Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions and Feedback

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions and Feedback

"The Sekigahara Campaign" is a total conversion mod that seeks to represent the late Azuchi-Momoyama and, to a small extent, the early Edo periods.

If you have any suggestions for the betterment of The Sekigahara Campaign, please post them here. Do note there are two sub-projects in their planning stages - 'The Road to Sekigahara' and 'The Tokaido Campaign' - which may suit your suggestions better. Please consider which thread is most appropriate for your suggestion. In addition, the team welcomes your feedback, good or bad!

(Ukita appreciation is always welcome!)
    Last edited by Akaie; June 07, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - Suggestions

Okay so I'll start with the latest ideas given that are spread all over the forum for everyone to discuss here.

-The_Nord suggested the Date Masamune hatamoto. Professional elite ashigaru equiped with red long yari, yukinoshita-do cuirass and a gold laquered hat/helmet. (historical research center post #87)
    -"Tachi guard" and Sakakibara Yasumasu hero unit. (general discussion posts #591 and #592)
    -Tokugawa's "negoro-gumi" teppo unit. Warrior monks from Negoroji recruited as instructors for a professional teppo squad. (general discussion post#594)
    -Katagiri Katsumoto unit for the Toyotomi clan. (historical research center post#107)

There's two important generals I would like to see in the campaign. Todo Takatora (http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/ind...=Todo_Takatora) and Konishi Yukinaga (http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/ind...nishi_Yukinaga). The last one could be used as a special unit for the Ishida clan.

For the Kato clan there's Kiyomasa's three main retainers in charge of his hatamoto. (they wear a feather sashimono similar to Itakura Katsushige's and a unique color uniform)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by yoshisuke; February 09, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Maybe for the Kato hatamoto, maybe the kabuto with a tall feather would be a compromise for them to be unique since, well there are no feather sashimono.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

This is not a sashimono ?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

I know i've posted the idea on general discussion, but lets move it into this newly-created suggestion forums... besides, i want to know what other buildings anothers might suggest...

As "Area Of Recruitment" Units is Moddable, why not make "Unique Provincial Construction" Buildings? This way, We can add more immersion by inserting monumental establishments of Japan.
    e.g. in Edo, instead of ordinary Mizu Shobai, you could construct The Yoshiwara District. Dejima in Hizen instead of generic Nanban Quarters, also serves as technological gateway . Kunitomo Gunsmith Workshop in Omi for expertly made guns. Himeji Citadel with more bonuses as Toyotomi's power base. Yagyu Shinkage-Ryu Dojo, The Tokaido Highway, And so on... think of the possibilities...

Oh, do the "Philosophical Tradition" south of Kyoto actually Nara?

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by yoshisuke View Post

There's two important generals I would like to see in the campaign. Todo Takatora (http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/ind...=Todo_Takatora) and Konishi Yukinaga (http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/ind...nishi_Yukinaga). The last one could be used as a special unit for the Ishida clan.

Todo Takatora should be on the toyotomi side in my humble opinion, even though he did indeed join Ieyasu at sekigahara. The mod is still a "what if" scenario after all. Yukinaga should definitively be a special unit for the Ishida-clan.

This is not a sashimono ?

Damn. I forgot about that. I was fixated with that crescent, that shinto stick with paper hanging in it and the warfan sashimono (there are two, one was a tessen) and forgot about that!

Well it looks like a new unit is just begging to have its own feather duster sashimono. Excellent that you noticed this for the Kato.

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

You scared me Erwin, I thought the feathers were part of the kabuto..

@The_Nord, I'm not sure about Todo Takatora as a general, I'd like him to be one but it should be opened to debate. But since he was a genius in castle architecture maybe he could have a role in that.

@weirdoascensor didn't see your original post ! Unique local buildings is a great idea. And for local units maybe if the player destroys a major clan, he could be able to recruit one or two of the unique faction units in the capital of the former clan ? For example, if I play with the Sanada and destroy the Ii i could recruit one or two red devil unit. Or if I make them vassals, the unit they give to me in the process could be one of theirs and not a Sanada ashigaru. What do you think ?

Speaking of the Sanada, I did search a lot for a pic of Yukimura's real armor and I never found anything red with horns. And since the daimyo for the clan is Masayuki, maybe the color for the clan should be the Masayuki's ones. (black with yellow/gold lacing) And because, I guess, everyone wants the red Yukimura units, the colors for the clan unique ashigaru units could be red.
    Last edited by yoshisuke; February 09, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Oh I just meant that Todo Takatora should be a hero unit or something, not necessarily a general. It's all up to Anton anyways.

