Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoying keyboard problem

Default Annoying keyboard problem

Hey guys, I can play game without any problems.There's only one problem that piss me out.Whenever I use arrow keys for move camera, or whenever I use ctrl for grouping soldiers suddenly game mutes itself, opens console, opens menu, and if im doing this on map sometimes it loads last game.It's original copy, works so good and I checked everything but cant fix this problem.And I dont know what to do...

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Annoying keyboard problem

Wireless keyboard?

Welcome to TWC.

well it only happens in medieval.how can i fix it ?

Try updating your keyboard drivers.

This game has a penchant for not liking wireless keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Try updating your keyboard drivers.

This game has a penchant for not liking wireless keyboards.
    my keyboard drivers are up to date.any more solution ?

None that I know of short of a wired keyboard.

Well, is there really no chance to play with wireless keyboard ?

You are not the first one to report this problem here. If there is a fix other than new drivers or a wired keyboard, they have not informed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Semir View Post
    Well, is there really no chance to play with wireless keyboard ?
    What drivers were you trying to install? Have you tried to use the generic MS drivers? It may be that your keyboard is using proprietary drivers that M2 doesn't like. Try browsing though the MS site and look for general wireless keyboard drivers, download them, remove the old drivers and then install the generic MS drivers. It's a shot worth taking. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

i haven't heard of any other fix, and i have this problem too, i have a wired keyboard just for this game, which is ok because its a cheap walmart 5 dollar one. But it is annoying.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    i haven't heard of any other fix, and i have this problem too, i have a wired keyboard just for this game, which is ok because its a cheap walmart 5 dollar one. But it is annoying.
    We've found a fix before but I'm all but positive that it took downloading the MS drivers from the MS website to make it work.

Other possible problems include running the game on Mac, Wine or Linux using the various tweaks to make it somewhat compatible. Maybe this is an OS problem? It might be worth checking out....

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    We've found a fix before but I'm all but positive that it took downloading the MS drivers from the MS website to make it work.

Other possible problems include running the game on Mac, Wine or Linux using the various tweaks to make it somewhat compatible. Maybe this is an OS problem? It might be worth checking out....
    i'll check it out...its done it for me on win7 and xp, so i don't think its necessarily a specific o/s problem, but it could be. I tried the updated drivers on xp, but not on win7...maybe i'll try that again now. Like i said, the 5 dollar keyboard works well enough, i just bought a usb extension cable and poof, just as good as a wireless for freedom of movement. thank you tho, +rep for the help/suggestion.
    LOSTHIEF

What drivers were you trying to install? Have you tried to use the generic MS drivers? It may be that your keyboard is using proprietary drivers that M2 doesn't like. Try browsing though the MS site and look for general wireless keyboard drivers, download them, remove the old drivers and then install the generic MS drivers. It's a shot worth taking. Good luck!
    I installed last version driver that my keyboard uses.Not general wireless keyboard one's.I'll browse MS website.But to be sure, can you give me a download link for driver that you think it would fix this problem ?
    I hope that solution will work for me, because if its not, Im going to buy a wired keyboard too.

I installed last version driver that my keyboard uses.Not general wireless keyboard one's.I'll browse MS website.But to be sure, can you give me a download link for driver that you think it would fix this problem ?
    I hope that solution will work for me, because if its not, Im going to buy a wired keyboard too.
    You can try this link and look up your driver on the MS hardware software download page.

If that doesn't work try updating to the Intellitype driver. The problem is that this one is only listed up to Vista 32-bit. If you have Win7 then that may explain why this old bug is popping up again.

Let us know the results please and good luck!

You can try this link and look up your driver on the MS hardware software download page.

If that doesn't work try updating to the Intellitype driver. The problem is that this one is only listed up to Vista 32-bit. If you have Win7 then that may explain why this old bug is popping up again.

Let us know the results please and good luck!
    I tried Intellitype 7.1 driver and it worked ! I really appreciate your help, thank you

Good to hear. I just learned something. Thank you for sharing.

I tried Intellitype 7.1 driver and it worked ! I really appreciate your help, thank you
    guess i kno my next step, always learn something new
    LOSTHIEF

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys, I'm only having one issue but its very frustrating. Whenever I open console command, it can only be done with the parentheses(") key. This presents issues because I cannot use parentheses in any of the console commands. Is this also a driver issue? Is there any kind of button mapping I could do since it's just one key?

Thanks,

Ayyubid

It could be a mapping problem depending on the language of the game.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Wow, awesome that you replied so fast!

Well, I am using a wireless keyboard on a windows 7 bootcamp partion of my mac. It's in english.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast