Thread: Late Medieval II Total War Update

Default Late Medieval II Total War Update

Medieval II Total War News

Medieval II Lands a Games Critics E3 Nomination; the following are all the E3 nominations for the “Best Strategy Award” -

- Company of Heroes (Relic/THQ for PC)
    - Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II (EA for X360)
    - Medieval 2: Total War (Creative Assembly/Sega for PC)
    - Supreme Commander (Gas Powered Games/THQ for PC)
    - World in Conflict (Massive Entertainment/Sierra for PC)

The winners will be posted on the evening of Wednesday, May 31. We wish CA and Medieval II Total War the best of luck!

Medieval II Snags IGN Best of Show Award

The graphics are substantially improved over the previous game and you'll see tons of new effects and lots more variety now among the individuals within a unit. The turn-based empire game has received some upgrades as well. Now players will be able to refine their strategies by using specialized cities and a range of diplomats, priests and merchants. We haven't been this excited about a strategy game since, well, since the last Total War game.

Though its old news, I suggest those who have not read the IGN awards take a look.
    Here is the link - http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/709/709355p3.html

Alexander Total War News

According to www.totalwar.com the press has got their hands on Alexander and submitted many previews, check them out at the following links –
    IGN - http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/710/710220p1.html
    Gamespot - http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/r...ml?sid=6151844
    CVG.com - http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=136488

Yes, I know I’m a week late, but better late then never for those who have not stayed Updated on recent events.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Default Re: Late Medieval II Total War Update

Great news!

But WTF, why is BFME2 up there? That game sucked, just like BFME!

BFME2 will actually be available for the Xbox 360 as well. That's right...an RTS....on a console.....

Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory
    BFME2 will actually be available for the Xbox 360 as well. That's right...an RTS....on a console.....
    Yeah, obviously since it reads so there... <_<

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I see no new information here. Perhaps "awarding" new games is just a merchandising ploy. From what Ive seen of Alexander, you just have reskinned RTW units and a new, smaller map.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for MTW II.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote:Forget about sending emmisaries to foreign nations to inquire about treaties or other diplomatic maneuvers because there are no diplomats in Alexander's campaign.

CA finally realised that RTW diplomacy is crap.

No way I'm gonna pay 15 bucks for ATW, even if Brian Blessed did make the voiceover.

Good luck M2TW in the Best Strategy Award. Now thats something to look forward to.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

The Indians: While not main players in the conflict in Alexander's campaign, the Indian kingdoms are still powerful enough to prove difficult to conquer. Alexander's life actually ended while invading this area of the world. Bowmen, war elephants, and charioteers are aplenty in the Indian kingdoms.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/710/710220p2.html

Gotta love this guy...
    Tuba mirum spargens sonum
    per sepulcra regionum,
    coget omnes ante thronum

Default Want a job working on M2TW?

Greetings TW Center,

For those that dont know me I run BRO clan and have been an online player for quiet a few years.

Anyway since January 2006 I have been working with CA on M2TW.

I was unable to create my own topic so this seemed the next best place to post.

Anyway our Brisbane studio is on the lookout for some testers that will be on a full-time contract till the end of the project. Anyone that is interested could you please send your CV to:

jturnbull@creative-assembly.com.au

You will need to be living in or near the studio in Brisbane, Australia. Please get the word out and dont take too long to apply, as we will be putting people on in the next few days.

Regards

Palamedes

Average British Student

Default Re: Want a job working on M2TW?

Quote Originally Posted by Palamedes
    Greetings TW Center,

For those that dont know me I run BRO clan and have been an online player for quiet a few years.

Anyway since January 2006 I have been working with CA on M2TW.

I was unable to create my own topic so this seemed the next best place to post.

Anyway our Brisbane studio is on the lookout for some testers that will be on a full-time contract till the end of the project. Anyone that is interested could you please send your CV to:

jturnbull@creative-assembly.com.au

You will need to be living in or near the studio in Brisbane, Australia. Please get the word out and dont take too long to apply, as we will be putting people on in the next few days.

Regards

Palamedes
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53517 - Already post on his but welcome

Ok cool guess I should have a better scan around the forums first .

Oh well anyway nice to meet up with you guys and to those Aussies out there, watch Australia beat Brazil tonight then get up early and send your CV.

Palamedes
    Last edited by Palamedes; June 18, 2006 at 07:56 AM.