I meant a hero unit, sorry. Sure it's all up to Anton but the interest of this thread is to have the point of vue of everybody to shorten Anton work.

Edit : Since this maedate looks like the Kobayakawa mon, it could be used for the daimyo model.

Last edited by yoshisuke; February 09, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

And for a Ii clan hero unit I suggest Kimata Morikatsu. He led the red devils vanguard at Sekigahara and Osaka.

Just something I noticed, the legendary shogun helmet looks like Hidetsugu's helmet (albeit a bit smaller) as seen in Samurai Commanders 1577-1638, Osprey.

Since this maedate looks like the Kobayakawa mon, it could be used for the daimyo model.

OH MY ******* GOD!! I may have an idea.

Edit: Curses. I hate not being able to use a mesh editor.
    Last edited by Akaie; February 09, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Aw, what was your awesome idea about?

See the maedate on the helmet of the "legendary shogun" model? In the atlas texture sheets I see that CA made the 'insides' of the crest transparent. I was suspecting that the mesh was in fact a simple circle and that, if I made use of alpha channel transparency, I could make my own flat maedate's. Sadly, the mesh was not a simple circle .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Oh, that's a shame.

Okay so 2 things:
    1. Agent limit. I know I will personally mod the game files to allow for more than 4 of each type or whatever and more than one per province owned. If other people agree that you should be able to have a small faction that specializes in screwing with the other factions through sabotage/politics/agents, I'm happy to make those changes myself or point you toward my tutorial in the Tools & Resources forum.
    2. I know you're not using stuff from ROTS - would it be possible to make it so the metsuke can bribe a PROVINCE more easily/cheaply the higher its "allegiance" is with your faction? Like how politics works in ROTS, but without using that? I think due to hard-code limitations, it would have to be a separate agent from the propaganda monk.

You know, there's something I've been thinking of since the first version came out, namely the alliegances at the start of the campaigns in 1591. Right now, most of the clans are aligned to the clan they were aligned with in the year 1600. I find it strange that the Kato start out as Tokugawa loyalists in 1591, and it sort of defeats the purpose of having to persuade them to join you as the Tokugawa. The same goes for the other clans that are aligned one way or the other. In my opinion, clans should be aligned with the faction they were aligned to in 1591, not 1600. Yes, this will make it harder for the Tokugawa, but, it will make the campaign far more interesting as either faction, increase the value of your agents and make for a much more satisfying campaign whether you play as the Toyotomi, where you will have to keep clans alliegance's to you, or the Tokugawa where you will need to convert the clans.

My bad on that part. Its easier to base on the 1600s, I knew Kato would be a thorny issue coz when Hideyoshi is alive, Kato was a deep and true Toyotomi man but dead..........maaaaaaaybe not so much. But the mod has Hideyoshi alive and kicking......sooooooooo here is a nice link to distract you from my inadequacies...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sengoku...ry/5820588852/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nord View Post
    You know, there's something I've been thinking of since the first version came out, namely the alliegances at the start of the campaigns in 1591. Right now, most of the clans are aligned to the clan they were aligned with in the year 1600. I find it strange that the Kato start out as Tokugawa loyalists in 1591, and it sort of defeats the purpose of having to persuade them to join you as the Tokugawa. The same goes for the other clans that are aligned one way or the other. In my opinion, clans should be aligned with the faction they were aligned to in 1591, not 1600. Yes, this will make it harder for the Tokugawa, but, it will make the campaign far more interesting as either faction, increase the value of your agents and make for a much more satisfying campaign whether you play as the Toyotomi, where you will have to keep clans alliegance's to you, or the Tokugawa where you will need to convert the clans.
    Agreed, but there's two things at play here: while I think I know how to fix the aging issue with adding more turns per year, there's no way to make them (i.e. early spring, mid spring, etc) distinct (at least not without a UI converter or something). Then there's the issue that, if I do add more turns per year, the game most likely will not see into the Edo period.

It's a clash of concepts really. I developed the campaign knowing that it was basically 1591 and 1600 smashed together, because the 1591 starting point gave us a pretty decent basis for clan distribution and 1600 justified the revival of a civil war feel. It may not be all that appealing to some history buffs, but I used it knowing I was ultimately developing a game rather than a history lesson .
    Last edited by Akaie; February 12, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast