Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Default Re: RNJ 2.0 General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Thanks for answering my questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggBudd View Post
    - Starting the campaign? When I start the campaign there is no intro but as it loads new game only sound. Is it intended like that, or I’m lacking the video because of something? nope, no video sorry
    No problem, I just thought that is something wrong with video...
    - Religion distribution? Were in that timeframe really provinces in certain regions 100% Shinto, in other Christian and in other Buddhist? It seems to me unusual that e.g. Shimazu are 100% Christian. Were old beliefs really completely suppressed? If not, I would recommend more accurate religion distribution. Yep me too, but thnk its harcoded to start at 100%, will look into it
    I wouldn’t said that is hardcoded because e.g. FA:TW have various culture=religion distribution. Don’t ask me how to do it because I don’t have a clue about moding. If you don’t exactly know how to do it you can always ask here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208

Maybe bigger problem would be finding exact sources for religion distribution in the period? I guess that relatively small percentage of population converted to Catholicism and majority stayed Shinto... Other possible issue could be how that would affect game balance. Many factions would have to fight increased unrest. But, it could be fun...
    - Takeda clan description? It seems to me that something is missing (it starts: “By 1575 the offensive potency...”). Other clan descriptions are longer and begin in different way. nope thats it
    I don’t want to be intrusive, but are you sure? While other clans start with their name, location, background and rise it seems to me that for Takeda it is only described their fall and situation in the game. Like the first part of the description that other factions have is missing. I’m just comparing their faction description with other descriptions.
    - Hygiene buildings? There are no hygiene buildings (sewers, bathhouses ...) in the mod. There is long tradition in Japan of Sento and Onsen. true, Moonmonkey was gona add somemore buldings
    I’m looking forward to new buildings. And when I’m writing about that maybe you could add some kind of academy equivalent or giving their effect to higher level temples?
    - Ainu people? Have you, and if not somehow represent poor Ainu people in the mod (yes, I really feel sorry for them)? Maybe you could introduce some Ainu mercenaries? cant really find any examples in RL, no art etc of them unlike samurai warriors, so I think they are fictional in this time period? please post a link if you got any info on them thou
    I think that you are right. It was already discussed in the forum:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...highlight=ainu

, and conclusion would be the same. It seems that Ainu in that time period didn’t show much initiative besides trading with Honshu and they certainly wouldn’t be used as mercenaries by Japanese. Most of them lived in Hokkaido anyway that isn’t included in the mod.

They resisted Japanese colonisation of Hokkaido and there were few mayor battles:

- Battle of Kosyamain in 1457,
    - Battle of Syaksyain in 1669 and
    - Battle of Kunasiri-Menasi in 1789

and all Ainu people lost.

I guess that my suggestion came from my empathy for them because they are people on the brink of extinction and because of that would like to see them, but there is no really any reason to include them. That would really be contrary to history, so, my bad...
    - Provincial campaign? When I click provincial campaign there is big Rome Total Realism inscription. I know that isn’t supposed to be clicked anyway, but you could remove it. ok this one's a bit too much to bother with
    Of course, sorry for nitpicking.
    Any body at TWC is welcome to modify RNJ and post their work on this forum, if its good its gets in next patch, if you fancy tracking down them peskie roman sayings and changing them dont be shy m8!
    As it is I just found a small error with the TeYari Samurai stats, a small patch will be out soon.
    I would really like to help and could change things over text files, but at the moment I am quite busy with my thesis and had already neglected it (time when you get sick of it...). It would take too much of my time at the moment looking over bunch of files and finding appropriate replacement (e.g. I guess that instead joined manes could go joined forefathers. That would work for all three religions, i guess?). I'm sorry... Once again, good luck with the mod.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; May 28, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Default Re: RNJ General Discussions/Questions/Errors

Yep since 2.3 factions no longer have access to all religions. Oda for example can only build Shinto religious buildings, if you take a settlement with a Buddhist temple that allows Monk warriors, you can train them, you cant upgrade the building however. Is more historic IMHO.
    Will look at the old general movement thing, but seeing I retire them at 50 it doesn't matter to me. Can always make a trait to give them more movement, might even be a hidden age trait, ill have a look.
    Only problem is, Oda can't build ANY religious buildings to replace ones that are different religions then them, even with building Shinto ones.

That and the Oda Clan were renowned for building the first Christian Church in Kyoto, and for accepting Christianity has a whole. I'm just SAYING, if ppl wanted to be historically accurate, they would be on their own. But thanks for answering. You do a lot of work Budd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivmphator View Post
    Only problem is, Oda can't build ANY religious buildings to replace ones that are different religions then them, even with building Shinto ones.

That and the Oda Clan were renowned for building the first Christian Church in Kyoto, and for accepting Christianity has a whole. I'm just SAYING, if ppl wanted to be historically accurate, they would be on their own. But thanks for answering. You do a lot of work Budd.
    Am a bit confused, have just checked my game, Oda can build both types of Shinto and Christian buildings! Only the Buddhist temples are not available to them. Are you using 2.3? If you look at their building browser, you can see at the bottom what they can build.

We do try to be as historical as possible, and appreciate any comments, links.
    Last edited by BiggBudd; May 29, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Am a bit confused, have just checked my game, Oda can build both types of Shinto and Christian buildings! Only the Buddhist temples are not available to them. Are you using 2.3? If you look at their building browser, you can see at the bottom what they can build.

