Thread: A Question on the Religion

Default A Question on the Religion

Hey guys, first of all, I would like to state the idea for this mod is really good, awesome in fact. If only there was a way to combine this map with the vanilla, now THAT would be epic. But I'm getting of topic

My question is in regards to the two main "denominations" to use a Christian word, of Islam: Sunni, and Shi'ite. I am currently downloading the mod, and I didn't see anywhere a mention of the separation. I am just curious if the mod does, in fact, take into account that there is gigantic significance to the separation. (As in, the conflict still rages today) The Sunnis and Shi'ites fight each other throughout history, especially during this period, as the original Caliphate fragmented. (Around this time? Or perhaps before, I would have to check dates)
    I would suggest adding both branches of Islam if they are not already in the game. If they are, I wasted my breath If not, I believe they would benefit the mod greatly.
    Thanks for the mod!
    "Keep your swords sharp and your daggers sharper.” –Assasalin Absconditus

Default Re: A Question on the Religion

Some generals get the "Shi'ite" traits, which decrease their Loyalty or Authority or something.

in my ayyubid campaign sultan yusuf (saladin?) has become a shi'ite, he must have felt guilty after brutally deposing the fatamids

But there is no separation of the religion? Like how vanilla had Catholics and Orthodox? Sad face...
    "Keep your swords sharp and your daggers sharper.” –Assasalin Absconditus

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

No, there is no Shia-Sunna division yet. There's Shiite trait, but it doesn't work well.

We will work on religions in subsequent releases.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    No, there is no Shia-Sunna division yet. There's Shiite trait, but it doesn't work well.

We will work on religions in subsequent releases.
    Yes- I am looking forward to this as I think its difficult to depict well and make it matter but not totally a focus of every campaign since plenty of historical rulers used divide and conquer to play one side against the other to keep both too weak to challenge the ruler.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

@Ichon

Me too.