Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.1

Played to 1230, still no Mongols. It DID work in 2.3.2, but in 2.3.2.1 the Mongols do not invade. I have tried several campaings already but to no effect.
    RTR VII Team member/Sarmatae archaeologist

can anyone fix Georgian Generals? They'r Units are Mona-spa archers They Must be Some have cavalry unit

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Orthanner View Post
    Played to 1230, still no Mongols. It DID work in 2.3.2, but in 2.3.2.1 the Mongols do not invade. I have tried several campaings already but to no effect.
    I have no idea what would be wrong, as both versions of campaign_script.txt are just the same in regards to Mongol invasion. I'll run a campaign this weekend (maybe tomorrow) to check that.

Are you sure that you are not using any submods or that you haven't modified the script?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

@wudang_clown
    Yes, I am. I played initially 2.3.2 and the Mongols did spawn but then I faced the AI money script bug. After that I updated to 2.3.2.1 and started a new campaign. 1225, no Mongols. I tried to delete map.rwm and start a new campaign, but it only slightly increased the aggressiveness of the existing factions (yet in plain old 2.3 AI was way smarter - in 2.3.2.1 some factions are a bit too inept (Khwarezm, the Imamate of Oman and the Mamlakate of Sindh for example)). Now I have passed 1230 with no Mongols.

I checked this and in my test campaign Mongols came in 1219. There is no bug on my end, so I assume there is one on yours. Right now, I have no other explanation of your problem.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; March 16, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

I checked and today and had the Mongols invade in 1221. I sped through turns playing as Kwarzem and immediately became subordinate to Seljuks of Iraq just to safely speed through the turns.

Repeat - Playing 2.3.2.1 I got Mongols in 1221. I installed 2.3.2 directly over my 2.3, and installed the patch on that. Fired up and played.

I have installed the mod as directed, I also added the quickfix as directed. The mod ran fine for me.
    However, at the end of turn 57, the game seems to crash either when its the Chauhan Rajput's turn, or going from the Rajput's turn to the Rebel's turn.

I have included a link to the save file of the game/campaign in question to show you what I mean:
    http://www.filedropper.com/ghuridsm-h

I can't use the save, because my BC installation is heavily modified. You have to recreate the CTD and copy&paste here contents of your bc_log.txt

I just searched my entire Broken Crescent folder (including the parent directory with all of the Medieval II/Kingdoms files) and couldn't find bc_log.txt. I searched for *.txt and it wasn't in there, either.
    Is it stored in my user's folder or something? That said, I couldn't find it in there, either. Is the actual name of the file in question something different, perhaps?

Any logs are stored in M2TW/logs directory.

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    I just searched my entire Broken Crescent folder (including the parent directory with all of the Medieval II/Kingdoms files) and couldn't find bc_log.txt. I searched for *.txt and it wasn't in there, either.
    Is it stored in my user's folder or something? That said, I couldn't find it in there, either. Is the actual name of the file in question something different, perhaps?
    It should be in logs folder under M2 root. However, in my case for instance script counter log is empty...

Well that is bizarre. I was playing another campaign for a while with no problems. Then I came back here to check the posts and saw what you'd said about the logs folder. I went into the M2 folder and it was there, but it would have had the log info from the game I was playing that worked. But then after running BC again with the broken save file/campaign, I came back and the log folder was gone.

I'm going to try it again and see if it provides a log.

Edit: Ok, it seems to be producing a log file, now. I've attached it to this post. I know it isn't specifically called "bc_log.txt". But it's the only file that was in the logs folder.
    Last edited by kdub22; March 18, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

This log suggests that you have Kingdoms expansion v. 1.04, while you are supposed to upgrade it to 1.05 before installing Broken Crescent. It may be a source of your problem. Other than that the log says nothing useful.

Odd. I could have sworn that I'd updated it to 1.05 ages ago.

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

Clean install solved the problem. Really strange, but it finally works!

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2

Quickfix 2.3.2.2 released!

It fixes few wrongly assigned settlements in Garrisons script. It contains all previous fixes. It is not savegame compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    This log suggests that you have Kingdoms expansion v. 1.04, while you are supposed to upgrade it to 1.05 before installing Broken Crescent. It may be a source of your problem. Other than that the log says nothing useful.
    It looks like this may have been the case. I have since updated to v. 1.05 and will reinstall BC soon to see how it goes.

Edit: Seems to be working just fine, now.
    Last edited by kdub22; March 27, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    Something that's always bugged me is that for EVERY descriptive text that has paragraphs, you're using /n instead of \n. This has been around for years in the mod and no one's bothered to fix it. If no one will, I can take care of the problem for you in 5 minutes or less with notepad++'s replace across files feature and post the corrected files here. Not a big deal (game balance and CTDs are more important to fix), but it's blatant, you can see it everywhere, and is really easy to fix.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Good to see that the mod is still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    You're right. Fix it, if you wish, that would be nice.
    Actually, it turns out there's no "fixing" required. All you have to do is go into ..\medieval ii total war\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\text and delete ALL of the *.bin files. The game engine will recreate them and properly add the correct spacing in the text boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoyard View Post
    Are you on the Paradox forums, too?
    Yes. I have the same username there.

What about the overpowerd Roman Empire where this fixed too?

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by AlShareefBOSNA View Post
    What about the overpowerd Roman Empire where this fixed too?
    yes