We do try to be as historical as possible, and appreciate any comments, links.
    Conquer a Buddhist town and demolish the Buddhist Temple there. The Oda faction is unable to replace that building at all what so ever. With Shinto OR Christian buildings.

Also I would like to add that the movement problem might be caused by having a general past through a forest or an area without any road. The general seems to slow down even after hes out of there. This ESPECIALLY applies to Shingen Takeda when he hits 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivmphator View Post
    Conquer a Buddhist town and demolish the Buddhist Temple there. The Oda faction is unable to replace that building at all what so ever. With Shinto OR Christian buildings.
    Have just started a Oda campaign, had np destroying a Buddhist temple and building a Shinto one. Try a reinstall m8, u must have a corrupt file.

edit
    Have just found there is an error in edb thou, you should be able to train Buddhist units as Oda if you take an settlement with an Buddhist temple in it, will fix in upcoming patch.
    Last edited by BiggBudd; May 30, 2012 at 02:15 AM.

Hey guys,I just finish my intsalling Ran No jidai 2.0,When i starting to play it and I got this error (=.=)
    Error loading mount database
    Script Error in bi\shogun2/data/desr_mount.txt, At line 218, conlumn 1. Could not find battle model for mount 'taisho horse'.
    Can you tell me how to fix it,i really want to play it so bad (sorry for my bad English)

I got a script error telling that horde_min_units is unavailable. I couldn't even get into the menu.. please help..

Am sorry to hear your problems.
    Have you installed 2.3 ?
    Your errors are unusal, no one else had same problem, try reinstalling, and patching to 2.3
    Last edited by BiggBudd; July 10, 2012 at 04:28 AM.

haha.. thanks for the reply.. I guess I have a bad installer problem. I've redownloaded and reinstalled and it turned out just fine.. I'm sorry, it's been a while since I visited the forum so I've no idea there's a reply at all..
    excellent mods btw, very comprehensive..

anyhow, is there anyway to reduce the lag in the battlemap? I've tried the fix, but it's still too much (the lag, I mean)..

Go to desktop and change Screen resolution, advanced settings, monitor and change to high colour 16 bit, NOT 32 bit true colour.
    Now go to options in game and match settings IE, if desktop = 1600x900 16 bit, then game should be 1600x900x16.
    Now quit game and restart.

man... this is nonsense n stupid all this forums for a game that can't be downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Dragon View Post
    man... this is nonsense n stupid all this forums for a game that can't be downloaded
    mirror 2 works, just checked. Server may have been down for a minute for servicing etc.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

How is it going, Team? I haven't myself seen much activity here since moonmonkey canceled those researchs some months ago.

We all been bizy over the sumner, hence the lack of activity. We will be looking to sort a new map before the mod can expand any further, may need to recruit a mapper to help.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Ah, I see. Very well.

First of all, i am completely new to this forum, but i play Rome: Total War since a long time ago and i really loved this mod, since it added a tactical sense that simply doesn't existed before. I dont know if its needed (or polite) to make a presentation tread or even how, but lets stick to the reasons that i created an account for Total War Center Forums: post some annoying bugs that i found on this wonderfull mod, version 2.31, Lord Ahrens fix.

- Yumi Ikko-Shu, Ikko-Ikki's archers, doesn't seems like the one from the card (older or new card). In battle, they appear as an standard Ashigaru Yumi, wearing red armour. Ikko-Ikki are special to me because they entire basic army consists of unique units and... this is kinda frustating, since they cards models are so well done.
    - Hojo's infantary captain/general moddel is flashing on the battlefield.

That's all for now. Again, thanks for this magnificient mod, and sorry if i didn't showed anything new.

Yep the Ikki-Ikko yumi unit is red, and should be blue as in the card. I am looking into changing it. As for the Hojo general, tis probably a graphic card/driver/setting issue, try diff settings and see if it resolves issue.
    And you more than welcome to comment on the mod, hope to hear from you soon.

I will look forward to this fix, thanks for the answer.
    Another, unrelated to my last reply, matter: i didn't found any strategy guide or tread. Somewhere to discuss about the units, formations, the exact benefits of each faction and etc. There is one and a didn't found, yet? If it is, could someone send me the link? Thanks.

A little thing that i found on Lord Ahrens fix: Uesugi Clan base army didn't got any of the new unit card. Besides that (and the korean mercenaries that, for some reason, i cant find anyewhere on the campaign map. Possibly didn't added yet), the mod seems to be working pretty fine. The sugetions that i have is that you guys make simplified models for the other units (even that i cant believe that all this lag is due to my poor hardware) and may add another ninja clans, like Fuma and Koga. I remember reading somewhere about a Negoro clan, too...
    Thanks.

As for the Koreans (Chosen), they were removed as they never made it to the Japanese mainland in real life. They were made for an map expansion that hasn't got finished, and without a new mapper wont get finished either, shame.
    However, in my personal game I have given the chosen the island north of Uesugi Clan as a base, if you can capture the settlement you can recruit the Chosen rooster of units there, and it has a large gold mine, so it worth taking. Am tempted to release as a addition for peeps who would like to see the new units.