Thread: MY Review 1/10

Default MY Review 1/10

NTW is pathetic work. Pure crap. Save your money! Lot's of bugs and there is no effective support.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MY Review 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades429 View Post
    NTW is pathetic work. Pure crap. Save your money! Lot's of bugs and there is no effective support.
    now...is this based on your complaint concerning artillery????or is there something else going on here as well.please provide a deeper insight into your review so as to lend some substance that potential buyers might look for

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

That does not qualify as a review. At the moment, I would describe it as a lazy rant, probably caused by an isolated problem you had with the game, as stated above. So please edit that post and actually write a review, or go and complain to CA because frankly, that type of ranting had its time shortly after the game was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    now...is this based on your complaint concerning artillery????or is there something else going on here as well.please provide a deeper insight into your review so as to lend some substance that potential buyers might look for
    Every time I exit out of a multiplayer hosted game, the game lags up and I have to restart. Most of the time I start up, it stalls at the copyright screen.

It is a **** game. I sincerely advise everyone against buying it. You'll regret it. Especially since customer support is total crap.

To anyone reading this thread, don't just take my word on it. Look around this forum! Even gamespy thinks CA does crappy work! http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/napoleon-to...1075020p1.html

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Same goes for ETW, and probably STW2.

CA makes pathetic games, really really pathetic games. Your only hope is mods most of the time, but if you like multiplayer like me, your out of luck really.!

I know this is a really old thread, but:

If you want to play a quick multiplayer blast, then go play Call of Duty. Total War is about long drawn out battles that have at least a semblance of reality, or at least that's what it should be about.

Incidentally, I think Napoleon is a cracking game - the battles are especially thrilling.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Rebelyell's Avatar Biarchus

Well, since it's already been revived, I guess I'll throw in my two cents.
    Everything CA has made has been glitchy, especially at release. That being said, the campaign is the selling point, not the mulitplayer. I've played most of the Total War games and have enjoyed all of them. Some better then others obviously, but I haven't gotten anywhere near to writing a rant and labling a game 1/10 that, regardless of its quality, does have effort put into it.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence