Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Shogun 2: Art of War [1.0.4]

Default Re: Shogun 2: Art of War [1.0.4] *UPDATED*

Is it possible to play this mod in multiplayer if both users have it installed and enabled?

Probably, yes. Don't play Conquest map with it enabled though.

Okay thanks for the answer . I will probably try this sometime next week and be back with the results!

Default Re: Shogun 2: Art of War

2) Sengoku Jidai saw the rise of the Ashigaru class.
    I find it difficult to digest in all the mods around that the unit sizes are comparable (in Radious we have 150 Ashi against 120 Samurai). The clan specific recruitment could come handy though I don't like unit caps at least a size ratio of 1/3 should do. I used to have a table based on historical research with an astounding result of the Hojo right like the Oda using hordes of Ashigaru (I tried to retrieve this study which was posted here on TWC somewhere, I reposted it on S2r+ but can't find it... and I lost my HD last month so I lost all my links...).
    yeah, i know what you mean, for my own sengoku campaigns, i give all ashigaru units 150% of their standard numbers while keeping the costs the same. all the rest (samurai, monks, artillery, special, ...) i keep at standard unit size.

units of 375 ashigaru vs 160 samurai at vanilla cost seems to work great for me. quality armies can outperform large armies and zerg armies can overwhelm quality armies.

and yes, i expect a historical army (by the time of sekigahara) to have at least 2 to 3 times as many ashigaru as samurai. more samurai early on, more ashigaru due to Oda's 'reforms' which allowed him to take control over 1/3rd of japan by fielding larger armies, utilizing large numbers of semi-trained peasants, which was just 'not done' until then, in the later part of the campaign.

Default Re: Shogun 2: Art of War [1.0.4]

I think that the tech tree research times should be lowered, though I am open to any changes. Overall, its pretty fun.

Some bug reports:

• Bow Samurai do not fire when placed behind walls. They will either stand still holding an air katana, or will stand with their arms stretched out.
    • When fighting in a sea battle in the rain, enemy bow kobaya can use flaming arrows, while mine cannot.
    • Archers on boats have the matchlock sound, and there is also the cannon looking icon on the flags for the boats.
    • I'm not sure if military buildings are giving me the correct amount of Bushido bonus for research. Currently, I have +3 into Poet, giving me 12% bonus. But I have a both a bow samurai and katana samurai building, offering no bonuses.

People still having issues with sound?

I'm not having the sound troubles anymore. I also noticed that If I toggle auto cast on bow kobaya's, they will use fire arrows in the rain.

This is a great mod sadly the game crashes on custom battles but work fine on campaign mode. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Icon7 Re: Shogun 2: Art of War [1.0.4]

Quote Originally Posted by AveiMil View Post
    This died quickly
    you have to quick.... especially it crash..

Icon6 Re: Shogun 2: Art of War [1.0.4]

Hey man! GREAT mod, I mean REALLY great mod. Just a couple of things are a little annoying. 1) The tech tree has very long research turns, too much for me. I would kindly ask if you could just reduce the time or give more turns per year (like 12 or 24) 2) I think ashigarus are MAYBE too weak against samurai, I mean i know that the samurai was and individual warrior who train all his life but i think ashigaru should hold up a bit more.. That would be all, if you can make those changes I would be very pleased.

Thank you all, this is a great site! Keep it up!

(Sorry for my spelling but Iīm from Argentina I donīt usually write in english!! haha)

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ramagol View Post
    Hey man! GREAT mod, I mean REALLY great mod. Just a couple of things are a little annoying. 1) The tech tree has very long research turns, too much for me. I would kindly ask if you could just reduce the time or give more turns per year (like 12 or 24) 2) I think ashigarus are MAYBE too weak against samurai, I mean i know that the samurai was and individual warrior who train all his life but i think ashigaru should hold up a bit more.. That would be all, if you can make those changes I would be very pleased.

Thank you all, this is a great site! Keep it up!

(Sorry for my spelling but Iīm from Argentina I donīt usually write in english!! haha)
    This hasn't been updated since April 2012

So I was expecting this to crash after installing Shogun 2 again and AoW 1.0.4 but it appears to be working fine. I restored the links in the thread and made the mod available for download if anyone wants to play.

EIDT: OK, seems to crash when creating a custom battle but works fine during campaign. Anyone have any idea how to fix the crash?
    Last edited by AveiMil; September 05, 2015 at 08:55 AM.

Default Re: Shogun 2: Art of War

someone can upload the link download again, please
    I cant download it from Mirror 2

Uploaded the file on twcenter:
    Art of War - Downloads - Total War Center Forums (twcenter.net)

Just tested it and it still works fine in Campaign mode.

Crashes in Custom Battles; I dont know why. Would fix it if I knew how. It's been forever since I worked on this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678