Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3.2 RELEASE + quickfix 2.3.2.2

You can compress it and attach it.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    You can compress it and attach it.
    Sure thing. Here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

There are a bunch of errors due to unit ownership, but I don't think those are the problem. You said this crash occurs only in big battles. It happens with all factions, just as long as there are a lot of units involved?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

There are a bunch of errors due to unit ownership, but I don't think those are the problem. You said this crash occurs only in big battles. It happens with all factions, just as long as there are a lot of units involved?
    Well it only happens during the campaign. I can play custom battles, any amount of units, just fine. However on the campaign map, any battle, any size, won't work.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

No battle at all will work?

I'm afraid you will need Gigantus for this. You should post this problem in the Bug forum.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

No battle at all will work?

I'm afraid you will need Gigantus for this. You should post this problem in the Bug forum.
    Well I just restarted my campaign (sucks. I took over Indian and the entire middle east, except anatolia and the northern armenian/khwarezm regions), and now the campaign battles are working. It has to be something with the save file getting too big, or a glitch happening with too much memory. I notice that it only messes up when I progress deeply into the campaign, which totally sucks.

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Too much memory? Not too little?

How big was the save file?

Hi there - enjoying this awesome mod aside from just a few minor issues I have noticed:

I'm not getting any victory music when winning battles; only after I have exited and returned to the campaign/map screen. Currently playing the KoJ campaign and admittedly I haven't played much yet but I assume that is not normal? The deafening silence after taking Damascus was a little unnerving, heh...

also, during battles Balian of Ibelin's portrait picture is missing/not showing on the ally screen. Maybe I have corrupt install or something...?

aside from a few minor typos/spelling errors in some of the texts, no other problems aside from those two things, really great mod.

Hi its maybe a stypid question but how can I install the 2.3.2 patch?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Too much memory? Not too little?

How big was the save file?
    Damn. I already had deleted the save file when I started my new game.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by the memory statement? I don't understand...

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Quote Originally Posted by Ayyubid
    or a glitch happening with too much memory
    I've heard of crashes occurring when the computer was trying to process too much at once, so I thought you meant your computer ran out of RAM.

Well, at least your log is still available, but I would reupload it in the Bug forum so wudang or Gigantus will see it and have a look at it.

"Hi its maybe a stypid question but how can I install the 2.3.2 patch?"

It says on the first page of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown
    Installation instructions Installation instructions are simple:

Requirements: You have to have a clean Broken Crescent 2.3 installation. Download BC 2.3.2 - it's attached to this post!

Installation:

Just unpack the installer and run it as administrator.

It will automatically find a path to your main M2TW directory, e.g. C:\Medieval 2 Total War.

DO NOT change installation directory to \mods directory, because the patch will not work this way. Let the installer do its job. After installation is complete, just launch Broken Crescent by clicking at old BC shortcut (2.3.2 has no new shortcuts).

Attention: Installer uses only English name of Program Files directory, regardless of language version of your MS Windows. If you have language version of MS Windows different than English (or different than those which still uses English name of Program Files), don't worry! The patch will be installed into your Programmer/Programmes/Programme/Programmi/Programfiler/Arquivos de Programas/Fisiere Program/Archivos de programa/Program anyway!

Attention: BC 2.3.2 is not savegame compatible with BC 2.3. You have to start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by deeviusnz View Post
    also, during battles Balian of Ibelin's portrait picture is missing/not showing on the ally screen. Maybe I have corrupt install or something...?
    actually, scratch this - it's any Allies/reinforcement portrait picture is not showing during battles......

Hi,I'm playing broken crescent 2.3 but how can I install the patch 2.3.2?

By reading what's posted in this thread.

"it's any Allies/reinforcement portrait picture is not showing during battles"

When were those pictures ever shown during battles? I don't remember it ever being the case.

Well, it shows them during the regular (unmodded) campaigns, so... (usually on the top right corner of the screen, as long as you set your reinforcements to AI controlled I think)

And you set them the same way now?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Sure thing. Thanks for all your help k/t

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Oh yeah, last question. Do you know where the bugs forum is for BC?

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

"Sure thing."

I don't know what you're referring to. I was asking the other guy.

It's one of the Sub-Forums, at the top of the page, below the Announcements.