Thread: Decrepit Home of Kenneth McTavish

Default Decrepit Home of Kenneth McTavish

Home of Kenneth McTavish

This is the residence/workplace of Kenneth McTavish. Around the shack are signs written in a crude manner in both Scottish Gaelic and English saying: "Willing to teach how to read and write for food". How ironic, a sign that offers the chance to read and write, but how can someone read the sign if they don't know how to?

Spoiler for Biography of Kenneth McTavish

Born into a Serf Family in the highland of Scotland, Kenneth experienced the generic experience for children of serfs. However, there was one anomaly in his life, his parents knew how to read and write. This was obviously a rare trait within the serf society. He didn't learn English, instead, he learned Gaelic. Kenneth had very few friends, this was due to his speech disorder; stuttering. Fortunately for Kenneth, the agreement between his parents and the Lord of the land did not carry over to him. He was not restricted to the modified slavery his parents was. Despite being a social outcast, he managed to become a local guard(at age 17). Two years later, he became the Watch Commander. His pay was meager for his line of work. Having a small amount of money, Kenneth foolishly gambled away his pay in the local inns, thinking he can double his earnings just by playing a simple game. He lost every time he played, it was as if God himself didn't want Kenneth to succeed.

Typically, Kenneth was in debt to a lot of loaners and he couldn't pay it back. Frustrated by Kenneth's incompetence, one of the loaners sent out a band of mercenaries to force Kenneth to give the loaner it's money or his life. A barmaid in one of the inns Kenneth used to frequent before he was knee deep in debt informed the guard of what is to happen to him. Of course Kenneth could get his fellow peers and arrest the men, but the loaner was persistent and he would continue to send his hired thugs after him. Kenneth decided to flee Scotland and sought refuge in Ireland. There he learned English from a native Scottish priest who was on a pilgrimage at the time. Kenneth decided to stay close with the Priest, knowing that no one would dare incite the Priest to protect his friend by bringing down the "wrath of God".

A few years passed and the Priest and Kenneth journeyed towards England. The Priest heard of a woman in London who supposedly saw the ghost of the Virgin Mary. Once they arrived in London, Kenneth was struck with awe over the English culture. After his friend was done dealing with the woman who had the vision, Kenneth informed him over his staying. Kenneth believed he could do well in England, plus, the loaner had no authority over there. After saying goodbye, the two parted ways, the Priest journeyed to the Diocese of Scotland and became a Bishop and Kenneth found a nearby abandoned shack in and made his living by teaching English and Gaelic.

Default Re: Decrepit Home of Kenneth McTavish

Night Time

Kenneth sighed as he approached his home, the sight of the shack being half open and the rest rotting away had turn his joyous, bright day into a bleak one. He walked through the hole protruding out of the shack and untied his gold pouch from his waist. Throwing the pouch to the side, Kenneth grabbed a few small logs of firewood from the floor and threw them into the rock pit. He squatted down and grabbed two small rocks that was outside of the pit. Striking them against each other, the rocks created sparks which eventually made the logs catch on fire. He blew at the flame, trying to make it grow larger in a faster rate of time. "God, why mu-must you forsa-forsake me with su-such a style of living?"
    Last edited by Dredd; February 07, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Enzio, fearing that the abandoned house may be harboring bandits rides up to the abandoned house carefully. At about a distance of 50 meters he calls out.

"Whoever is in that house, we have you surrounded...come out slowly with your hands up and you will not be harmed."
    GSTK: Nick LuciA
    Current standing:

Kenneth sighed and slowly said to himself, "What the he-heeee- what did I do th- this time?" He slowly got up, walking by the corner of the hole, still unseen, Kenneth grabs a a sheath containing a broadsword. Assuming bandits have come to plunder his shack, he quickly walked out of his home, removing his blade in the process. "Who b-be ye?!"

"It is, I, Lord Wight, Lord Admiral of His Majesties Royal Navy, Baron of the Isle of Wight. Who are you? Noticing the broadsword in his hand he draws up his own sword, loosening it in his scabbard and preparing for the coming fight.
    Current standing:

Hearing the name of a member of the nobility, Kenneth immediately dropped to his right knee, and he slammed the tip of the blade onto the ground while keeping his hand on the hilt. "I a-am Kenn-Kenneth McTavish of Scotland, apologies for the blade but I did not know who it was!' Although he apologized for having his blade out, he continued to keep his grip onto the blade.

"Stand down men" Lord Wight could see that the man meant no real harm, as such he also relaxed the grip on his sword. Enzio studied the man's features, he looked like a capable warrior and capable warrior's were in high demand at the moment...

"Tell me, Kenneth, have you sworn fealty to a Earl, Baron, or the King as of now?"
    Current standing:

"Aye, but my oath ha- has expired. I was to serv- serve the Du- King during the Batt-Battle of Hastings, afte- that I was fre- free from my contract." Kenneth made sure to keep his head down as a sign of respect, although, people can foolishly mistake this for a insult.

"Then I propose this, join me in the battles about to be waged in the North, if you serve me and prove yourself a capable warrior then I will grant you knighthood, as well as an estate on the Isle of Wight."
    Current standing:

Kenneth slowly rised from his current position, and said, "Is th-this proposition tr-true? Not anoth-another prank by th-the DeWynter Br-Brothers?"

"Who in god's name are the DeWynter Brothers, this proposition is as true as you and I here." Smiling from ear to ear at the man before him, Lord Wight gave a slight nod of approval.
    Current standing:

"Jus-just a few pran-pranksters." Kenneth slowly walked to the dark outline he thought was the central figure of the group. After closing enough distance, he looked up towards the central outline. His senses were correct and the outline was Enzio, Kenneth knelt once more and said, "I am at your service."

Rise then, no longer as a freedman, but as commander of my Levy from the Isles of Wight. You pay will be 500 crowns now, as well as an extra 250 crowns at the end of each week. do you find these terms acceptable?

OOC: Until the land data is I cant tell you how many men are in the levy. But when we found out they will be under your command atleast until the current war is over.
    Current standing:

Kenneth nodded, and rose.

OOC: Got it.
    Last edited by Dredd; February 07, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

"Then join the army here when you are ready. Reaching into his pouch of money, Lord Wight counted out 500 crowns and handed them to Kenneth "Serve me well Kenneth and there will be plenty more where that came from.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post11006467
    Current standing: