Thread: MAARC XXXV - Nominations

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default MAARC XXXV - Nominations

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC XXXV.

Eligibility
    - The nominated AAR must have at least two updates in February.
    - The winner of the previous competition cannot compete in this current MAARC
    - Only one AAR per person
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 5 nominations, the competition is extended for another month.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide
    - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

Advertisement Rules

Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

Awards

4 points for the Winner
    3 points for Second Place
    2 points for Third Place

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the AAR Competition Medals.

Please see the Writer's Study Information and FAQ Thread for more details.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; February 03, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Oxode's Avatar Tiro
    Mississauga,Ontario,Canada,North America,Atmosphere,Earth,Milky Way Galaxy

Default Re: MAARC XXXV - Nominations

Fortune Favours the Bold: A Carthage AAR

Author: Oxode (Me )
    Game: Rome Total War
    Difficulty: VH/VH
    Mod: Roma Surrectum II
    Faction: Carthage
    Unit Size: Huge
    Recruitment: Normal

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Legends came and went in history, there was never a tale as complex as the story of Hannibal Barca, he was an ordinary man, but yet, he turned Carthage into a scourge, an Empire that eventually struck at all corners of the Earth, although much of it is gone, the mark Carthage has left on the planet is one that many still remember to this day. The story although quite simple to explain, has plenty of strands under it's string of events that make this tale much more complex as the days pass. Not many Carthaginians understood his pains, but had still followed their master's will to the last period.

Hannibal had thought he would've easily conquered Rome, but as he approaches the great city, he immediately has strange dreams or "premonitions" of the future, all where Rome conquers, or something horrible happening. Hannibal knows that he must find out how this future is happening, he must cheat fate itself if he wishes to see a beautiful Carthage, but can Fate really be cheated? That is all one must ask Hannibal to bring his great tactics to paper, Hannibal may have loyal soldiers and the people behind him, but when mighty Baal questions his actions and abilities, Hannibal's days might be numbered. But for now, Hannibal's great victories have delayed his inevitable demise.

Can Hannibal appease the gods and bring glory to the already prestigious Carthaginian Name?

My Third AAR, put a lot much more work in this one then I did to Arnor, so I got my confidence for this one.
    Last edited by Oxode; February 11, 2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Fixing one spelling mistake

Artifex

Home to Midgard

Author: Maltacus
    Game: Medieval II Total War
    Mod: Third Age Total War with Forgotten Realms of Middle Eart Submod
    Faction: Dwarves of Erebor

Runar and Halvdan, the pride of the Dwarves of Erebor's diplomatic and spying part, set out on a long journey to find clues of the mysterious world of Midgard. In the meantime, just to pass the time, they negotiate trade agreements and alliances with other factions and spy on various things. Many dangers await in the world of Middle Earth, ranging from arrogant elves to savage orcs, mad wizards and power-hungry hobbits. While they are away, the rest of the dwarves find themselves in an increasingly complicated position as their allies are invaded by Saurons minions.

Of all the foul thing in the deep places of the earth there are perhaps none so terrifying as the Witch-Queen of Angmar, which the protagonists have the questionable pleasure of encountering.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Maltacus; February 10, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

The Hungarian domination of Europe

Author: Supermoler

Game: Napoleon: Total War

mod: Napoleon Total Factions (NTF)

Faction: Hungary

Description: A small, undeveloped country in east-europe tries to survive between strong empires. But with courageous fighting, even the smallest nation can be victor. Read on for epic battles against the coalition and for the rise of an empire!

Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR

Mod: Stainless Steel 6.1 / Sicilian Vespers 3.3
    Faction: The Kingdom of Jerusalem / Kingdom of Cyprus
    Campaign Difficulty: Very Hard / Hard
    Battle Difficulty: Very Hard / Hard
    Unit Size: Normal

The Holy Land. The Crusades. The History of these events are well-known as Christendom's attempt to reclaim the city of Jerusalem and its surrounding territories in the name of God. The Kingdom they established there was often known as the Kingdom of Heaven, and it stood for peace and prosperity, a place they believed to be home. Alas, that Kingdom was not meant to last. Or was it? Though the city has been long lost to the crusaders for years, their legacy still lives on generations afterwards through their descendants in the Kingdom of Cyprus.

For years, this small Kingdom has endured while others have fallen. Even now, as Islam seems to enjoy a resurgence of power through the expansionist regimes of the Mamluks, Timurids, and Ottomans, there are those who remain in Cyprus, determined to see the fabled Kingdom of Heaven restored.

But what price are these brave few willing to pay in order to attain a brighter future? What price are these crusaders willing to pay to be finally left at peace in land they can call their own? Come along to see the story of these brave few as they travel a world that has all but forgotten them in search of the path that will lead them to the peace and prosperity they so greatly desire.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

|Shankbot12|
    |M2TW: Stainless Steel 6.4|
    |England|

Volume 1: COMPLETE- Follow William Smith as he helps advise the Kings during the early days of the Kingdom.

Volume 2: ONGOING- Ready the diary of Eustace as his life unfolds, and see the world through a bastard's eyes.

Preview
    Volume 2: Securing the Nation - The Diary of a Bastard Chapter 3

We smelt the camp before we saw it, the waste of hundreds of men is a smell hard to miss. Arriving at the main gate we were greeted by a company of Knights, who after some persuasion, agreed to take me to the commander's tent. They said my bodyguard would have to wait here, I gave them orders to get their horses stabled and watered, and then set up camp on the outskirts of the base, well away from the latrines.

At the commanders tent Lord Thomas Mountford greeted me warmly enough. 'Ah, so you're young Eustace, it's a pleasure to finally meet you after hearing so much about you from your farther.'

'The pleasure is all mine, m'lord,' I replied, slightly worried at what my farther had said. 'Now if you excuse me for being abrupt, but we were about to convene a meeting about our next move. You are welcome to join us, or if you prefer, you can get yourself settled and I'll brief you later.'

'Lead the way,' I answered. With that he turned around and walked out of the tent. Following as best I could through the various different parts of the camp, until we arrived at another, larger, tent. Lord Mountford gestured for me to enter. I lifted the flaps of the tent open and walked in expecting to see a few high-ranking Lords, instead sitting out before me must have been each of Captain of the entire army. 'So the Bastard of Brittany has come to join us!' A voice called out from the back. 'Shut up Gerard!' another voice responded before I had the chance to. 'Sorry about that, as you can expect some of the men are a bit resentful of having a bastard command them.' I just nodded in agreement, I've had worse insults before. 'Them lot will sort themselves out soon enough, once they've seen you in battle,' he said, pointing his thumb at the captains behind him. 'I'm Walter Mountford by the way,' extending his hand towards me. 'Eustace Radcliffe, m'lord' I replied shaking his hand. 'Right, enough chit-chat, we've got business to attend to,' Lord Mountford Senior rumbled from the back of the tent, 'Take a seat everyone, take a seat. Now I know all of you are wondering what my plans are concerning the current campaign, and I am pleased to announce are next target will be...'

Silence

'Paris!' A roar of approval went up from the men. Mountford indulged them for a minute and then silenced them with his hand, 'Pick up your orders on the way out, we march first thing in the morning.' Another roar of approval. 'Eustace, Walter say behind, the rest of you dismissed!' With that the Captains got up and filed out of the tent, all talking about the coming attack on Paris. When the rest of the men had gone, Lord Mountford turned to me and said...

THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Author: La coupe est pleine

Game: Medieval 2 total War

Mod: DLV 6.2

Faction: Royaume de France

I’m Philippe.
    Philippe Capet, adoptive son of the French King. However, my real name is Muhammad Sahadeddine. I’ve been adopted because of an amazing coincidence. I hope to become soon a hero of Chivalry, and help the poor and the orphans.
    I know, I’ve read a lot of hero stories, but I’m a dreamer…

Let's follow the epic adventure of an eastern son, lost in a western land.

Could he reach glory through epic battles and choices?
    Or should he resign to accept a miserable fate everyone wants him to follow?

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

It's that time of the year again!

- AAR: Julian, The Savior of Rome?

- Author: Knonfoda

- Mod: Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Iuliani Apostatae

- Aim: To usher in a new era of glory for the Roman Empire

- Preview:

Available here: Julian, The Saviof Of Rome?

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Title: To Conquer the World for Islam
    Author: Scottish King
    Mod: Vanilla/SS 6.3 for Custom Battles
    Faction: The Moors

Description: The Moorish Empire has lasted for 12 years after its formation in peace. Now France has become aggressive with the Moors responding likewise, as the war begins to heat up. But not everyone aims for the same goals. Many would like to see both nations embroiled in war so that they may achieve their own sinister end. Will the Moors find out before its too late, or are the conspirators too good to be found out?
    Last edited by Scottish King; February 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)