Thread: Problem with FATW mod...

Foederatus
    Why are you asking me all these questions?

Default Problem with FATW mod...

So I downloaded and installed last night. When I was done, it said the game may not have installed correctly and to try it again but I was tired and decided to do it the next morning. Well I forgot about that and just decided to check out the game and it's not working. When I click it, a small box appears then it goes away before I can see what it is. I have reinstalled three times and it's still doing the same thing. Help please!

Wait I may have just found my problem. I was installing 2.0 when all i have is 1.5 for total war.

Just scratch my last post. This time, It's telling me that the prgram isn't commonly downloaded and it could harm my computer. All i'm doing is downloading FATW from moddb. How can I get the game to run!?
    Last edited by Ishan; February 09, 2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Triple Post \ Identical threads merged

Default Re: Problem with FATW mod...

I suggest you try the gamefront mirror provided here.

Foederatus
    Why are you asking me all these questions?

I did. I have installed all three of the mods I have used from that site and none of them have worked properly. I'm getting pissed. I tried installing another mod and this little black box flashes up and then goes back down again when I try to play it. What's going on?

BrokenLantern's Avatar Libertus

Run as admin, or reinstall rome.

Quote Originally Posted by blahbamouth View Post
    I did. I have installed all three of the mods I have used from that site and none of them have worked properly. I'm getting pissed. I tried installing another mod and this little black box flashes up and then goes back down again when I try to play it. What's going on?
    If a console appears and then shuts down immediately, it's because the installer uses some .bat file and the commands used in there are incompatible with your OS.

I can't speak for the other mods, but the latest FATW installer does not use a .bat, so you shouldn't have this kind of problem. If you use Vista or Win7, also run installers as admin, as said above.

Nonetheless, if you have tried that one (the .exe from Gamefront) and still get a problem, please post somewhere in the fatw forum and I'll upload a .rar version of it, which is certainly not incompatible with any OS.

Identical threads merged & thread moved from RTW GD forum to FATW forum.

Please don't ask mod related questions in the general discussion forums, it's reserved only for unmodified game aka vanilla RTW, in your case. Also don't ask the same question in different locations.
    Last edited by Ishan; February 09, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blahbamouth View Post
    Just scratch my last post. This time, It's telling me that the prgram isn't commonly downloaded and it could harm my computer. All i'm doing is downloading FATW from moddb. How can I get the game to run!?
    Install again RTW then Install Barbarian Invasion Install BI Patch 1-6 and download the BI version.
    I have vista and I saw this problem at Troy mod, I just press double click on the installer and then the mod doesn't work, but then I reinstall everything and I RUN as Administrator, then I saw when was Installing, it was installing another things, and then the mod worked, all the time RUN as administrator.

Off topic: Is it possible to disband that red, unhappy smily that's left of this thread's title in the main FATW forum? It makes FATW look like an unstable or even bugged mod, what it's surely not.

I did install it and run it as the administrator, and it still has the same issue of the box briefly appearing then just dissapearing. I have windows vista, i downloaded RTW gold edition (RTE and BI) from amazon.com. Help please? i really want to play this mod!

Try the .rar version please.

I think Aradan you should make an video for DoM How to install the mod, Step by Step, from RTW then BI then Update and then the installer for exe and rar versions for both XP and Vista...so you will avoid epic quetions