Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2

Is Saladin not in this mod? :/ I'm up to 1210 AD and I haven't seen him once, and the Ayyubids seem like they've almost been wiped out by the Mankourians. I also made a quick Ayyubids campaign and noticed he isn't anywhere there either...

I know he's mentioned early on, but he is not an actual playable character/enemy in the game? I saw him within like the first 10-15 turns in the vanilla campaign, lol.

No Richard the Lionheart either?

oops, did not realize that Sultan Yusuf = Salahuddin until now. My bad. What about King Richard though?

I'm playing with the 2.3.2.2 quickfix, but I just got hit with the money script bug on turn 126. I went from earning 14,000 per turn to losing 50,000 per turn.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Hi everyone, I'm playing BC fully updated with all patches to 2.3.2.2, and it was working totally fine, and I even managed to fix some issues I had, but now i'm having an issue, and i'm positive as to what is causing it, though I don't know exactly in my script where the mistake was made. I've put a lot of work into the exp_descr_unit file, but their is definitely a mistake in that, that is causing the game to crash quickly, with no error message, a few seconds after showing the 1st BC screen after starting BC 2.3.2.2. This only started happening after I edited my exp_descr_unit file just today. I've attached my exp_descr_unit file, if anyone can take a look and see where I went wrong, causing the game to crash. It was working for months totally fine after I had made many edits before, until today when I edited a few things again. I always make edits, but a couple edits today screwed it up.

Much appreciation to whomever can help me with this issue.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

King Richard comes. He comes after one of the Holy Land Crusades are launched. Keep your eye on the Levant after Crusades are launched. He's still walkin around in my game lol.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Could anyone reupload the patch and quickfix. I'm getting problems too so it wasn't just problems on the other peoples' end. When I click on it, all it does is open up a blank screen.
    Last edited by alpav; September 15, 2013 at 09:12 PM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

I've just checked it and both files can be normally downloaded.

Try to download them in a different browser, perhaps?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Weird, it doesn't work in Chrome but does in IE. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by alpav View Post
    Weird, it doesn't work in Chrome but does in IE. No worries.
    I was catching hell trying to download them using Firefox. Try right clicking on the files and click "save link (or file) as" and that should hopefully do the trick. Otherwise you may get some weird tiny 1 pixel file ..... strange. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; November 19, 2013 at 07:39 PM.

I did try everything but only using IE worked. Whatever I tried with Chrome, it would only open up a blank page. :/

Using Chrome if you right-click it and open in a new tab, that worked for me.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Using Chrome if you right-click it and open in a new tab, that worked for me.
    doesn't work, tried and tried different browsers blank page or gif files... all I get, can these files not being put on moddb? Since all this server issues?
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

I'm not very good at installing mods, but when i managed to get this one going. Wow, The actual battles are awesome, sometimes they take almost a hour. Which i'm really enjoying.

One of my favourite mods
    AHH! Rattus Vulgaris! (The Siberian Hamster.) - Nightshade (NES)

great mod..........

I can´t download 2.3.2 either with Opera nor with IE, i have a windows 8 with latest updates. Please make a easier download path, such as deposit file or smth. This TW path is broken or not compatible!

Saintmeran there is a torrent file available and several seeders - you can try that - all you need is a torrent program.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

can someone help me install this mod, i have the steam version of m2tw and the kingdoms expansion and i dont know what on earth i should be doing, thanks
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

@Kamikazee786

I hope by now you have figured it out but if not then i will explain my method of doing this. be patient and also be prepared to use your head ;D

Step one. Have some kind of bittorrent thing such as Utorrent.

Step two. download the torrent from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AND-!DOWNLOAD! specifically here " http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?file=BC%202.3 "

Step Three. make sure that when it says do you want to download to blah blah sega blah blah total war kingdoms. make sure to highlight that and simply copy and past this " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent "

Step Four. now that it is in your mod folder (if you can not find this folder simply go to steam right click the game click properties it will take you to a another window you then click on the third tab that says " Local Files" then click Browse local files. It should open a folder then simply find mod's.) Simply Rename Broken_Crescent to one of the kingdom campaigns you hate or never play like Americas or Crusades. and make sure to change the original to something like this Crusades.2.

Step Five. make sure to test it out by opening up kingdoms clicking on whatever one u have chosen and BAM it should work.

Step Six. NOW upload the update 2.3.2 and the patch. into the same folder that holds ur broken crescent stuff and ur good.

If you do not understand my explaination watch this and simply pretend the guy is talking about broken crescent rather than third age because it still works and applies. AND FYI ignore the MOS stuff just focus on the part where he changes the mod's name as i attempted to describe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvwMxF0-Fc if you can't watch the video type this in youtube "How to install Third Age Total War + MOS! lionheartx10"

Good luck and most likely next time ask this in the tech forum but personal and remember I do not speak for anyone but myself I tend to get nervous and confused with that thread area so I understand your plight.

@Kamikazee786

Oops Minor correction 2.3.2 and the quick fix should be downloaded to here
    " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War "

Sorry I had a brain fart D: