDIT: Thanks for giving your attention to my proposal!

I don't know if I wrote this before, but could you decrease the morale level of the units? Because in the current versions most of them (in my battles) are fighting until death and cavalry and morale bonusses of the general are getting ineffective...

But very good work in the actual beta!

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

suggestion for hero units: Yagyū Munenori, Itō Ittōsai.

Don't preorder games!

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

After playing multiple campaigns with various clans I still think Legendary tier of military buildings should be final one. Think that Grand tier should be before the Legendary. Think the choice between Legendary and Grand is not good. Legendary is something that should be unique and should be able to build once. Atm only advantage it has is that it gives option of building hero units but only vanilla ones, named and guard ones are built by Grand tier like Yellow/red/golden guard and those named heroes like Miyamoto Musashi. So I suggest this:
    -grand tier gives access to named heroes and yellow/red/golden cavalry but without experience bonuses to them.
    -legendary tier is last tier (built after grand) and can be built only once, it gives access to vanilla heroes (katana hero, bow hero, yari hero) and it gives +1 experience to named heroes and yellow/red/golden cavalry and also clan wide +1 bonus to melee attack-
    Last edited by Kambe; February 26, 2012 at 05:33 AM.

Don't preorder games!

I can see what you are getting at. The chains will be a bit distinct from the way they currently are in v1.0, but the issue with legendary vs grand chains seems more a matter of the wording rather than the content itself. If I were to use an alternative to legendary that is more on par with grand, the concern no longer exists.

As for the choice: one side gives you the superior unit (x Hero) whilst the other side applies bonuses to recruited forces. It seems this is distinct for the Ukita and Kato, where I attached them to the grand side rather than the legendary side, so that will change in v1.0.

I'm pretty happy with giving the player these sorts of choices. In fact, it will be something that will be greatly expanded.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

I have a question about the starting date :

Currently it is 1591 , however is it possible that we get a version of the mod with the start date in 1582 (after Nobunaga's death ) ? or say 1584 before the Komaki campaign ?

I ask this question because even though i'm aware several clans in the Sekigahara mods got their lands later , i saw in the videos that Hideyoshi is a playable general in the mod , so in 1584 he would be 48 years old , which gives time for him to battle and get many stars .

Also it would give more time to clans for developping their economy before going on a rampage in the late 1590's . The mod itself is a bit alternate history since there is no Imjin war or possibility within the limits of the game to get a climax battle at Sekigahara , so i thought maybe an earlier start date would give more "gameplay" time , currently the campaign objective has to be met within 40 turns which i found perhaps a bit short ?

I'm sorry if this has been debated before , i'm unaware of it , and in any case , i thank you very very much for this nice mod !
    Last edited by DeMolay; February 27, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523540

I suggest you have a gander at this. It is set at the death of Nobunaga, the general concept being the reigning in the old vassals.

--

As for the short campaign, we can actually keep playing once those objectives have been met .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523540

I suggest you have a gander at this. It is set at the death of Nobunaga, the general concept being the reigning in the old vassals.

--

As for the short campaign, we can actually keep playing once those objectives have been met .

Ohhh , ok sorry , thanks for answer Anton , i did not know it would conflict with another mod project , ok i understand

No problem. Don't be hesitant about posting suggestions .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I want suggest for Generals and agents: Now Generals and Agents get 2 points, when they reach to level. What you Anton and others if change generals and agents level points from 2 to 3?

At the moment, I give the player 3 points when he/she gets to level 5 and 4 points at level 6. I can increase it to 3 points and perhaps to lots of 4 at the end. Sound good?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Well, I just finished my first short campaign with the Ukita and I must say.. 6 points of honour right at the start ? Isn't it too much ? I can understand how much you like this guy, Anton, but maybe 4 points should be enough, because right now chi arts and retainers with honour bonuses are useless.
    Last edited by yoshisuke; February 28, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

At the moment, I give the player 3 points when he/she gets to level 5 and 4 points at level 6. I can increase it to 3 points and perhaps to lots of 4 at the end. Sound good?
    Sound good for me.

Please please please pleeaaaaasseeee make the Higo-no-Kato Toyotomi aligned instead of Tokugawa, it's the one thing that's keeping me from playing my favorite clan in this mod. I just can't stand being aligned with the Tokugawa as Kato Kiyomasa.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nord View Post
    Please please please pleeaaaaasseeee make the Higo-no-Kato Toyotomi aligned instead of Tokugawa, it's the one thing that's keeping me from playing my favorite clan in this mod. I just can't stand being aligned with the Tokugawa as Kato Kiyomasa.
    It's true his faithfulness was really to the Toyotomi , but he fought on Ieyasu side at Sekigahara , so it would have felt weird for some people to have him on the side of the Ishida , difficult choice i think

Anton could either show his true allegiance (in his heart ) , or you show what side he chose at Sekigahara based on many other factors than sentiments

I think a middle ground perhaps , would be like in vanilla Shogun , being able to change "religion" , so in Sekigahara case , being able to switch to Toyotomi or Tokugawa , then give a huge penalty in diplomacy with the clans he "betrayed" and penalty in public order in your provinces maybe ?

It's not related , but i think it would be cool to rename 3 castles , the one in Owari could be renamed Kiyosu , and the one in Mino , Gifu (Inokuchi was the old name when Saito Dosan was alive ) . Also the one in Izumo could be renamed Gassan-Toda . Would also be nice if there was a possibility to give some generals the right age that they had at the starting date of the campaign , i don't know if it is possible to change the age of generas in game though
    Last edited by DeMolay; February 28, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    It's true his faithfulness was really to the Toyotomi , but he fought on Ieyasu side at Sekigahara , so it would have felt weird for some people to have him on the side of the Ishida , difficult choice i think

Anton could either show his true allegiance (in his heart ) , or you show what side he chose at Sekigahara based on many other factors than sentiments

I think a middle ground perhaps , would be like in vanilla Shogun , being able to change "religion" , so in Sekigahara case , being able to switch to Toyotomi or Tokugawa , then give a huge penalty in diplomacy with the clans he "betrayed" and penalty in public order in your provinces maybe ?

It's not related , but i think it would be cool to rename 3 castles , the one in Owari could be renamed Kiyosu , and the one in Mino , Gifu (Inokuchi was the old name when Saito Dosan was alive ) . Also the one in Izumo could be renamed Gassan-Toda . Would also be nice if there was a possibility to give some generals the right age that they had at the starting date of the campaign , i don't know if it is possible to change the age of generas in game though
    Since Hideyoshi is still alive in the mod it would make sense that the daimyo who switched side at Seki are still aligned with the Toyotomi. On the other hand we would only have six or seven Tokugawa loyalists and the would break the game balance. That's why I'm okay with the mod as it is.
    And you can switch sides actually (just like in religion in vanilla) the AI clans do that sometimes. On my last game as Ukita I ha this absurd situation where Tokugawa and Honda switched to the Toyotomi side while The Naoe became fervour defensers of the Tokugawa.

For the names.. I don't think it's usefull, it shows the name of the province, not of the castle. Anton said he wanted the mod to be modular with sub-mods so it could be one !

And i think Anton is planning to set the ages right.