Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Battle of Hastings.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Battle of Hastings.

For days, Aaron Hansen had rode southward from Yorkshire when he heard the news of battle. When he arrived at the field, he marveled from a nearby hilltop at the carnage.

At once he noticed the foreign Norman banners that he had heard of in stories, and rode his horse slowly (so as not to appear hostile) toward their encampment. He soon arrived, searching for answers as to what happened -- but he was smart enough to keep a hand on his blade's hilt in case he was attacked.

He cried out in a heavy Danish accent, "Hello?"

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ooc- Woops

"It is an honour to serve under you my Lord." William nodded
    ...treasure, pleasure, leisure, les yeux;
    It's all in your eyes.

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Storm View Post
    ooc- Woops

"It is an honour to serve under you my Lord." William nodded
    Richard smiled and sat again with the soldiers near the fireplace. Sit down, eat, drink, warm yourself up... Tomorrow will be a long day.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Sandor Clegane helps bury the saxon dead. Sandor was covered in the blood and gore of dozens of dead saxons, but he refuses to retire to his tent until the last Norman Soldgier can do the same.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Guy Blackmon had been disturbed from his nap. "Dammit..." He muttered, and off in the distance was a brown speck- no, that was a man mounted atop a horse. He was calling out to the Normans' camp...

Guy went out to greet the newcomer. "Have you come for the battle? Because we have just won the war mate..." He said, "You have any beer on you by any chance?"

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Aaron looked upon the man with confusion, but he took his hand off of his blade's hilt and dismounted.

"Hail. I don't have beer, no, but I would like to know what happened here, exactly. I am Aaron. Are you a Norman?"

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

The man's old english was difficult for Guy to decipher, but thankfully there was a nearby Saxon turncoat to help translate.

"Ah well, there was a battle here, the glorious armies of the Normans have begun to conquer England, the Saxons have been routed and we march on Westminster as we speak. Perhaps you'd like to join me?" (Moving to the March on Westminster thread, under The Realm.)

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Finished with his nap, Simon returned to camp to find something to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Kenneth yawned as he looked over to the right. His friends were a few centimeters away from the super heated rocks that were formed around the campfire. Unlike him, his comrades had went through a lot in the first wave, a lot of friends were lost, a lot of wounds were gained, and a lot of people were broken. Kenneth was too busy with attending to the wounded in the midst of the battle to actually fight. But he decided to force his role onto one of his peers, Kenneth didn't sign up just to drag the soon to be dead out of the battle, he signed up to fight. Deciding he needed to stop thinking and sleep more, Kenneth slowly closed his eyes, resting his round shield against his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Finished with his nap, Simon returned to camp to find something to eat.
    The Duke was with his men, and as he saw the man come he handed him a mug of wine. Sit, soldier, and have something to drink and eat.

Hours later, after seeing that the last of his soldgiers could leave, Sandor washes up a little and goes to the Dukes tent and asks to come in
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn
    The Duke was with his men, and as he saw the man come he handed him a mug of wine. Sit, soldier, and have something to drink and eat
    Simon, clearly quite surprised that the King/Duke was speaking to him, sat meekly by the fire.

"Er, why thank you your majesty. I am quite thirsty."
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    Hours later, after seeing that the last of his soldgiers could leave, Sandor washes up a little and goes to the Dukes tent and asks to come in
    The Duke was drinking with his men, close to the fireplace. When he saw Sandor he asked him to sit beside him. Hail Sandor! Come here and tell me of your deeds. You have killed many a man from what I've seen and heard.

Simon, clearly quite surprised that the King/Duke was speaking to him, sat meekly by the fire.

"Er, why thank you your majesty. I am quite thirsty."
    I saw you in one of the charges against the Saxons... You demonstrated great bravery. Said the Duke.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Odo wheels his horse and goes over to the prisoners he looks at those who would not be able to afford a ransom of any kind. He looks to some men and orders them to chop of the left foot of all those men.See what happens to those who face the Normans. He talks to the men who feet will be chopped.

I am a man of god and thus I will be merciful since none of you can pay money normally you would be slaughtered to the man. However I am merciful so I will mearly take one limb. Go forth to your villages and tell all of my mercy.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    I saw you in one of the charges against the Saxons... You demonstrated great bravery. Said the Duke.
    "I did my best to serve you, milord."
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

OOC: *God

Harald looks around, and seeing that nobody is left to kill pulls out some beer from his pants (OOC: You don't want to know), and gets drunk again.

Then he goes around to the camp to look for beer, a translator, and possibly the Duke.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; February 03, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

"I did my best to serve you, milord."
    And is doing a damn good job... Said Richard. He got up. What's your name, soldier?

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

OOC: Bjorn, I doubt you saw, but I'd like to talk to you after you're done.

Sandor Bows his head slightly and sits beside the Duke. "Aye, Lord, I killed men. I saw Men, saxon men, My own people fighting for their wives and mulling infants, for their 'freedom' and I Hacked them apart and got their entrails all over my Bloody clothes. Thats the deeds I did today, Duke. and its deeds like that I've done since I was a boy, and shall do till I die and go to hell. But I'm less than Unimportant. So Tell me, My lord, what have you done today? tell me of your deeds" Sandor said Taking a draght of ale "For today, while us Lesser men, who will be forgotten by their own families before their even dead fight and die, you make history. today, I'm Sandor Clegane, the Hound, Slayer of Men. Tomorrow, I will be a rotting corps. but you, they'll always remember you."