Thread: The Office of Chancellor Guy Blackmon in London

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Default The Office of Chancellor Guy Blackmon in London

WIP, please sticky this? It is quaint, compared to many homes of the King's circle, but a larger construction project is being planned for a larger office for the Chancellor.
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Office of Chancellor Guy Blackmon in London

The Baron of Bedford enters the Office and requests an audience with the Chancellor.

He is invited in,
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

"Hail, Chancellor Blackmon! It has been a while since we last met before the walls of Westminster, no? I came here to inquire about your requests for diplomats. I would like to nominate myself, though I hope my title does not impede my suggestion."

Guy would notice that Aaron's Danish accent was disappearing, and nearly gone -- he could also speak relatively clean Norman.

Guy stepped up and said to Aaron, clasping him by the hand and shaking it hard. "Yes Aaron, it has bee some time no? I would love to give you a diplomatic position, but first things first, I must make sure you are as silver-tongued as you need to be. To be honest, I have not devised a test for you to go through to become a foreign emissary. So I will just ask you to convince me. If you can convince me to make you a diplomat, so you shall be."

He sat on his chair and listened for Aaron's case.
    Jingo Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo Eugene View Post
    Guy stepped up and said to Aaron, clasping him by the hand and shaking it hard. "Yes Aaron, it has bee some time no? I would love to give you a diplomatic position, but first things first, I must make sure you are as silver-tongued as you need to be. To be honest, I have not devised a test for you to go through to become a foreign emissary. So I will just ask you to convince me. If you can convince me to make you a diplomat, so you shall be."

He sat on his chair and listened for Aaron's case.
    Aaron chuckled.

"Danes have always been the most serene and diplomatic of the Norsemen, alongside the Normans. It was our ancestors that convinced the old Kings of England that our people were fit to settle here peacefully, and not as the barbaric pillagers that so many think of. What better a man is there to have as a voice of Angland than one who prefers to stay his blade rather than bloody it? No Welshman, Scot, Irishman or otherwise would be displeased in my presence. I have also brought it upon myself to improve my Latin, for use in conversation with those of foreign blood. And you can be assured that I would do my utmost to ensure the appearance of legitimacy for the new English crown, as it is both a god-given and righteous Kingdom like the Pope and good Edward declared. So I ask you, Chancellor, to take good counsel and make the choice you know is right in this matter."

Guy's eyes practically bulged out of his sockets. He had taken dozens of applicants, many of which tried using self-perceived virtues and naturally glossing over failed attempts to diffuse barfights, and successful attempts to start them. As a matter of fact, several had tried to bribe him right then and there! Only 7 so far have made it.

Guy regained his composure, "So, Danes seem to be, by nature, good negotiators hm? But I cannot allow you into this office unless I know about you, my good sir, lest every Dane on this island apply on the same grounds as yourself."
    Jingo Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo Eugene View Post
    Guy's eyes practically bulged out of his sockets. He had taken dozens of applicants, many of which tried using self-perceived virtues and naturally glossing over failed attempts to diffuse barfights, and successful attempts to start them. As a matter of fact, several had tried to bribe him right then and there! Only 7 so far have made it.

Guy regained his composure, "So, Danes seem to be, by nature, good negotiators hm? But I cannot allow you into this office unless I know about you, my good sir, lest every Dane on this island apply on the same grounds as yourself."
    "Then there is much to say, but for this conversation I shall be brief; who else is of Danish and English blood that managed to be faithful to the new conquerors and rise to the position of Baron so quickly? I and my family have lived beside the Saxons for more than a century and no blood was spilled in our name. Only the Saxons came to attack us, and we preferred peace to their trivial bloodshed. Why, in my lifetime I can recall several years in which my family and its relatives have desired war against the Saxons. Each time I came to them to console them and discourage their thirst for death. It is in this way that Angland would benefit from such a man as myself. It would be confident in the fact that no foreigner shall be offended or taken aback by any threats. Our neighbors, the Celts, would find themselves rather pleased by my presence, instead of annoyed."

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

A messege was left by the mail man in the office of the High Chancellor.
    To the High Chancelor,

I wish to expand my relations with the Holy See, so as to gain the friendship of the Pope.

I charge you with the duty to find out what would be of his Holiness' wishes and have them directed to me.

You have the manouvering possibility in regards to Charity done to the Poor, concessions of power to the church in social matters and the building of monasteries. Of the rest, you must pass the information to me and have me see what should be done.

H.R.H.
    Richard I, R. Angl.

PS: If you feel in the passing of the talk, that there is a good diplomatic opportunity that would be beneficial to the Kingdom and the Crown, in that case you may act freely, disgregarding the limitations impossed in this letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    "Then there is much to say, but for this conversation I shall be brief; who else is of Danish and English blood that managed to be faithful to the new conquerors and rise to the position of Baron so quickly? I and my family have lived beside the Saxons for more than a century and no blood was spilled in our name. Only the Saxons came to attack us, and we preferred peace to their trivial bloodshed. Why, in my lifetime I can recall several years in which my family and its relatives have desired war against the Saxons. Each time I came to them to console them and discourage their thirst for death. It is in this way that Angland would benefit from such a man as myself. It would be confident in the fact that no foreigner shall be offended or taken aback by any threats. Our neighbors, the Celts, would find themselves rather pleased by my presence, instead of annoyed."
    Guy smiled, "All right then, you have convinced me. You will be a diplomat in the Diplomatic Core of England. Welcome brother."
    Jingo Eugene

"I thank you, Chancellor. Please inform me when you have need of my services."

With that, Aaron departed...

Murat entered the Lord Chancellor's office, asking for an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Murat entered the Lord Chancellor's office, asking for an audience.
    He is welcomed in to see the Chancellor
    Jingo Eugene

Good day to you, Sir. I'm Barthelemy Murat, and I wanted to apply for one of the vacant positions for diplomats.

"Well, Mr. Murat, I am willing to let you become a diplomat and help negotiate treaties with various groups and kingdoms if you so wish. There is only one requirement.

"You must have a tongue of silver, tell me, why should you be a diplomat in the Core?"
    Jingo Eugene