Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] WAR monger's "The Blue and the Gray" Revisited (2.0 released) [new preview video]

Default [SUBMOD] WAR monger's "The Blue and the Gray" Revisited (2.0 released) [new preview video]

This is a whole new submod projects by me that focuses on immersion and atmosphere and adding new features to the game. As the B&G team progresses in making new versions, this mod will be constantly updated as I come up with new ideas to add to the gaming experience.

Sound Mod V 1.0 Changelog:

-Infantry engagements are backed with the sounds of the "crackle of musketry" from all around the battlefield in addition to separate musket discharge sounds in the general area.

-Bugle calls and officer commands changed. Officers give more structured commands: "Rally on the battalion!", "On the double quick, march!"

-Cannon sound effects changed.

- Background music changed to orchestral suites with Civil War melodies instead of the original band tunes. (It is also suggested to try this mod with the music off as well.)

I plan on updating this soon, by coding the new voices for the actual infantrymen a la Napoleon Total War (Yes, I know that feature was unique to NTW, but I have an idea.) I can also take suggestions.

Just my crack at the modding biz.
    Enjoy, WAR monger

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21295...Sounds_mod.rar (outdated)

2.0 Changelog

NOTE: I'm still in the learning stages of managing pack files. As of now, the download file is quite large, since I'm basically giving you part of my ACW folder. Its about 900MB 500MB. I'm going to need you guys to bear with me on this version until I can provide you with smaller packs.

-Most (if not all) battle music has been silenced. I believe it contributes more to the feel of the game if battle sounds are only audible.

-Soldiers shout and curse among themselves while in combat. Adding more atmosphere. More officer commands added as well.

-The game is given consistency in terms of theme/mood, media and music. (New music for campaign and loading screens, along with battle results...)

-New loading screens (courtesy of husserlTW)

-New menu background screen

-More musket sounds have been changed, giving musket battles a more dense sound.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21347242/ACW+2.0.rar

preview test 1

preview test 2

Changelog 2.5

-Flags are now single and in-motion with new textures for the United States and Confederate battle flags.

-Almost every variation of bullet impact sound effects changed into a more powerful sound

-Bullet whizby's changed

-Few more voices added

-New explosion sound effects

-Cannon sound effects have been tweaked to have more bass

-Finalized musket fire sounds.

2.5 sounds preview

The next version will come in one pack, and the mod manager will be required to use it properly. The file is about 300MB in size.

Coming soon with the release of B&G 3.0 (possibly earlier)
    Last edited by WAR monger; May 08, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
    [signature]

Default Re: ACW Sound Mod

I really like the unitsounds, the music is also great but fit not that much with the whole part for my personal view. A big problems of the old sounds where the quality, much better now. I wanted to redo all of them.

anyway, rep mate

Default Re: ACW Sound Mod

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    I really like the unitsounds, the music is also great but fit not that much with the whole part for my personal view. A big problems of the old sounds where the quality, much better now. I wanted to redo all of them.

anyway, rep mate
    I see what you mean about the music. I did that more for me since I was a fan of the American Conquest series, more a less a after thought the music. But thanks for the rep and the advice. I appreciate it.
    [signature]

Default Re: [SUBMOD] WAR monger's "The Blue and the Gray" Revisited

(Update)
    [signature]

Default Re: [SUBMOD] WAR monger's "The Blue and the Gray" Revisited (2.0 released) [new preview video]

Preview of new textures for single "wavy" flags for Version 2.5

[signature]

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: [SUBMOD] WAR monger's "The Blue and the Gray" Revisited (2.0 released) [new preview video]

ah i see, you also used my larger flags mod .

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    ah i see, you also used my larger flags mod .
    Had to include it. I will give credit where credit is due.
    [signature]

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

NP, since it says in the "familiy"

Where'd you get those nice packs and blanket rolls?! They don't look like the usual ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Highlander View Post
    Where'd you get those nice packs and blanket rolls?! They don't look like the usual ones!!
    They don't?
    [signature]

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

this was for ACW 2.65 right?

Heya tried out the sub mod and can only say, great work! The sounds are amazing

Yes, that's the version I currently have. When 3.0 comes out however I'm not sure how compatible it will be. I will have to tweak the .pack file if any issues come with thier new release.
    [signature]

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

is it save game compatible?

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Download link out of work...
    Are there any working?

Yeah it's save game compatible. And the first download link is the one that is out. Doesn't matter though since it's he outdated link. The one below is the link you're looking for.
    [signature]

I really like new sound effects...cannons are perfect!!

Can i get a link the filefront link is dead

I think the soundtrack used in this mod is awesome...it is from Gods and Generals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast