Thread: Cannot start 40 unit campaign?

Lord Roberts's Avatar Laetus

Default Cannot start 40 unit campaign?

Firstly Thank you for a great Mod, the additions & changes really enhance the game to a higher level.

I have read through the forum and seen a few other questions that at first i thought would solve my problem but NO

Can somone please provide a step by step guide on how to play with 40 units. i have tried all the examples on the forum (three so far) but the most sucess i have so far is that the unit cards shrink down to the size they would on the menu for a 40 unit stack but the stack is still limited to 20 units?

If i want to play the european campaign or Darthmod campaign with 40 unit how do i do this?

what i have tried so far is this:

1. opened launcher
    2. Selected Campaign button
    3. clicked the option for saves (x40 armies)
    4. small menu pops up with various factions & campaigns
    5. i have for example selected coalition campaign Batavian republic by double clicking on this file name in the small pop up menu
    6. then i click back to the main launcher menu to select start, a pop then tells me to i need to enable darthmod SP.
    7. i do this but still no 40 unit stacks.
    i have tried other methods suggested but only ever get the small unit card on the menu screen for 40 unit stacks,but cannot build a 40 unit stack.

please help with a guide for idiots?? Thank you

Default Re: Cannot start 40 unit campaign?

Reverse the procedure you've followed. First enable darthmod SP and then choose the campaign you like to play (e.g. a save X40).

Thanks i tried your suggestion

1.open launcher
    2. selected from setting menu enable SP default
    3. select campaign menu
    4. from campaign menu clicked saves (x40 armies)
    5. from small pop up menu selected coalition campaign batavian save game.
    6.clicked back to main page of launcher and clicked play
    7. i selected whilst in the game menu from the save games a batavian games for darthmod i had been playing and the unit card/menu bar were all displaying small fonts as you would expect but the stack are still only 20 units not 40,it will not let me create a 40 unit stack?

what am i doing wrong?
    Thank you for the help

i'm having exactly same issue but for uk peninsular war. can you have 40 units in this?

Have you checked in your save game entries, as there should be a new one

What will the new saved game be called? is this the same process as in NTC death or glory where you have to load a specially created saved game that contains the 40 unit stacks for the faction you want to play.

??