Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

Well really the way you have the provinces is fine, the problem is who controls what provinces. You have it so The visigoths aren't an independent nation until 455, you gave the Ostrogoths pretty much all of Illyria and pannonia, the suebes don't control enough of spain, and the frankls control too much of gaul. Not to mention North Africa which also needs some fixes.

I have can tell you or show through maps who controlled what over the timeframe of the 5th century but it will take me a while to compile it all. Most of it is "The Franks all the way up to Trier and Arras in 448" and then "Aetius pushes the franks back to cologne regaining all the lost territory" kind of a thing. The only changes that was really permanent was Suebic control of spain extended to pretty much everything but tarraconensis.

As for comparing provinces to moder borders, roman provinces were kind of funky-looking. It would be difficult to make them co-incide. I usually draw plots of land in relation to rivers, as rivers were excellent border markers in that era, especially in regard to the Rhine and Danube. Along with others like the Loire and the Po

bratignat's Avatar Foederatus

I would be grateful for some maps. As for the Franks - not everything in it is historical, for example smaller Franks won't be able to rule over the Western Europe.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sure, I'll get to it right away. The trick for a Frankish nation or Visigothic Nation would be to start in a good year for them, e.g. 432 for the Franks whent hey conquered all the way up to Trier and Cambrai, or like 439 for the Vandals when they controled Numidia, Sitifis, Proconsularis, and Byzacena, or 446 for the Suebes when they conquered most of Spain.

Download Phoenix (9.2.2013) (You need to be registered and logged in the site):

General Information

Phoenix mod is based on Steppe Wolf mod, but unlike its predecessor, Phoenix mod, won't crash on loadingscreen (if you play Phoenix over original Europa Universalis III: Divine Winds v. 5.1 from 22 July 2011 and not in Steam). The mod is also compatible with Spritepacks for EU3.

The only way to found out your limits is to cross the boundaries of your own mind! Who said Rome can't wait until the Age of Renaissance or that China should be dominated by Manchu instead of Khan Dynasty?! Phoenix game would gave you the power of ruler, challenged with the survival of his (her) state, internal and political problems.

Phoenix time scope is 11 AD - 2010 AD, with beautiful and rich map composed by 3283 provinces. If you are sick from wastelands, lack of small and unpopular states or the short timeline of Europa Universalis III this mod will grab your attention.

The main aim of the game remains unchanged, but spiced up - you have to guide your state in the cruel political realm, managing to hold on it as long as possible. Some players goes further craving to seize the Golden Constantinople, holding firmly the trade between Europe and Asia, occupy the Holy town of Jerusalem or restoring ancient empires such as Rome and Alexander the Great - Macedonia (thought for history accuracy ancient Macedonians in the game are from Illiric culture, not Greek).

Some of the players with touch for diplomacy would prefer to govern over the small trade republic such as Genoa, Pisa, Ragusa, Theodoro or Venice, interfering with the world conflicts with heavy sacks of gold instead of iron blades.

In this master mod the politic would be part of existence of your state, whether you like it or not you would be involved in dynastic struggles, dynastic marriages, alliances or spy games.

For the experienced strategy players, this master mod is so desired mix between Age of Empires II, Medieval: Total War and Civilization III.

The technology levels are completely reworked - now they are fewer and made in a way that they are compatible with Spritepacks for EU3.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Contributors:
    - Bnick - dynasty history;
    - Toso - some tests;
    - Donko Dimov - historical maps;
    - Tervel Chichkov - dynasty history;
    - Petar Galev - dynasty history;
    - Dadakošlu - ottoman history;
    - GrossMurpel - events, tests;
    - Scocou - tests;
    - Theoden - main tester;
    - Michael - some decisions;
    - Jukov - some events;
    - ChippoTheHippo - USA leader names and Laredo province;
    - 17Blue17 - bug reporter and fixer;
    - fink1308 - 173 province history and several modifiers, fixed bug in Ilkhanate history;
    - eatssteak3 - localisations;
    - Samip15 - alternative version of the mod;
    - 云之遥 - chinese flags, events and countries for China (11AD-1270AD);
    - fano - bug discoveries;
    - brunex - bug discoveries;
    - Bruno Bernardo - fixes for the new buildings;
    - Kristal - tester;
    - Skip - tester;
    - Bratignat - main idea, tests, coding, drawing.
    Last edited by bratignat; February 18, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Looks great man, hopefully this won't crash 5 minutes in like the other version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Looks great man, hopefully this won't crash 5 minutes in like the other version.
    Did you tried it?

