Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Komnenian/Khwaraz Unit Roster

Default Re: My new Komnenian/Khwaraz Unit Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Thank you, sadly no because I find Byzantine history in the late era quit depressing and the army by that time lost any real resemblance to the ancient traditions it once held dear and began to be heavily influenced by their Turksh neighbors ( but maybe who knows) As for the Persians, the died out when the Mongols invaded in the mid 13th century so they did not exist.
    hehe, I am aware of this, but, as total war in general is a "what if" scenario, one can assume Khwarezm and the Byzantine empire would have kept updating their militaries if they had survived/avoided decline.

Now here's a crazy idea: One could develop an apache script (unlocking units based on setlements captured/units destroyed) where the Byzantines get a different roster depending on how well they're doing in the campaign. Their units go down the toilet in the long run if they get slowly grinded to dust by the turks as it was in history, or get new flashy units if they manage to repel the invasions and conquer long lost settlements in the levant or somesuch

Agrez's Avatar Civis

awesome work bro

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Loger View Post
    hehe, I am aware of this, but, as total war in general is a "what if" scenario, one can assume Khwarezm and the Byzantine empire would have kept updating their militaries if they had survived/avoided decline.

Now here's a crazy idea: One could develop an apache script (unlocking units based on setlements captured/units destroyed) where the Byzantines get a different roster depending on how well they're doing in the campaign. Their units go down the toilet in the long run if they get slowly grinded to dust by the turks as it was in history, or get new flashy units if they manage to repel the invasions and conquer long lost settlements in the levant or somesuch
    Yes that would be true but it is their reverence of the ancient roman traditions that would prevent them from having anything like late 15th century maximilian western armor if they could help it. But it is a nice thought though, if anything they would look like roman clibanarus cavalry.

As for the script that would be pretty cool you should research that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Yes that would be true but it is their reverence of the ancient roman traditions that would prevent them from having anything like late 15th century maximilian western armor if they could help it. But it is a nice thought though, if anything they would look like roman clibanarus cavalry.

As for the script that would be pretty cool you should research that.
    Unfortunately I'm useless at modding, and have very little spare time atm. Still, wish you luck on your mod project.

Looks excellent, +rep. Is resolution is as high as possible on the units? because the the art and style looks epic, jsut hope its hi res texts aswell and not blurry. When i mean hi res i mean like the Arnor roster for TATW, basically a typical example of the MTW2 streched to its limits

Fedual

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Looks excellent, +rep. Is resolution is as high as possible on the units? because the the art and style looks epic, jsut hope its hi res texts aswell and not blurry. When i mean hi res i mean like the Arnor roster for TATW, basically a typical example of the MTW2 streched to its limits

Fedual
    Put it this way, at current resolution I have had games where the game crashes cause graphics are set too high. So yes it is all high resolution.

Any sort of Osprey books that influenced how you made the Roman units? Or did you go with what you felt like a Roman soldier would've looked during the Komnenian Restoration?

Beautifull textures indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord's Heir View Post
    Any sort of Osprey books that influenced how you made the Roman units? Or did you go with what you felt like a Roman soldier would've looked during the Komnenian Restoration?
    Yes, the osprey books as well as primary sources that described the kind of units that served but my main insperation came from two books entitled The Eastern Romans 330 - 1453 AD by an Italian author whose name has escaped me but it was published by concord books and the ther was by a greek author called Byzantine Armies 325 AD - 1453 AD part of the military essays series. Without these two books I would not have been able to create the textures and units you see. In addition to my own imagination as to what they would have looked like if the Komnenians were able to bring back Roman professionalism into the Byzantine Army.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Did you edit the stats to reflect their new looks. RR is based on the equipment and training and seeing as their equipment has changed so should their stats.

I don't really think so cause these units are based on the models of the CBUR team so I don't think they need change - besides I wouldn't know what to put, I'm a unit modder/semi coder so I don't know what stats to compare them to. What do you think?

i have to say that your units is great on model and skin , but i can see some steep style mask and armor on persian heavy cavalry and maybe the face of persian solider is too europe than Iran ?

by the way , when them will be accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by lilong View Post
    i have to say that your units is great on model and skin , but i can see some steep style mask and armor on persian heavy cavalry and maybe the face of persian solider is too europe than Iran ?

by the way , when them will be accomplish?
    Well the Khwarezmians weren't 100% Persian, their nobility was based on the traditions of the Turkic stepp so that is why the masks look like that. As for the faces I have made some new ones and will show soon.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

@Caudillo87
    Keep up the good work.
    Focus not only in merging model parts but also in inproving your skin skills.
    Who knows we may work together in the future -if you want afcourse.
    For now inorder to help you in the realism direction here is the main consept of a characteristic Komnenean ellite horseman.

Horse with padded armor 10th-14th century helmet ,long kite shield, long lance ,sword and mace.
    Good luck...
    CBUR is already planing to make a new version of the Komnenean roster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Komnenean main consept.png  
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

[QUOTE=AnthoniusII;11050751]@Caudillo87
    Keep up the good work.
    Focus not only in merging model parts but also in inproving your skin skills.
    Who knows we may work together in the future -if you want afcourse.
    For now inorder to help you in the realism direction here is the main consept of a characteristic Komnenean ellite horseman.

Horse with padded armor 10th-14th century helmet ,long kite shield, long lance ,sword and mace.
    Good luck...
    CBUR is already planing to make a new version of the Komnenean roster.[/QUOTE

Thanks Anthonius, I have made really big improvements in my own skinning abilities as well as my own creativity in making my unit models. The only thing that I still haven't mastered is making helmets and shields from scratch but I am improving everyday, thanks.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

amazing work, cant wait to see them in-game!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Am I missing the link or are they not ready for download yet? I would love to try them out! They are magnificent units!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

It says "Coming Soon" in big purple font, what do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by perris0707 View Post
    Am I missing the link or are they not ready for download yet? I would love to try them out! They are magnificent units!
    Yes they will be coming soon. I am currently working on the Khwarazmian roster and I am really impressed with the results. Pics will be up soon. Unfortunately I can't add brand new units because of the unit cap in SS 6.4, it sucks and the only way to test my units is to delete ones from the EDU. Because of it I am only going to post native Kwarazmian units - those only recruitible by Khwarezm.

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

These units look amazing! I am looking forward to your release

+rep