Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

bratignat's Avatar Foederatus

Icon1 Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

If you have Europe Universalis III: Divine Winds 5.2 from 6 August 2012 please try this:
    Steppe Wolf: The Coin, The Sabre & the Pigeon version 1.13 Beta (Test version, working only under English language)

Older versions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Important notice:
    This mod is compatible only with English language mode. Other language version under which you play EU III might not run.

Main changes since previous version:
    Steppe Wolf: The Coin, The Sabre & The Pigeon is master mod for one of most popular strategy games - Europa Universalis III. It is not just the first mod ever released for Divine Wind patch, but successor project of previous 10 mods released by Vitosha Pictures Studio.

Changes since The Coin, The Sabre & The Pigeon 1.12:
    In the Steppe Wolf: The Coin, The Sabre & The Pigeon (CSP) mod version 1.13 beta you will found several fixes such as CTD's because of natives rising in modern African countries, events written in new way, so that new historical countries would be allowed to appears. Also missions related to constructions of new buildings and decisions are changed in more playable way. There are some visible changes such as fixing old flags.If you encounter critical issue with the new versions please let me know in this thread or in Steppe Wolf Technical support thread. Please, notice that, I'm not so available last days, so I might need up to several days to reply.

General information:

Steppe Wolf is master mod for one of most popular strategy games - Europa Universalis III. It is not just the first mod ever released for Divine Wind patch, but successor project of previous 9 mods released by Vitosha Pictures Studio.

Steppe Wolf extends the time frame from 11 AD until 2010 AD, which is about 6 times more then the vanilla game. The map of the mod is also changed - converting for the first time ever, the Victoria II map for the use of Europa Universalis III. The new map has almost 2 times more provinces since the vanilla, and it is changed in a historical way (from Bulgarian point of view), showing the change of borders and wars between Bulgarian state and Byzantine Empire for over of 7 Hundred years.

The main aim of the game remains unchanged, but spiced up - you have to guide your state in the cruel political realm, managing to hold on it as long as possible. Some players goes further craving to seize the Golden Constantinople, holding firmly the trade between Europe and Asia, occupy the Holy town of Jerusalem or restoring ancient empires such as Roman and Alexander the Great - Macedonia (thought for history accuracy ancient Macedonians in the game are from Illiric culture, not Greek).

Some of the players with touch for diplomacy would prefer to govern over the small trade republic such as Genoa, Pisa or Venice, interfering with the world conflicts with heavy sacks of gold.

In this master mod the politic would be part of existence of your state, whether you like it or not you would be involved in dynastic struggles, dynastic marriages, alliances or spy games.

For the experienced strategy players, this master mod is so desired mix between Age of Empires II, Mediveal: Total War and Civilization III.

Installation:
    Extract the files in the mod directory of your Europa Universalis III game. You need at least
    Divine Winds patch Beta of 5.1 - 22th July 2011 otherwise the mod may not work - for Vsemirna Vlast 2 mod, and Divine Winds patch Beta of 5.2 - 19th April 2012 for Steppe Wolf:CSP.
    Before you start the mod it is recommended to delete the map cache of your EU III game (located in the EUIII\map\cache). It is highly recommended to turn off pop-up function for newly explored provinces.

For questions about the mod, please visit our forum:

or here:

Interface changes:
    As the mod creators are mainly from Bulgaria we change a little the interface. The biggest change is the strategic view of the map, which is in fact get from Europa Universalis mini mod which name I can't recall (if someone recognize it please let us know). As well the flag frame is imported from Septentrionalis Universalis. Other changes are the infamity icon (Bulgarian flag), the merchant icon (which look like typical medieval Balkan trader) and the missionary icon which is in orthodox style.

Economic changes:

Issue of government securities and foreign trade debt

When country is in a long and exhausting war military maintenance is vital for the victory. However due to trade embargoes and war exhaustion rulers are often unable to pay their soldiers. On the other hand loans means that you get in the spiral of economy crisis. Other option is minting, but then the inflation will hit you.

As we know from the history often, while in war the rulers issue, so called government, which are way to finance your deficit. Off course behind this opportunities they are negative consequences:
    - Global tax increase with 5 %;
    - Prestige decrease with 1 monthly;
    - Stability cost increase with 1 %.

The second way is when the rulers decrease the amount of gold in the coins they issue. However soon or later the population found out about this and this leads to:
    - 600 gold in the treasury ;
    - Stability drop with 1 level;
    - Prestige decrease with 1 monthly;
    - Increase revolt risk with 1.

Other resources which we used:

As the Steppe Wolf is the night sequel of our mods there are many elements from previous mods as:
    - Rising Nations 7;
    - Renaissance 3;
    - The Whole World Mod;
    - Septentrionalis Universalis - Shileds and wood icon;
    - EU Factions Mod;
    - Intelligent Wars Module;
    - and many minor changes which we saw as ideas around the net.

Known bugs:

- Massive lag in trade map mode.

Credits:

- Bnick - dynasty history;
    - Toso - some tests;
    - Donko Dimov - historical maps;
    - Tervel Chichkov - dynasty history;
    - Petar Galev - dynasty history;
    - Dadakoğlu - ottoman history;
    - GrossMurpel - events, tests;
    - Scocou - tests;
    - Theoden - Main tester;
    - Michael - some decisions;
    - Jukov - some events;
    - ChippoTheHippo - USA leader names and Laredo province;
    - 17Blue17 - Bug reporter and fixer;
    - fink1308 - 173 province history and several modifiers, fixed bug in Ilkhanate history;
    - eatssteak3 - localisations;
    - Samip15- alternative version of the mod;
    - Dr Quin/bratignat - the mod.

Used tools:

- Save game and scenario editor/viewer;
    - Position editor

Pictures from the game:

Click on the image to see it large

Last edited by bratignat; August 29, 2012 at 03:15 AM.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Steppe Wolf mod (EU III master mod)

Where is the download link?

Steppe Wolf 1.11 in Game Front

Steppe Wolf 1.11 in Media Fire

[Don't have permission to edit my posts]

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks.I am trying it now.

I am awed by the factions and large history of this mod.

One small mistake i found.Province of salima in africa seems to be begin with ottomans in 11 ad and stays that way long until the ottomans actually capture it.
    Last edited by cenkiss; February 09, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

It's just worth saying that because this mod is so huge. It runs fairly slow on even very good computers

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Thanks.I am trying it now.

I am awed by the factions and large history of this mod.

One small mistake i found.Province of salima in africa seems to be begin with ottomans in 11 ad and stays that way long until the ottomans actually capture it.

Thanks for the words! As for Salima, please check about province 2564 in folder history/provinces of your mod directory. Turks should appear from 19 century there.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    It's just worth saying that because this mod is so huge. It runs fairly slow on even very good computers
    True, I'm playing it with combination of graphics with lower resolution, which helps a bit.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by bratignat View Post
    True, I'm playing it with combination of graphics with lower resolution, which helps a bit.
    It's very annoying because this mod is absolutely epic. I love it, I just don't have the patients for it

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

i don't know if you changed it from older versions, but bosnia should have some sunni provinces from sometime during the ottoman reign till game end, or has that changed?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Some problems I noticed are that in the 2010 Bookmark the HRE is still active with Hungary as the Emperor. Greece and Ireland are quite rich.

Thread Moved from General Paradox to Europa Universalis
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    i don't know if you changed it from older versions, but bosnia should have some sunni provinces from sometime during the ottoman reign till game end, or has that changed?
    This one is fixed

downloaded the one on the paradox forum (v 1.11) and here are a few issue i found:
    1)ireland should own donegal after independence
    2)lithuania should be catholic, not orthodox. (province wise)
    3)the province of nablus should have muslim religion (it is after all the west bank)
    4)north cyprus should be muslim (province wise)
    5)there seem to be early catholics in lyon, leghorn and lucca in 2010
    6)the area of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan seems to have tengrism in 2010
    7)the religion in bosnia seems to be fully catholic, now i know you said you fixed it so i assume its for next version, but it should have more orthodox then catholic, and the majority muslim
    8) the vatican is free religion?
    9)Aton in greece in 2010? what is that?
    10)kievan rus culture in bialistock
    11)south Slavs in the Hungarian culture group?
    12)south Korea should have a protestant majority
    13) Singapore should have Buddhism not islam
    14)cyprus should have cores on north cyprus
    15)melila should be owned by spain

im willing to make these changes myself if you want, unless some of them are on purpose?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Really its a great mod, just very unpolised. Like in most of the Bookmarks the Armys and stuff are absent.

First of all I want to say that this is a great looking mod and cudos to all the people involved in creating it. I downloaded this last night and have been playing all morning, but I've run into a bit of a problem.

I was going to post this on the bug thread, but it doesn't load correctly when I click the link so I'll just post it here. I'm doing a Rome campaign in the 460's/470's right now and naval battles seem to be glitched. My fleet of 86 ships has been tied down in an endless battle with 6 vandal ships that can't seem to hurt each other for over a year now. I have armies in Italy that I'm trying to send over to Africa, but I can't as all my ships are stuck in this glitch. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Yeah naval battle never end in this mod

Oh well. I'm playing a much later campaign in the 1200's now with Nicea and the naval battles are still long, but they don't last for years either so it's no big deal. Having tons of fun with it all around!

Laetus

hey guys.... after i download and put the files in the mod folder, i try to open the game with the mod but when it loading history file, it stops and it says that it cant open the 532 - Luneburg_SW file.... can anyone tell me what im doing wrong...i tried to redownload the mod but the problem remains . plz talk to me as soon as possible...i want to play the game with this mod!!!!!

Laetus

sr about my english!!!!

Go into the mod folder -> history -> provinces -> search for said province. if it has any non english letters change to english (them letters with lines and dots above them etc).
    Otherwise no idea

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast