Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Battle of Hastings.

Vašarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Battle of Hastings.

harald was wounded. He had lost his horse and was slowly making his way back to camp.
    Last edited by Vašarholmr; May 05, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] žvķ aš meš lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi meš ólögum eyša.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaķth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    nķ įgor réimm mora minn
    dond lįechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    Roger saw Duke Richard calling up the men, their retreat had made many of the saxons run downhill, in search of killing the Duke. Now was the time for the final attack!

Richard blew his horn, for all to see as the saxons went after him and his men. Calling for his men to do the fatal blow and engulf the enemy.
    Though his strength was draining, Roger summoned the courage to charge onward. The final assault was but a haze in his memory - he had no recollection of when he went down; only that he fought valiantly and killed as many as he could, until he could go on no longer.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hours later, several of Roger's friends, including his brother Gilbert, found him laying beneath a pile of Saxon corpses. After they pulled him to his feet, de Vernon howled in pain - his left leg was injured from the weight of the bodies atop him, and he was fortunate that it would not have to be cut off, though he would surely limp for some time. His arms on the shoulders of his younger brothers, Roger was soon brought to where the Duke and his men were drinking.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Shadow141's Avatar Ordinarius

Alan was still lying with the rest of the wounded in a field hospital. When the doctors brought the food and wine to them. The Duke sent this for his wounded. In the hospital, all who had the strength rose to toast to their future king and the victory gained today.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

On the morrow, Harald sets out to find Richard and talk.

Bjorn's Avatar Praefectus

OOC: Sooo many threads... sooo many posts D: Im... confused lol

Quote Originally Posted by KoS View Post
    Though his strength was draining, Roger summoned the courage to charge onward. The final assault was but a haze in his memory - he had no recollection of when he went down; only that he fought valiantly and killed as many as he could, until he could go on no longer.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hours later, several of Roger's friends, including his brother Gilbert, found him laying beneath a pile of Saxon corpses. After they pulled him to his feet, de Vernon howled in pain - his left leg was injured from the weight of the bodies atop him, and he was fortunate that it would not have to be cut off, though he would surely limp for some time. His arms on the shoulders of his younger brothers, Roger was soon brought to where the Duke and his men were drinking.
    Roger was given a seat among the warriors and had his chance to tell of his deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Good day Richard my brother. Today is indeed a good day. The Saxons are routed that pretender is dead. What are we to do now?
    Now... Said Richard. We take the throne and divide the lands. He smiled. Im gonna give you a piece of land as well brother, but it will not be hereditary mind you, since you are a man of the cloth. When you die, it will pass back to the Crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Raglan View Post
    ooc can i say how much i hate it when stuff happens while i'm asleep!

ic; Giles finished seeing to his men. Calling many who had answered his call to arms by name knighting a few who had shown courage and generally seeing to his men. As the night nears its end, he finishes, and makes his way to Richard, seeking a seat by the fire and an ale to drink. God his blood is up. Its a shame there are no camp followers his thinks, a good girl is exactly what he wants right now.
    The Duke called for Giles to sit beside him. This here, gentlemen, is a man of worth! Tell them of your deeds, good Count, so that they may learn from your example!

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post

After a few minutes of searching, he found Richard and dismounted, his men following suite. Bowing, he addressed the new king, too tired for his usual boisterousness.
    Sire, we have won. What would you have me do?
    I'd have you sit here with me and the soldiers, and drink and rest. You have fought much, good sir, and deserve some rest and the heat of a fireplace. Said Richard.

OOC: Forgot me.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Roger was given a seat among the warriors and had his chance to tell of his deeds.
    Roger, a man in the prime of life, felt he had aged a decade that day. Physical wounds notwithstanding, he had killed many men - many more than he thought he ever would in his life. And merely at the first skirmish of a grand campaign. Clearing his voice, Roger spoke.

Brothers of Normandy, of England... I am glad to have fought at your side so honourably to-day. Many brave Saxons have been slain this day, more than a few at my own sword. But they have taken noble warriors from us as well. My brother Robert, before my own eyes. After that terrible sight... I fought for revenge. For my own revenge against these barbarous Vikings, for the revenge of our glorious Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Arthur XXVI, Pendragon View Post
    On the morrow, Harald sets out to find Richard and talk.
    ooc: Sorry lol

Richard was marching together with the men, on his horse. When he saw Harald he greeted him. Hail, soldier. You were to tell me your tale today, aye?

Roger, a man in the prime of life, felt he had aged a decade that day. Physical wounds notwithstanding, he had killed many men - many more than he thought he ever would in his life. And merely at the first skirmish of a grand campaign. Clearing his voice, Roger spoke.

Brothers of Normandy, of England... I am glad to have fought at your side so honourably to-day. Many brave Saxons have been slain this day, more than a few at my own sword. But they have taken noble warriors from us as well. My brother Robert, before my own eyes. After that terrible sight... I fought for revenge. For my own revenge against these barbarous Vikings, for the revenge of our glorious Duke!
    All hailed that and drank to it. The Duke himself said Here here! and drank in respect of the dead and the loyal living men. You have served me well, tell me sir what is your lineage?

OOC: Aye, but tomorrow. Remind me.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

All hailed that and drank to it. The Duke himself said Here here! and drank in respect of the dead and the loyal living men. You have served me well, tell me sir what is your lineage?
    He bowed and drank before speaking.

I am Roger de Vernon, of Rosay, Upper Normandy. My father Guillaume, who died last year, was your butcher. My elder brother has given his life in your service, and I have a family to provide for. Let me thus serve you doubly, lord.

He bowed and drank before speaking.

I am Roger de Vernon, of Rosay, Upper Normandy. My father Guillaume, who died last year, was your butcher. My elder brother has given his life in your service, and I have a family to provide for. Let me thus serve you doubly, lord.
    Then let the son of a butcher find himself a lord. Said Richard with a smile. After my throne is secured, I shall give you land and your descendants will have the pride, when asked of their lineage, to say "I came from Roger de Vernon, Lord of England, who fought bravely in the service of King Richard I".

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

I thank you for your nobility and generosity, my honoured lord. I have an infant daughter back in Normandy, but I will honour my first-born son with your victorious name!

After a few hours in a field hospital Alan decides to find Richard and talk.

Majonga's Avatar Primicerius

Jean de Rouen and his men depart Hastings with Sir Robert and move off to attack Essex.

(ooc: Leaves thread)
    "All warfare is based on deception. Hence: when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." - Sun Tzu

I thank you for your nobility and generosity, my honoured lord. I have an infant daughter back in Normandy, but I will honour my first-born son with your victorious name!
    That would honor me greatly. Sair Richard with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow141 View Post
    After a few hours in a field hospital Alan decides to find Richard and talk.
    Richard was with his men, preparing for the day's march. When he saw the man coming to him he greeted him. Hail, sir, hor fares thee?

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Now... Said Richard. We take the throne and divide the lands. He smiled. Im gonna give you a piece of land as well brother, but it will not be hereditary mind you, since you are a man of the cloth. When you die, it will pass back to the Crown.
    T
    I shall serve the land and the people and ensure that whomever I rule would never dare rebel for fear of the consequences.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    I shall serve the land and the people and ensure that whomever I rule would never dare rebel for fear of the consequences.
    Im sure you will brother. Said the King encouragingly.

Richard was with his men, preparing for the day's march. When he saw the man coming to him he greeted him. Hail, sir, hor fares thee?

Alan hardly leaning on a broken leg came up to Duke and bow.

"Greetings my Lord. I came here to congratulate you on your great victory. I hope you did not lost a lot of people today."