Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Default Re: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Just spoted another minor error: On Katana Ashigaru description's, says "Katana Kachi were Ashigaru armed with..." Another thing that i would like to add is a sugestion: maybe you should make another moddel for them. Meybe something more like the ashigaru officer, to distinguish then more from the Kachi. And, if possible, add something more to their description. It's a unique unit. I believe they deserve a special care.

Got it, thanks
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

I would like to suggest to you to make 2d models for the units (or take and rework the ones from Shogun: Total War), that ones appear if you are far away from them, that seems like the unit's models from the first Medieval and Shogun: Total War. This mod seems to have very feew, and that ones it does have are remaining from Barbarian Invasion. That would reduce a lot on open field battles and a bit on sieges (Maybe it's because of the building models, that are incredibly well done, but shouldn't take such a heavy toll on the frame rate). Since this mod is kinda "competing" with Shogun 2, a good strategy would make it more friendly with old computers. That would bring some attention to it.

That's all for now, thanks. Keep the magestic work, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    [...] That would reduce a lot on open field battles and a bit on sieges [...]
    Damm... i didn't put on there the most important word of the post: lag, low frame rate. Using that 2d models for long distances that i said would improve the experience for players with old computers (as me), and would bring more atention to the mod, expecially for players who can't play Shogun 2 (as me). Still... for some reason, most of the problem seems to be on the cities.

Thanks, and sorry for the repost.

Yumi Ikko-Shu, Ikko-Ikki's archers, doesn't seems like the one from the card (older or new card). In battle, they appear as an standard Ashigaru Yumi, wearing red armour. Ikko-Ikki are special to me because they entire basic army consists of unique units and... this is kinda frustating, since they cards models are so well done.
    Lord Ahrens has fixed the problem, will post up another patch at end of week, dont forget to rep him!

Damm... i didn't put on there the most important word of the post: lag, low frame rate. Using that 2d models for long distances that i said would improve the experience for players with old computers (as me), and would bring more atention to the mod, expecially for players who can't play Shogun 2 (as me). Still... for some reason, most of the problem seems to be on the cities.

Thanks, and sorry for the repost.
    Hi just wanted to state that it is impossible to convert them to 2D models for long distances since the model themselves work as CAS 3D images, the issues with lag are in part due to the intricate models themselves. I did decrease the amount per each model in the amount of Kb's so it reduces the lag, but still this is as about as far as I can take it at the moment. Another thing is the gloss maps of the units, this can also cause a drop in frame rate. I did reduce these as well, yet there is still major spikes I see in gameplay when using multi stack armies-so just be patient and maybe we will stumble on something that can finally smooth out the frustrating slowness that plagues the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lord ahrens View Post
    Hi just wanted to state that it is impossible to convert them to 2D models for long distances since the model themselves work as CAS 3D images, the issues with lag are in part due to the intricate models themselves. I did decrease the amount per each model in the amount of Kb's so it reduces the lag, but still this is as about as far as I can take it at the moment. Another thing is the gloss maps of the units, this can also cause a drop in frame rate. I did reduce these as well, yet there is still major spikes I see in gameplay when using multi stack armies-so just be patient and maybe we will stumble on something that can finally smooth out the frustrating slowness that plagues the game.
    It's fine, was just a sugestion. Anyway, it's nice to know that you guys know about the problem and are doing your best to solve it. The lag only kicks hard during sieges, so i believe that should be your priority. Try to do something about the cities models.
    Anyway, i am anxious to see the new patch. Thanks for the hard work, guys. You guys are awesome.

I will stay tunned to new bugs and errors.

Laetus

I have no questions for the mod... but... having the ammunition effect on the matchlock/arqueubuiser units would improve the gameplay quality.

Laetus

it would be great seeing bullets fly out of those muskets...

There is I believe musket balls, there is a button that allows you to follow the ammo, I forget what the default key is, but if you press it it follows your unit, and then follows the ammo when fired.

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Hey there :-) really like this mod so far, thank you for taking the time to make it. That being said, nothing is ever perfect for everyone and i'd like to ask if it's possible to acquire a brighter form of identification between allies and enemies (like in vanilla where you select a unit and it 'illuminates'). The only issue I have is building lag but I see that it has already been addressed :-) other than that i'm really liking this and as i'm writing this i'm wondering, what faction would you recommend to start as (sorry bit off topic there aha)?

Every faction have his own chalenges and advantages, but i believe that, for you to start your game, you should take an small and isolated faction to build your force without too much worries. I would recomend Shimazu, since they don't have any really strong starting enemy. Good luck, and take a look on the Strategy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRainbow View Post
    Hey there :-) really like this mod so far, thank you for taking the time to make it. That being said, nothing is ever perfect for everyone and i'd like to ask if it's possible to acquire a brighter form of identification between allies and enemies (like in vanilla where you select a unit and it 'illuminates'). The only issue I have is building lag but I see that it has already been addressed :-) other than that i'm really liking this and as i'm writing this i'm wondering, what faction would you recommend to start as (sorry bit off topic there aha)?
    As Rodriguesting suggested Shimazu is a good choice, and you get the better exp muskets straight away.
    I also like Date, you get cheap and quicker access to armour, good farms, but you will have to fight off Uesugi clan.

Try using ctrl a, it will highlight only your forces, makes it easy to see who is who.

Ahh I see, cheers for your thoughts about that and apologies for the potentially noobish questions but I gather you can guess the reason aha!

Trust me we all ask noobish questions, even we who are making this mod ask each other really stupid questions all the time. BiggBudd knows exactly what im talking about..lol

enough said, lol

Haha well that's certainly comforting lol. By the way the date general's helmet with the crescent moon thing is real cool but it looks really difficult to wear, surely he cant of fought in that? Oh and I sorted my graphic lag out with the help of lord ahrens lag topic and by lowering the max battle resolution too, works like a dream (terrible simile lol) now thanks :-)

Hmm i need RTW Alexander or BI?

either, RNJ is Bi, but Granto has converted it to Alexander, see stickie's.

Ok, thanks BB!