Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: [Preview] The Kievan Rus'

Default Re: [Preview] The Kievan Rus'

Visible now

It is maybe weird... But, every day i am coming to see those units. Every single day.. I think i should just save those pictures, because they will maybe crash like others... Realy looking forward to play every single faction of this mod, especialy Kiev , Serbs, and Byzantins. I believe this will be best mod ever for me in TW series, even better then Roma surrectum was at its time.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I'm writing a research paper right now about the Varangians, and I don't really understand how the Russian historians can argue that the Rus did not begin, and was dominated by people of Scandinavian culture up until at least the death of Yaroslaw the wise. From the sources I've read its pretty obvious that their close contact with Scandinavia, their frequent use of Viking mercenaries and the fact that no less than five Norwegian kings lived in the Kievan Rus kingdom for a time. (Magnus Gode, Olav Tryggvason, Olav Hellige and Harald Haråde, Håkon Jarl) implied a very close association. Vlademir the Great lived three years in Sweden and reconquered the kingdom with an Swedish army. Evidently there were close relations and evidently he spoke norse. Only after Yaroslaw the Rus and the Scandinavians drifted apart as the eastern and western culture sphere was solidified and the divide between the Norse and Slavs disappeared in Kiev.

However in this period, the sources I've read pretty blatantly states that the armies of the Kievan Rus was made up with a core of Sandinavian heavy infantry organized as a Scandinavian hird, with lighter Slav compliments and various steppe mercenaries as light infantry and cavalry.

Sure there was cultural overlap, the ruler Svatjoslav for example is said to have acted more like a steppe warrior then a Norseman. Despite being at least half if now wholly of Scandinavian decent.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Hi, I deleted a number of disruptive rants and the responses to those, for continuity. If anyone finds fault with my actions, please PM me.
    Thanks,
    Garb.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; April 08, 2015 at 07:16 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Images restored
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.