Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Knight's KGCM Submod (Timurids Added)

Default Re: Jedi Knight's KGCM Submod+Timurids Submod (Updated)

Hello is anybody here?

Hi, Jedi Knight, first I'd like to thank you for this wonderful addition to KGCM, making it all the better. I have encountered some problems with your sub-mod. Whenever I try to enter a battle, I am able to deploy my units, but the second I click on "Start Battle" the game crashes. Just to clear things up, I have KGCM 3.0 with the 4.2 patch and the 4.3 patch along with this sub-mod and it's fix (I have export_descr_advice and export_descr_advice_enums deleted.) Please help because I really want these fresh new units.

Do you attack a settlement with only siege weapon like catapult and stuffs? I encounter the same problem here

It happens whenever I try to "Start Battle"...... period.
    Edit: In campaign mode, it crashes before even the deployment screen loads.
    Here's my system.log contents:
    12:24:25.278 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:24:25.279 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    12:24:25.286 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:24:25.287 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:24:25.289 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:24:25.291 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:24:25.292 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:24:25.292 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:24:29.942 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, port[0](port) -> castle_port[0](c_port)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    12:24:29.943 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_mines[0](mines) -> hinterland_castle_mines[0](c_mines)
    12:25:56.310 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 107, column 34
    resource fish positioned on 172,331 which is an invalid tile.

12:59:58.315 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <create_unit>, at line 1423, in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Unit type <Ghulam Heavy Inf> not recognized

13:18:22.244 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Pokelover22; May 05, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

They seem to be the same.... Please respond soon Jedi.

17:16:57.092 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:16:57.093 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:16:57.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:16:57.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:16:57.256 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:16:57.316 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:16:57.361 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:16:57.372 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, port[0](port) -> castle_port[0](c_port)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_mines[0](mines) -> hinterland_castle_mines[0](c_mines)
    17:17:41.038 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 107, column 34

17:20:13.582 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Sr I dont know how to edit my last post[/QUOTE]

Great work here Jedi knight!

I was able to use the units , in a basic way - run through an m2tw mod by replacing it's Data folder. Check them out in custom battles , but generally it just means that the game has become Vanilla plus your units.

but having trouble to add the units to the mod manually. I'm somewhat familiar with editing edu, edb, ui cards, text file, models.db. etc.

The best I've come ends up being no crashes etc, but the units don't display on the field. They're like invisible units -- highlight them and see the green rings underneath but no soldiers.

Is there something small I am forgetting like... do I have to change some kinda numbers on the top / bottom of the modelsdb (thats the one I figure accounts for almost all unit related trouble)

Quick question i noticed all the knightly orders get armor upgrades except the knights of Santiago. im just going by the pictures here anyone who has played as Spain or Portugal know if they get armor upgrades to the dismounted knights? or is it an oversight that there is just no picture of the upgrade.

Will you ever add more units Or events (barons alliance)

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

I would like to try this but I can't download it from listed sites. I get an error that closes the window. Any chance of a new place to download? The previews look great, keep up the great work JK!

VB

Hello?

Jedi Knight's Avatar Civis

Sorry guys, i was too busy. I had lots of exams and i was writing a tesis. They are all done now and i'm free. I added new units to my submod as templar and hospitaller guards and azab archers. I tested this submod and there was no crash. If the crash happens in your game, let me know. This time i'll try to help you. New download links are in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    The best I've come ends up being no crashes etc, but the units don't display on the field. They're like invisible units -- highlight them and see the green rings underneath but no soldiers.
    Is there something small I am forgetting like... do I have to change some kinda numbers on the top / bottom of the modelsdb (thats the one I figure accounts for almost all unit related trouble)
    I'm sure you solved this problem, but i want to tell the solution is increasing the number at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by mageem06 View Post
    Quick question i noticed all the knightly orders get armor upgrades except the knights of Santiago. im just going by the pictures here anyone who has played as Spain or Portugal know if they get armor upgrades to the dismounted knights? or is it an oversight that there is just no picture of the upgrade.
    My mistake i forgot to add the armour upgrade of foot santiago foot knights. Now you can see it in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots blade View Post
    Will you ever add more units Or events (barons alliance)
    As i said before, i will update this submod. First i want to make AOR version after that maybe i will add a new faction most likely Abbasids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Bear View Post
    I would like to try this but I can't download it from listed sites. I get an error that closes the window. Any chance of a new place to download? The previews look great, keep up the great work JK!

VB
    Thanks VB. I added an alternative dowload link i hope i works for you. If you can't download again, please tell me i will upload somewhere else and i want to thank you again because you helped me a lot with the scripts.

When I upgrade to a Citadel I'm only getting a couple units available to recruit. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackamusJones View Post
    When I upgrade to a Citadel I'm only getting a couple units available to recruit. Is this normal?
    It's not normal which faction are you playing with?

I have some problems with the names and explanation of some units. the light turkish swordsmen and heavy one and also a cavalry type one shows in their names only "unlocalised placement text" do you know how to fix it? since i only know how to mod rtw

edit: looks like the ghulam units wich have a problem for the turks. I could change it myself because it's not that different from rtw. but there's my problem. I don't know what there names are in the EDU file. though the names wich are statet in the export_units file are the right one but not in the EDU. If you please could give me the names in the EDU file then i can fix it and perhaps put it here on the thread for those who have the same problem.

edit2: description file in text for ghulam heavy infantry was missing so i gave it the same (with small alterations) text as normal ghulams. Also the name for the ghulam lancer was royal ghulam lancer not heavy, this has also be fixed. no need for help anymore.

If you want i can upload it here so that others with the same problem can have it to
    Last edited by tianzong; August 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    I have some problems with the names and explanation of some units. the light turkish swordsmen and heavy one and also a cavalry type one shows in their names only "unlocalised placement text" do you know how to fix it? since i only know how to mod rtw

edit: looks like the ghulam units wich have a problem for the turks. I could change it myself because it's not that different from rtw. but there's my problem. I don't know what there names are in the EDU file. though the names wich are statet in the export_units file are the right one but not in the EDU. If you please could give me the names in the EDU file then i can fix it and perhaps put it here on the thread for those who have the same problem.

edit2: description file in text for ghulam heavy infantry was missing so i gave it the same (with small alterations) text as normal ghulams. Also the name for the ghulam lancer was royal ghulam lancer not heavy, this has also be fixed. so need fo help anymore.

If you want i can upload it here so that others with the same problem can have it to
    Yes you are right. I copied the wrong export_units file it's from my other mod work. Download the new one it'll fix this issue.
    I'm planning to update this submod. I have finished the armour upgrades of KOJ and POA units. I don't like the english and french ones. Now i'm making new textures i'll upload it in a few weeks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey thanks! i saw some more problems with lithuanians and i didn't like to do it all by hand because it is so time consuming. again thanks!

it's great you're also doing this for england and france too.
    good luck and have a rep+ for your work

edit: Found something you would like!
    Retexture for englisch troops:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90014 (a bit old though but it looks ok)

That's all for now
    Last edited by tianzong; August 27, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    Hey thanks! i saw some more problems with lithuanians and i didn't like to do it all by hand because it is so time consuming. again thanks!

it's great you're also doing this for england and france too.
    good luck and have a rep+ for your work

edit: Found something you would like!
    Retexture for englisch troops:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90014 (a bit old though but it looks ok)

That's all for now
    Thanks tianzong. I looked at it it's very good but i want to make myself.

Originally Posted by hbk_123
    17:16:57.092 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:16:57.093 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:16:57.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:16:57.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:16:57.256 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:16:57.316 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:16:57.361 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:16:57.372 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, port[0](port) -> castle_port[0](c_port)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    17:17:09.637 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_mines[0](mines) -> hinterland_castle_mines[0](c_mines)
    17:17:41.038 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 107, column 34

17:20:13.582 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    guys i'm new here and new at modding files... well i have just fix this error above by adding the following line "aztecs, mesoamerican" without quote to the buildings involved in the error in EDB. and delete resource fish positioned on 172,331 in descr_strat.txt...

and why do i have this error "17:20:13.582 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." when i click "ask advisor for recommendation on which to construct next icon"???

hi again... i have read somewhere in this forum maybe the problem lies with the unit models... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81503... i really don't know this yet as i'm still new with this modding business...

btw the error lies when starting battles during sieges and when clicking the advisor icon, i hope this problem will be fix soon... but all in all this is a great mod... Great job jedi and more power!!!....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast