Thread: Regarding AI and recruitment

Default Regarding AI and recruitment

Hello Arbaces!

I congradulate you beautiful work. Wow!

I have 2 concerns sir, if I may:

1. In AOD I, you said "zero recruitment time" IMO, this should reflect a realistic timeframe in AOD II.
    2. In AOD II, will the AI be very intelligent, thus competitive?

Thank you for considering what I've stated! :original:

Hellas1........OP-A!
    Last edited by hellas1; May 29, 2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: missing information

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Regarding AI and recruitment

Hi.

For AOD 2 perhaps an automated recruitment system will be the most appropriate even though many might disagree with not being able to recruit faction-specific units from the normal queue AND not being able to have an army consisting only of elite units but recruiting mercenaries from the normal queue and have armies which evolve or devolve in time depending on your researches and depending on the factions you may fight against. Notice I used "perhaps" because this is just an idea which still competes agaist a normal recruitment with 0 recruimtent time , higher prices, lower upkeeps.

People made AI research during the last months after BI got released, I think I will be able to use their research and my ideas to improve the AI (don't know how inteligent, but competitive enough I hope). I'm happy people are still interested on my mod, you might see a surprise release soon based on the main timeline (280BC) and 1.5, in which you might still see some of my concepts and units at work.

Farewell,
    Arbaces.

Default Re: Regarding AI and recruitment

Arbaces,

Thanks for your response sir.

I personally like to recruit what I believe to be needed, thus enjoy choosing varying troops per occasion.

It's my hope that you DO use the normal recruitment time and allow poor saps like me to choose their units.
    I don't believe in having just elite units, but if the unit is in "normal queue" for recruit. so be it!

Only my hope, sir.

Thank you for considering this! Continue with the cool mod!

BTW, only you and Vlad actually are staying with BI as it is, not making it a full conversion mod like an Arthurian TW for example.
    Last edited by hellas1; June 01, 2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: missing text