Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Default Re: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Yes BiggBudd I don't know why but for some reason It won't let Me through the download site or something. I'm not exactly sure why. Is there some other way or site I can get the Mod??

It's definitely the site because I just tried again, and I get nothing. Is there another site that can host it for download?

It seems that I can download the patch just fine, it's just the Ran no Jidai 2.0 itself that I cannot download.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by BiggBudd View Post
    There is an alt set of cards, I agree, they are difficult to tell who selected.
    Look at Lord ahrens fix. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ord-Ahrens-fix
    Not my taste at all. I really like the new ones with white background, but hate those blood effects.
    I hope someone can upload the same cards without blood.

Greets.

BigBudd I got it to download on another PC. It is beautiful!! You guys are truly Gods amongst mere mortals!

So I played the Mod for about 16 hours, really really love it! Just have some questions.

1. When playing the Takeda, I expanded the territory, got them into a real power-house, then the first daimyo Nobutaro died and the game said I lost. Why is that? Why didn't Takeda Shingen become daimyo and play continued? Is there an issue with the Takeda?

2. Playing as Chosokabe all my samurai have Yakuza working for them, how does that happen? It just all of a sudden appeared on every family member. What triggers that?

3. Lastly a little minor thing, the surname of the samurai are last instead of first. Like for Takeda Shingen he appears in game as Shingen Takeda. Just a minor thing.

Also have you guys considered Yamabushi in real mountainous areas for merc. That would be pretty cool. Anyway awesome Mod love playing it. You guys are great, keep up the amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoritomo Naizen View Post
    So I played the Mod for about 16 hours, really really love it! Just have some questions.

1. When playing the Takeda, I expanded the territory, got them into a real power-house, then the first daimyo Nobutaro died and the game said I lost. Why is that? Why didn't Takeda Shingen become daimyo and play continued? Is there an issue with the Takeda?
    If you have no heir the game is over when the currrent leader dies, if you have no sons you can adopt one.
    2. Playing as Chosokabe all my samurai have Yakuza working for them, how does that happen? It just all of a sudden appeared on every family member. What triggers that?
    If you build gambling houses or a geisha house they will eventuly arrive to any familly members or generals that STAY without moving.
    3. Lastly a little minor thing, the surname of the samurai are last instead of first. Like for Takeda Shingen he appears in game as Shingen Takeda. Just a minor thing.

Also have you guys considered Yamabushi in real mountainous areas for merc. That would be pretty cool. Anyway awesome Mod love playing it. You guys are great, keep up the amazing work!
    No but if you send a link or post up a post about him i'll have a look.
    Last edited by BiggBudd; March 22, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Awesome man will do. Just another small thing I noticed. I'm hopefully not annoying you, I just love this era of Japanese history, and have done tons of research on it.

All the Shimazu line were Buddhist, you guys have them in the game as Christian along with the Ouchi. The Shimazu and Ouchi are both Buddhist, they had Christian converts, however their samurai familial lines were all Buddhist. In fact the famous four Shimazu samurai brothers were Buddhist like their father, and Yoshihisa is said that he considered himself like the Buddhist incarnation of the Guardian of the West. The Ouchi were Buddhist as well. The Otomo did have the first Christian Daimyo Otomo Sorin, so Otomo as Christian is cool, but I would either change or have a dual Christian Buddhist choice for the Shimazu and Ouchi. In fact when I played Shimazu today I wanted to change them to Buddhist, but couldn't build a Buddhist shrine or temple.

Favorite unit is No Dachi... Just awesome....

Thanks so much for responding... Gonna retry the Takeda!!

Well I don't know how we missed that one! But am a little confused as I thought the Portuguese traded muskets for Christianity first, then the dutch arrived and sold them to anyone, then some time after the Japanese where able to manufacture their own?
    Yet the Shimazu where the first to use them?
    Did they buy them or make them?
    My recent research uncovered this gem;
    "Toyotomi taught if the canary does not sing, kill it.
    Tokugawa taught if the canary does not sing, be patient.
    The Ito say if the canary does not sing, teach it.
    The Shimazu say if the canary does not sing, bribe it.
    So I guess they just bribed the technology?

I will make another patch and make the Shimazu Buddhist, and give them the ability to manufacture muskets without Portuguese trade.
    I have given most clans the ability to change religion, Should this be the case with the Shimazu? Or where they purely just Buddhist?

The Shimazu Samurai and all of their retainers were Buddhist along with the Ouchi. What happened was the Ouchi thought the Portuguese priests were Buddhists of another sect from India, and the Portuguese never corrected the error, and in some cases played along with the Ouchi ideal. Originally though the Shimazu did buy the guns from the Portuguese for a hefty amount of gold bars! The odd thing is, is that while the Samurai and nobles did not convert, the peasants heimin, etc. did convert. especially in Ouchi lands and Otomo lands. The Samurai labeled Christianity as a peasant religion, and were super pissed that is wasn't a sect of Buddhism once they learned of the aspects of the religion. The small island of Tanegashima were the first Samurai to use guns, which intrigued the Shimazu, resulting in the Shimazu becoming gun crazy.
    The Otomo Clan were the first clan to have actual nobles and Samurai convert to Christianity, with Otomo Sorin as their most famous member to convert. He even started to wear western fashions instead of kimono's and other Japanese fashion.

Also concerning Yamabushi, something I mentioned before. Yamabushi or Shugenja were a type of Shinto priest who worshipped and protected forests and mountains, and practiced a set of rituals and ideals that many have related to western Druidism of Brahminism in India. They were famous for their use of Naginata, No-Dachi (which they called mountain swords), and the large studded club the Tetsubo or Kanabo. They wore four red pom poms, two on the left and two on the right side of their chest. They also wore a small cone like hat attached by strings to their heads. They would be the Shinto equivalent to Warrior Monks, and were feared for their fighting techniques. They would be a most welcome addition to your game, especially with the Tetsubo!

Samurai also used the Tetsubo as well, along with warrior monks, and it was a great shock weapon. It's a large heavy club studded with Iron or Brass, some were just staves that were wider at one end than the other. BUt others were actual large clubs. Also large wooden hammers were used by both samurai and peasants and ashigaru, if you want to look into that as well.

For the religion thing I'd just make Shimazu and Ouchi able to be both Christian or Buddhist depending on the person. But both did manufacture guns on their own after gaining them from foreigners. In fact the Ouchi even had primitive three barreled guns from their trade with China during the Onin War!! Way before the other samurai even knew what they were! However they only had about a dozen or so, and were horrible compared to European black powder weapons.

You are right however the Dutch did sell them in great number, but it only took Japanese smiths 3 years to start producing their own copies of European firearms. Incredibly fast for such an intricate machine back in those days.

So the Shimazu start with the ability to manufacture muskets, and have the ability to build christian buildings, but all there lands are Buddhist at start.
    They Ouchi have both Buddhist and Christian lands at start with Portuguese trade to get muskets.
    The Otomo can only build Christian buildings, and also get a christian conversion bonus to convert the locals quicker.
    That better?

You are right however the Dutch did sell them in great number, but it only took Japanese smiths 3 years to start producing their own copies of European firearms. Incredibly fast for such an intricate machine back in those days.
    Have added new building Musketsmith, allows player to build in 3yrs if they have Portuguese trade to copy from.
    Basicly you can either build all the trader buildings and a samurai dojo to get the tech level to build Gunsmiths at huge cities only or if you are trading with the Portuguese you can copy the designs in 3yrs and build the Musketsmiths at city level.
    Last edited by BiggBudd; March 30, 2013 at 03:06 PM.

Yeah Shimazu and Ouchi sounds perfect, so does the Otomo, that's more true to form. That sounds incredibly awesome! I thank you immensely good sir!

The Musketsmith deal sounds awesome to. That's how Oda Nobunaga, and some other samurai lords (Date Masamune, Hojo, etc.) got so many after so much time. Through trade through other Samurai lords, through the Portuguese, the Dutch etc. Oda Nobunaga actually started production of guns after acquiring 3 pieces from another clan. Once Nobunaga found out how long it took to copy the European design, he traded and bought more, because manufacture took to long for him. THat is what helped him in his great battle against the Takeda where He used tons of gunpowder weapons against the Takeda horse. *So that's awesome I love it! Thank you so much for that!

Also One other thing. I started playing the Date Clan, one of my favorites, however Mutsu and Sendai don't have the option to build mines, neither does Satsuma, and Yamaguchi for the Ouchi. Sendai and Mutsu were known for silver and Iron mines. Satsuma and Yamaguchi area for Gold deposits, also for Salt mines. Also the Date Clan doesn't have Date Terumune, Date Masamune's father, he was the man who made the Date stand out in the Sengoku Jidai era, and made the Date so powerful, with Masamune making them even more powerful. That's why Hideyoshi, Ieyasu, and everyone else feared the Date Clan. Just some minor things.

Anyway thank you so much again for listening to my suggestions! I love the Mod and can't stop playing it. I love your Mod more than Shogun II, and would rather player yer Mod! Thank you so much!!

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

This is the map I used for gold/silver mines and trade centers, if you are sure of the locations of other mines post up again where thy should be, pref with map if you got one. Ill add them in nxt patch.

BTW the musketsmith, is 3yrs an average of how long it would take? or should it take longer?
    Last edited by BiggBudd; April 01, 2013 at 02:58 AM.

Also One other thing. I started playing the Date Clan, one of my favorites, however Mutsu and Sendai don't have the option to build mines, neither does Satsuma, and Yamaguchi for the Ouchi. Sendai and Mutsu were known for silver and Iron mines. Satsuma and Yamaguchi area for Gold deposits, also for Salt mines. Also the Date Clan doesn't have Date Terumune, Date Masamune's father, he was the man who made the Date stand out in the Sengoku Jidai era, and made the Date so powerful, with Masamune making them even more powerful. That's why Hideyoshi, Ieyasu, and everyone else feared the Date Clan. Just some minor things.
    If I put a gold mine in Satsuma, that gona make the Shimazu a very powerful clan. You sure?
    Have added a gold mine to Yamaguchi, in the mountains east of city, if you got a map that would help.
    Also silver mine at Sendai, in the mountains east of city, again a map would help.
    Added resource iron to Mutsu, and made Terumune Date leader with Masamune as son and heir.

I really hope your info is accurate, Shimazu as Buddhist was correct, am presuming your correct on other info too. Have kept a folder with ALL the reference material to make the mod to check historical accuracy, any websites or map please forward to add them.

I am right. However you are right to. That may make Shimazu way over powered but I'm not sure. It is only one mine, but that could make alot of cash for Shimazu. I really don't want to screw up the game balance with Shimazu having untold hordes all over the map.

The others sound awesome, and it will put the Ouchi, and Date, in better standings, and Terumune is awesome so that works. I guess skip Shimazu if you think it's to much, I do understand after playing them, and then reading what you said. Everything else seems awesome!

One question though is it normal for the Hojo to become leaderless and Ronin around 1560's? Ujiyasu was on the map, but he didn't rise as leader to the Hojo. This is through the computer playing Hojo not Me, just curious. Everything else is amazing, and I really appreciate you listening to Me thank you!

I'll check for maps. They were still mining iron before the nuclear disaster in Sendai a while ago, so I assume they still mine it today. I will most definitely look for maps with that info, I think they're in one of my many Japan books, or I'll find it online for you.

I think 3 years is golden for muskets yeah. Another question arouse however, why did you guys not start the mod in the late 1400's after the Onin War? Why start in 1520's? It doesn't bother Me I was just curious.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok here's a map showing mines in the 15th - 19th century in lands that are part of the Date, Hojo, Uesugi, Satomi, and very far end of Takeda pretty much. Not much to mine in Japan.

[IMG][/IMG]

And here is Western Honshu, this one I have to apologize for! The Ouchi mined SILVER and traded it with China, among other things for GOLD. I am very sorry about this, and assure you it won't happen again. The Ouchi were the biggest traders to China during the Sengoku Jidai era, and obtained a lot from them. I am very sorry about this once again! However it does show three silver mines, and I think your map only shows one. So now you have all three silver mines for Western Honshu, and the sparse mining of Western Honshu.

Now it says there's Iron Mines in Western Honshu to, but I can't find a map for it. Anyway I do apologize for my mistake, and hope these maps help. Cheers.