I have it dl, haven't played it yet though. Any thing you want me to look at?

For crashes

K I should have some time to play a few hours tomorrow.

I am currently playing EU3 5.2 with Steppe Wolf 1.13

What is the main difference between SW1.13 and the Pheonix mod? Forgive my ignorance but is it worth changing? Also I assume I would have to start again?

Thanks

Can't wait to try. The crashes in the previous versions have almost driven me insane. Reporting back as soon as I got anything

How long is the usual wait time until they send you an activation email for the website? I still didn't got nothing and I registered last night.
    Last edited by Kel'Thuzad; February 20, 2013 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laphtiya View Post
    I am currently playing EU3 5.2 with Steppe Wolf 1.13

What is the main difference between SW1.13 and the Pheonix mod? Forgive my ignorance but is it worth changing? Also I assume I would have to start again?

Thanks
    The main difference is the lack of CTD on loading the game. Until now (more then 800 downloads of the mod) there is no single report about CTD due to the game. However The Phoenix is available only for DW 5.1. There are also some additional decisions and events.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad View Post
    Can't wait to try. The crashes in the previous versions have almost driven me insane. Reporting back as soon as I got anything

How long is the usual wait time until they send you an activation email for the website? I still didn't got nothing and I registered last night.
    I you should get the confirmation email in the limits of 24 hours. What is your user name there?

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Hey bratignat,
    I have downloaded the Coin, the Sabre and the Pigeon (or whatever) version. I have the patch 5.2 (ZZFZ or sth like that) installed through Steam. I have put the mod inside the Steam directory (EU3/mod), but when I start it (through launcher, not Steam), it crashes before getting to the loading screen. Is the mod even playable through Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by bratignat View Post
    I you should get the confirmation email in the limits of 24 hours. What is your user name there?
    I have two already,since I didn't get confirmation for the first one I made another,one is drmetus and the other is metus (or djmetus, not sure)

Before you even ask,yes I checked the spam folder,nothing there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad View Post
    I have two already,since I didn't get confirmation for the first one I made another,one is drmetus and the other is metus (or djmetus, not sure)

Before you even ask,yes I checked the spam folder,nothing there either.
    djmetus and metus are activated. Please try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    Hey bratignat,
    I have downloaded the Coin, the Sabre and the Pigeon (or whatever) version. I have the patch 5.2 (ZZFZ or sth like that) installed through Steam. I have put the mod inside the Steam directory (EU3/mod), but when I start it (through launcher, not Steam), it crashes before getting to the loading screen. Is the mod even playable through Steam?
    Personally I don't use Steam. However I have read many reports by people which are using Steam, with crash reporst. As far as i know The steam could change your games, maybe it changes vital file for the mod. But this is just suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by bratignat View Post
    djmetus and metus are activated. Please try them.
    It's working,thanks man

Too bad I can't download it :/
    Last edited by Kel'Thuzad; February 24, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

sickpeople's Avatar Semisalis

hey, can you activate me too? nick is sickpeople - same as here.
    (and yes, i checked spam folder too - been waiting for 2 days now)

Idiots, Idiots never change.

Quote Originally Posted by sickpeople View Post
    hey, can you activate me too? nick is sickpeople - same as here.
    (and yes, i checked spam folder too - been waiting for 2 days now)
    Sadly you won't be able to download it anyway,you need to reach a certain level (280 posts) or wait until they make a new mod so this one becomes accessible to the general public.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast