Thread: Crusading

Icon3 Crusading

is there going to be any upgrades for crusades? as we know in original MTW2 its to chaotic and every kingdom goes there. its not to realistic. I think that only most "loyal" kingdoms to pope should go there and before the march to Jerusalem all crusaders should have one point where they will collect there forces and march together.

i dont know is that possible or nor
    and i know that its late for this kind of topics

Default Re: Crusading

Hmm, cool idea. Dont know if this is hardcoded but maybe there could be a check of papal favour before some faction can join the crusade.

Agreed although i don't know that this is possible, but i think it probably is

What i mean by this is that the only the loyal kingdoms part should be possible by favor, however i highly doubt the collection of forces is

If I remember correctly Emperor Frederick II crusaded while he was excommunicated. Granted it probably narked off the Pope a bit, but he still did it and he was King of Jerusalem. So banning certain factions isn't really historically accurate, but then again I'm not sure if this kind of thing was common.