Thread: Freeze at Darthmod Loading screen

Default Freeze at Darthmod Loading screen

Title says it all. The game freezes at the Darthmod loading screen. It should be noted, that I installed the mod to my F drive because thats where my steam is located. This was the path I used.

F:\steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war

Im not sure whats wrong, I appreciate any help given, thanks.

Default Re: Freeze at Darthmod Loading screen

answer to my own question for anyone else with the issue

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/32616-napoleon-load-fix

I think most people are getting this issue. The problem is definately with steam. The above fix was the only thing that worked. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Or this.... have you tried this?

Why there is a CTD?

Quote Originally Posted by rantisjun View Post
    answer to my own question for anyone else with the issue

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/32616-napoleon-load-fix
    Mmm... that's really strange... the same happened to me, where i never had problems until yesterday. The fix you linked bypassed the problem... but i still can't explain myself why
    <> If you think my english is bad, you never heard my japanese
    <> "Ama il prossimo tuo...NON QUESTO! IL PROSSIMO!"
    <> "Non bisogna prendere la vita troppo sul serio! Tanto non se ne esce vivi!!"
    <> "Saru mo ki kara ochiru"

After years waiting for the glorious mod finally I installed yesterday 2.1 and I had a freeze with the darth launcher, a freeze with the regular napo vanilla launcher and finally apparently the game files got corrupted after many freezes so I had to uninstall all (just darthmod wasnt enough) and reinstall napoleon.

So far Napo vainilla with the latest updates from steam loads, so I'll try today installing darth mod and follow this tips and see what happens.

I have a love and hate relationship with steam, it is so cool to be able to buy games in English and download them fast instead of having to wait for the ungodly distributors in my country to finally release the game, but at the same time always all those problems with mods, with autoupdates that crash the game...

EDIT:
    I tried reloading steam seting the beta option on as it was stated in the link and now the game loads properly....Excellent!
    Last edited by Pizza de Oveja; February 07, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .