Thread: Perfect Mod, but for one thing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Perfect Mod, but for one thing

This mod is really fun to play. The reason is the movement - armies don't move that far that fast. However, this is also the problem. Historically, armies could move much further in the space of six months. I seek only one change - a change from two to four turns per year.

I know modders and other officianados will say, "But wait." To do that you need to change everything.

Not everything. Simply the length of time it takes to build a structure. Regardless of how much money a faction has, it takes a certain number of turns to build a building or train a unit. Make all units one turn to build. But make all buildings twice as long to build.

I eagerly await the next patch.

Default Re: Perfect Mod, but for one thing

If you want to change that, just type in the amount of years you want a building to take in the ‘export desc buildings’ text file.

The slower movement was to give the AI a chance to build armies when you attack it.

Glad you like the mod, there are many things I would like to have done but we didn’t have many coders.

We wont be making a new patch but maybe sparta4, the beta is already made so its just a case of me finding the time to make new cards etc. problem is that the game is so old now and you guys got rs2, so I kinda wonder if its worth all the effort. …and I expect rome2 will be out in the next 2 years.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.