Thread: Great mod! And a request!

Default Great mod! And a request!

As always, Halie's mods are great! I'm having a great campaign playing as the Syrakousai, but one thing is left to be desired: RS2 environments! Could anyone add them? Cough cough GRANTO cough cough.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Great mod! And a request!

I did on my home version but I'm not planning on releasing it. It's really easy to do. Just DL any version of the RS environments mod and go through the files changing the path to that of sicilia. Takes about twenty minutes. Glad you like the mod..

Hello Halie,

Don't mean to be a pain in the arse but how do I go about doing that exactly-- that is, changing the path. Needless to say I am an utter noob, but I'm guessing I will be editing the text files? I will gladly do this and post it for this mod if that's alright with you.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I dl'ed the version for 'Sparta total war' from here on TWC. I then went through the text files and changed every entry referring to the 'Sparta' modfolder.

eg;
    ../../../../SPARTA/data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/cypress_a.cas

../../../../Sicilia/data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/cypress_a.cas

I'm guessing you know how to search for a word in a text file (ctrl f) .... If you've never done this before it might take a bit longer but it's simple enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I dl'ed the version for 'Sparta total war' from here on TWC. I then went through the text files and changed every entry referring to the 'Sparta' modfolder.

eg;
    ../../../../SPARTA/data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/cypress_a.cas

../../../../Sicilia/data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/cypress_a.cas

I'm guessing you know how to search for a word in a text file (ctrl f) .... If you've never done this before it might take a bit longer but it's simple enough..
    That sounds easy enough! If I can find time in between writing my papers, I should get this done by the end of the week, or next! Keep yourselves busy until then.

EDIT: I won't be able to start until sometime next week but rest assured I will do this.
    Last edited by atheniandp; February 08, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

It's even easier using the find and replace tool that notepad has. takes me around a minute using that.

To use it, open up notepad and then click the edit menu and look for replace. then you could type 'find' sparta, and then into replace type Sicilia. Click replace and your done that text file.

Tiro

AFAIK all RS2 environments mods are down.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown