Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions and Feedback

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions and Feedback

Just something I was wondering while playing today— would it be possible to change the name of Kyoto (the province) to Yamashiro?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    sadly we cannot split Higo in two and put Konishi Yukinaga

i'd have a suggestion based on gameplay personally , concerning the situation of the Kuroda clan and Uesugi .

Kuroda campaign is one of the most challenging with Hosokawa and Naoe in hard , but it's still doable for the human player (a human Kuroda player can do without the metsukes by focusing on growth and chi exclusively , specializing in kyogen theater tree , sea trade and tokugawa embassy for military bonuses ) , however i noticed the AI Kuroda has great troubles to survive , same for Uesugi , and i thought it would be nice to give them a small boost to see them thrive more often as they get blitzed almost everytime by other AI clans early on

I thought maybe granting a marriage between Uesugi and Echigo Murakami in the starting position , so that AI Echigo doesn't immediately crush Uesugi , which allows Uesugi to resist a bit against Mogami and Date who usually take Miyagi quickly and both attack Fukushima . And/or perhaps doing the same between Kuroda and Ankokuji , so that Kuroda has a chance to survive as he's almost always at war with Hongo and Kobayakawa at the same time very quickly and usually unable to deal with Ankokuji invading Buzen and the pirates blocking its ports

Or maybe another solution , but i'd appreciate to see them last more often during campaign , if it's possible although it's really a minor concern
    I generally buff them up via extra units scripted at the game's start. I can do this for the pack 2 major factions .

For clans that are minors in the second pack, for example Ukita and Kuroda, they probably won't survive since their scripted armies are taken away to help emphasise the new major clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
    Just something I was wondering while playing today— would it be possible to change the name of Kyoto (the province) to Yamashiro?
    Easy change .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I wish you would make the clan bonuses visible when choosing which clan to play as. Also add a thing to the clan management tab that tells you the clans bonuses like it does in the base games.

I could be wrong but I don't think there are clan bonuses.

Indeed. No effect bundles. Just the glory of a name and, usually, an awesome kabuto .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    I generally buff them up via extra units scripted at the game's start. I can do this for the pack 2 major factions .
    For clans that are minors in the second pack, for example Ukita and Kuroda, they probably won't survive since their scripted armies are taken away to help emphasise the new major clans.
    Cool , excellent stuff , thanks for reply Anton

Ah yes , i didn't realize they were considered minors once you change pack , that explains what i experienced ok

A last thing i noticed last time is that the AI clans that are for instance Toyotomi aligned , will not destroy a Tokugawa loan room when they capture a province , they sometimes destroy buildings to build others , but for some reasons , not the loan rooms . It's not a big deal though , but it's like nanban quarters in vanilla , clans will not destroy it and will convert instead when it's one of their few regions

Are the tokugawa and toyotomi ai locked into their own religion? I was the Ukita, and I had stranded tokugawa to northern Honoshu asmy vassals, and I converted their province to complete toyotomi, yet they still clung to that chance that the tokugawa might rise again even though they were the last tokugawa supporter left.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Indeed. No effect bundles. Just the glory of a name and, usually, an awesome kabuto .

so clans don't have special units or upgraded units?

cause those types of things are also what i am talking about >.>

Patron of Erwin Rommel

What i'm saying is it should show/say what special units each clan has on the clan selection screen, also with a reminder in the clan management tab.
    Cause it greatly effects (for me anyways) how i play the clan. And i don't like tabbing out of the game every 5-10 turns to remind myself what units are special to my clan.

It would be a great "Quality of Life" upgrade for the mod in my opinion.

There needs to be an edit button >.>

also there is no information about the clans in faction pack 2 in that link (so i havn't even played it yet)

I've been thinking of re-writing the clan descriptions, especially for the first pack. I'll integrate a mention of each factions' units if they have any.

Despite a really good start with the information and guides index giving the more vital of information cleared up, I haven't put together a comprehensive guide because it's just too time consuming. Had I documented everything as I was doing it, the mod would not be as far along as it is now. Since we have some mild documentation and a helpful community, I'm continuing to commit the majority of my modding time to modding rather than documenting .

There is an edit post button, however it is unavailable to members with a very small post count (either 25 or 50; I can't remember).

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Do any of the faction pack 2 factions have special units?

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Ok after talking with Anton , i wanted to post a request for a new agent in the mason tree of buildings and i would to have your advices , opinions (good or bad idea , what better could we make etc ) , and ideas ( to improve the concept ) as it can only help doing something better , and it's easier for Anton to keep track of it than on steam chat

As we know , Geisha agents are now available with a Kyogen theatre , and thus this line of buildings becomes appealing now , one can buid some advanced theatres in every provinces and his economy will greatly benefit from it ( great growth ) , especially for clans who cannot have metsukes like Kuroda .So the last line of building , the least popular at the moment , is the mason building tree as it gives moderate bonuses and no agent , hence the idea of having a new agent and make the mason tree a useful strategy , adding complexity and fun to the game .

Ok a bit of historical background :

In most regions by the mid 16th century , most Daymio’s armies were essentially composed of ashigarus which came in many cases from villages that had tax exemptions in exchange for providing men for military service . However not all these men carried weapons and many of them were used according to the particular skills they had .

Among these non fighting troops , there were cooks , crasftmen and repair crews , people carrying provisions and supplies to feed the men and horses , scouting squads (“spies” ) , priests , miners , engineer squad (farmers who were proficient at buildings dykes , bridges , roads or improvised defences while the soldiers can be rested ) etc ..

When campaigning in enemy territory , the logistical aspect took a very important function as it was essential to maintain morale and mobility/initiative among thousands of men who for most of them were far away form their lands and were paid either with loot for some of them or in rice , more rarely in silver but these troops were difficult to maintain for long and thus there was a need for the Daymio to shorten the campaigns as much as possible and avoid an attrition war as the winter season was never used for war in Japan (customarily , although there were exceptions ) and usually a large part of the ashigaru had to go back for the harvest , so they usually had to act quickly (til the advent of generalizing the system of professional ashigarus in the early Edo period )

As a consequence in many wars between local clans , the most frequent strategy was to raid the enemy's region swiftly to burn crops , sabotage the infrastructure , terrorize the farmers and generally speaking , de-credibilize the enemy daymio in the eyes of his population and thus undermining his ability to rally and fund troops the next season and allowed the offender to open the way for negotiations in favourable position against a weakened foe . These tasks of spreading chaos in enemy territory were not only performed by fighting troops

However when all else failed and only war could decide the issue , a Daymio in campaign would have to lay siege , sometimes to many small castles in a row , sometimes siegeing just one castle , but this situation was uneasy for the invader because the cost of maintaining a siege was high , as you needed to link the supplies with your hometown and protect your supplies from raiders and enemies , also it was an issue to keep the morale of the troops besieging , so the option to starve them off was usually used by rich clans or when a particular hate and desire to crush them was displayed ( Nobunaga ‘s years of sieging Hongwanji’s fortress complex )

Hence why i can now make my transition to what Daymio valued a lot during this period during a campaign among his non fighting troops , and that is capable engineers and mining teams :

In many of the famous siege in Sengoku Jidai , competent crews of engineers and efficient mining team were highly prized , they could dig in record time tunnels and cut the water supply (siege of Tottori , Katsurayama etc ) , they could fill the moats and destroy the outer defences (miners of kai in the siege of Odawara , siege of Osaka etc ) quickly , they could build a small fort just in front of the besieging castle in record time , and erect walls all around the besieged castle ( Siege of Inabayama , Siege of Ise ) to prevent anyone inside the castle from fleeing (which was important as the more men inside the castle , the less food for each of them , and thus the shorter the siege ) , they could divert a river in no time to flood a castle ( Siege of Takamatsu ) , they could build roads quickly to link the various sieging armies (if the Daymio is sieging several forst at the same time which was quite frequent with the number of small border forts ) , they also served for saboting crops and bridges so that the enemy cannot reinforces and re-supply etc . These men (miners and engineers ) in peace time would help building infrastructure , farms and for the miners would just return to do their job .

Ok , so the general idea of mine was to make Shogun2TW Seki mod to have an agent that reflects this reality that such people were quite important for a campaigning daymio and to give every Chi tree of building an agent making it more appealing . Such agent would combine the engineer squad concept with the miners squad concept , so this agent would essentially be a master engineer and mining supervisor , and here is the problem since i don’t think the particular position ever existed in Sengoku Jidai , but since the game is a simplification , it ‘s the only way to represent these useful tool of war

So what would this agent do ?

My idea was to give him 2 main functions :

- When embedded in an army : this agent would boost replenishment of troops , movement points and at high level , it would have a bonus to shorten the sieges ( Anton told me he still needs to test
    this to check if its possible to implement ) that would stack with the trait “ Siege Expert “ for generals (6 stars trait ) , so that would be a mild bonus like -2 turns , or -3 turns of siege at best when 6 stars .

-When roaming : can sabotage farms , giving an alternative to ninja for sabotage like foreign agents in FOTS

- When in town : this agent would give a bonus to farm construction times and cost of all buildings , as well as a growth bonus at high level

-Against other agents : ability to bribe agents to your cause , but it should be balanced in a way that cost a lot of money at first but as the agents vets , it will costs less and will be more effective . So that metsukes will be able to execute , dairinin to convert (which is like execution ) ninja/geisha to kill , and this agent will allow to player to capture enemy agents , although i admit the connexion to miners and engineers here , is very very far , but what else can we give him as an ability against other agents ?

I also thought this agent should be expensive like a geisha

What would be his name ?

I have no idea yet , i’m open for suggestions on this too , thank you in advance
    I would think master engineer would be a good name , need to dig some reasonable translation and would appreciate some help here

Ok enough for now , i’m tired , but feel free to comment on this , add your ideas and/or propose alternatives if you have some , cheers
    Last edited by DeMolay; August 09, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

A low growth bonus like the geisha in FotS, slowly increasing with each level or just some with a higher level agent?

Ability to bribe agents to your cause. Is that outright, making them your agent or is it more like convalescing the enemy agent for a number of turns(turns determined by the level of the agent) or something else?

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    A low growth bonus like the geisha in FotS, slowly increasing with each level or just some with a higher level agent?

Ability to bribe agents to your cause. Is that outright, making them your agent or is it more like convalescing the enemy agent for a number of turns(turns determined by the level of the agent) or something else?
    Thanks for answer Wealthmonger

Yes i was thinking about the FOTS geisha trait of giving a growth bonus , exactly

But i thought giving him a light growth bonus initially to not make it overpowered , but unlock higher growth bonus only at high level , cause this agent also does other things like limiting farm cost and accelerating building construction times when in cities , perhaps a bonus to chi too would be good too ? i just thought of this now

By ability to bribe , i meant flatly capturing enemy agents , for instance if there is an enemy metsuke , you can get him to be your metsuke by using this agent for a price that would be very high at first (something like 2000+ koku for a level 1 enemy agent , and more when it is a veteran enemy agent , so that metsuke / dairinin /ninja /geishas still remain attractive for eliminating enemy agents since it's cheaper although you don't capture it )

But as your agent gain experience and stars , the cost to capture enemy agent will be reduced (like the ninja tree which gives reduced costs ) , i thought this ability would be nice as we don't have an agent in Seki to capture enemy agents yet like you can do in ROTS with Shirabyoshi
    Last edited by DeMolay; August 09, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Ok it seems i found the closest name in Japanese , this agent would be named : Gishichô or Gishichou which means " chief engineer"

If someone who speaks Japanese or has notions can confirm that this term is more appropriate than others , it would be kind , don't hesitate to give your opinion and criticisms , cheers

Hm it seems like a very versatile Agent and would finally encourage me to build the mason line.

Im just going to give my own thoughts about this.
    Since this agent is meant to represent a sort of expert engineers/logisticians/miners,
    They should be rather vulnerable in terms of combat and bribery so perhaps we can make them extremely easy to be assassinated or bribed over so one have to be careful where they place this agent and make sure they are adequately protected.
    Maybe we could have a talent tree for this agent that emphasis on personal protection, like the hiring of ronin to reduce chance of being assassinated/bribed over.

What do you think?

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarnight View Post
    Hm it seems like a very versatile Agent and would finally encourage me to build the mason line.

Im just going to give my own thoughts about this.
    Since this agent is meant to represent a sort of expert engineers/logisticians/miners,
    They should be rather vulnerable in terms of combat and bribery so perhaps we can make them extremely easy to be assassinated or bribed over so one have to be careful where they place this agent and make sure they are adequately protected.
    Maybe we could have a talent tree for this agent that emphasis on personal protection, like the hiring of ronin to reduce chance of being assassinated/bribed over.

What do you think?
    i think it is an excellent idea Stellarnight

It would help balance them compared to other agents , will create a sort of need to protect them with other agents , and would give more traits in the talent tree , also it is credible , thanks for posting Stellar , i think it's a nice idea !

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

would like to see holdings have some buildings to start with to be completely honest its boring slogging through 6-7 years of learning the tech tree, i mean come on this is 1591 not 1550 or w.e its been 40 years or so lol i dont know maybe after some 200 hours im tired of repeating the same boring mundane crap to play a campaign.
    Last edited by Crazyeyesreaper; August 12, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD