Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Process Injector [FXAA] Graphics enhancement [Now for Shogun 2] [New profiles, Check it out!]]

Icon2 Post Process Injector [FXAA] Graphics enhancement [Now for Shogun 2] [New profiles, Check it out!]]

***Post Process Injector FXAA***

FXAA post process injector is a very used today to bring games colours to your own taste, and new effects, like bloom and Anti Aliasing, the best thing about FXAA is that you can easy tweak it and it take almost no effect on performance (less than 3 fps on most PC configs).

***Cheap Anti aliasing, almost no hit on performance, make the game smooth.
    ***Bloom, that add more shine to the game, make the light better.
    ***tonemap and technicolor, this changes the colouring and saturation.
    ***Sharpening, this can be used to sharp edges and textures, i did not used it because anti aliasing feature will not smooth it, and may look jagged edges.
    ***Other stuff, that you will can change anytime you want to tweak an see the config that you want.

INSTALL NOTES:

*ATTENTION:Extract the .rar file, copy everything inside the folder and paste on main folder of the game, where the executable is.

*You need to run FXAA_tool as admin.
    *You need to have Directx 9 or above.
    *You need to have Directx 9 or above Vcard.
    *You need to run the game as admin.
    *You need to have Microsoft NET framework up to date.

This modification WILL ONLY WORK ON DX9, i'm trying to solve this, but yet i didnt find the issue.

The following Screenshots have been pic using my main profile, these are before/after screenshots, another profiles will be added. This main profile contains: bloom, AA, technicolor and tonemap.

Screenshots

Night battles:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Day battles:

You can always turn on/off the FXAA on your game by pressing "pause break" key on your keyboard.

Important: Everyone is allowed to tweak the tool and make their own configuration, this is easy with FXAA_tool, that is included in this mod.

Important: FXAA and FXAA tool credits goes to its own creators, i'm not the creator of this tool, the only credit that you must give me is to create this thread and this configuration.

For now i will put here three configs, one is the main config, that is the one i use, and the two others are the AA only and a colorfull config. Try all of them an see which one suit your taste.

Please everyone, give feedback for me, and i will make configs for those who does not know how to do it.

Im using Fire stone trail mod, Shogun total war Retex and no projectile trail mod. All of those are recommended mods.

This is it, i think, thanks everyone!

Hello everyone, new config released: This will not overwrite the main one, i mean, this is a whole different config.

If in the main config you get more colours and shining effects, here you will get a more darker tone, maybe even more realistic and cinematographic effect, i will put here two options, with shine and without shine.

Some screenshots of the shiny version:

note: My game is all on ultra, without any anti aliasing, only the one that the FXAA provides.

Please give rep and feedback, this help me to keep the good work.
    Updated.

Last edited by Lord Rato; February 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Default Re: Post Process Injector [FXAA] Graphics enhancement [Now for Shogun 2] [Cheap performance Anti Aliasing INCLUDED]

There it is! These screenshots are pretty bad... Well, waiting for people feedback!

Default Re: Post Process Injector [FXAA] Graphics enhancement [Now for Shogun 2] [Cheap performance Anti Aliasing INCLUDED]

nice,waiting for DX 11 version

Nice, i actually gave the fxaa tool a go with shogun before but it didnt work, so good work (that is if you actually did any )

Well, it works now, but only with the dx9 version. Actually i have a DX11 vcard but i'm using it on Dx9 because the game is looking better for me than it does on DX9 with MSAA 8x.

Everything i did was to configure FXAA effects and this thread for people who doesnt know about FXAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rato View Post
    Well, it works now, but only with the dx9 version. Actually i have a DX11 vcard but i'm using it on Dx9 because the game is looking better for me than it does on DX9 with MSAA 8x.

Everything i did was to configure FXAA effects and this thread for people who doesnt know about FXAA.
    Eh i think you had unit textures on ultra, doing this is known to disable AA. I have to pick medium or high unit textures for AA to work.

8 x Msaa is alot better than fxaa, believe me.

yes, msaa is a lot better than FXAA, but if is for me to choose between the benefits of FXAA (colour corretion etc) and the benefits of DX11 (tesselation and MSAA), i choose FXAA, make my game run smoother and look better. But this is my opnion of course.

Hey people, 50+ downloads and not a single person giving feedback. Come on!

Hi, your mod looks really awesome, I might download and give it a try later, and also waiting for a DX11 version, keep up the good work

Hi everybody, just here to give you the bad news: FXAA with DX11 will not work for Shogun 2 TW, maybe in the future someone develops a new way, but for now there is a error, that yet cant be solved.

So if you want to try it with DX9, i assure you will like the effects. I will work now to bring new effects configurations based on your feedback and on my creativity. Thanks.

Hello everyone, new config released: This will not overwrite the main one, i mean, this is a whole different config.

If in the main config you get more colours and shining effects, here you will get a more darker tone, maybe even more realistic and cinematographic effect, i will put here two options, with shine and without shine.

Some screenshots of the shiny version:

note: My game is all on ultra, without any anti aliasing, only the one that the FXAA provides.

Please give rep and feedback, this help me to keep the good work.

my dx11 performance is much better than dx9

Really? Here i lose some performance because if i activate DX11 i will also use MSAA 8x and Tesselation.

Default Re: Post Process Injector [FXAA] Graphics enhancement [Now for Shogun 2] [New profiles, Check it out!]]

First post updated.

Default Re: Post Process Injector [FXAA] Graphics enhancement [Now for Shogun 2] [New profiles, Check it out!]]

Hi Lord Rato will give a try to the mod , one question regarding the way I should install ..so I just place the main folder of your mod ? or the content of your folder? ...will install the basic FAAX and the shiny version

Do I need to edit the user script? And this is not supposed to have any drop on performance whatsoever?
    Last edited by Confucius; February 08, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nebucodonosor View Post
    Hi Lord Rato will give a try to the mod , one question regarding the way I should install ..so I just place the main folder of your mod ? or the content of your folder? ...will install the basic FAAX and the shiny version
    Hi my friend. Easy, just copy the content inside the folder (files and FXAA tool, shader etc) and put it on the main folder o the game, where the executable is. You just need one version at time. If you want the effects to be like the screenshots just download FXAA cinematic shiny then.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Do I need to edit the user script? And this is not supposed to have any drop on performance whatsoever?
    No, you dont need to edit user script, this works with any other mod that you have installed. FPS drop should be around 3 fps, maybe even less. Works with the game in DX9.

----

Any questions, just ask me.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Nice man. I probably couldn't tell the difference between DX9 and DX10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Nice man. I probably couldn't tell the difference between DX9 and DX10.
    Yes, i have CFx of HD 6850 and i prefer play on DX9, i think that these colours and other stuff look better than just tesseletaion (i didnt even see where they put the tesselation).

Thank you Lord Rato , I had no time to install it but I will do it tonight now that I have precise instructions on how to do it...hopefully will increase the FPS on my 6970 . Thank you

I cant start Shogun when I dragged and dropped the files onto my folder directory. I get the message: The program cant start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer.
    Last edited by Confucius; February 09, 2012 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast