Thread: crashes..

Default crashes..

Got to say darth, this mod is overall the best mod out of them all. exspecally the ai, its amazing realy. only prob I have is that somtimes when playing it just crashes without warning.

I am pretty sure this was covered somwere els in the forum. I have 7.5 +the fix. any ideas how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: crashes..

Do you play old campaign or BI campaign? In fact I never really witness myself CTDs. And mostly I believe the following.
    I never use quicksave or autosave.
    I always manually save my campaigns.
    A friend of mine uses always the first and he has witnessed CTDs but I NEVER do.
    And this must apply to all mods I think.
    It is a pre-patch issue that may become more frequent when someoe mods a game.
    A theory that needs certification of course.

I play the old champain as the julie.

It hapens usally when I am about to enter a battle or when i try to start a champain game it is totally ramdom it seems.

what's your hardware?

I have never finished a campaign because of CTD's. I'm now on my 6th playing Gaul 213 BC and yep! just crashed again!! Closed down restart, tried em! all. Looks like another game gets deleted. Enjoyed it while it lasted though. Playing Darth mod 7.5.

well its one of those $400.00 compaq presario's they have been selling latly. I have upgraded the ram to 1 gig besids that everything els is standerd.

Same here, it crashes to desktop probably once an hour when entering a battle. Best mod I have ever played for RTW though so I can live with it. Really great job guys! Hope you can solve this.

I have an AMD 3,2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 9600 xt.
    Last edited by Swe_gamer; June 03, 2006 at 08:40 AM.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

i install for BI..start game and crash...nothing error
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

I use autosave after turns but not before battles. I used to have ctd's but I don't anymore. I have never used the save before battles though. I only installed this and Bug Fixer this time, so that may have done it.

@darth: oh sorry yes I used to quick save very often. but I have stopped since you said it could caus that.

Average British Student

i get no ctds on my rtw but i dont even know he quick save in rtw

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    Pls someone tell me if you use quicksave prior to your battles?
    I use quicksave at times, but the crashes occur even though I have not quicksaved for several turns (not sure what you mean by "prior to your battle").

ctrl+s before you play your battle.

Nevertheless I think that the autosave and quicksave features sometimes corrupt save data with these effects.
    I had this problem from version 1 and up.
    I never use it. I never CTD unless there is a reason.
    The random issue is telling me that this the reason (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    ctrl+s before you play your battle.

Nevertheless I think that the autosave and quicksave features sometimes corrupt save data with these effects.
    I had this problem from version 1 and up.
    I never use it. I never CTD unless there is a reason.
    The random issue is telling me that this the reason (I hope).
    Well it seems random caus it crashes at diferent times. for example: one time was when I started a campain the other was when I was about to battle, then the last was when I ended the turn.

Well dont worri about it too much Darth, it is pretty rare. Youre mod is just too damn good to let somthing that little to get i n the way of it. lol