Thread: Helios Writing Comptetion Winner Announced!

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

Default Helios Writing Comptetion Winner Announced!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to announce the winner of May writing contest. Americ and I have reached the same conclusion, and the winner is Keresztes! The runner-up, selected by the poll, is Rez!
    So congratulations to Rez and Keresztes, you shall both be mentioned in the next Helios, with Keresztes' post featured in the issue itself.
    A big thank you to all who participated in the contest, and to Americ who had to read the worst pieces of writing ever since Dan Brown ( :wink: ).
    The next contest should open next week or so. NOw, I must get on with my submission for the Helios!
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Default Re: Helios Writing Comptetion Winner Announced!

So, the poll is only for the runner up?

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

Look at the Main thread for the voting rules.
    The two judges and the poll each have a vote. If a judge and the poll had the same verdict, their choice would win. If the two judges reach to the same conclusion, then their choice is the winner. If there is a split vote, the poll's choice wins.
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Keresztes's Avatar Civis

Whoa... Didn't see that coming...

I'd think of something witty to type, but it's around 2:00 AM and my eyelids are almost crusted shut. Congrats to Rez for his great story, and a nod to the others for their worthy contributions.

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Next issue will see you guys featured

Good work.
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Congratulations Keresztes, i was worried you might steal the show with your story!

thanks for the votes guys