Thread: HeirofAlexander's Ink Explosion

Default HeirofAlexander's Ink Explosion

HEIROFALEXANDER'S
    INK EXPLOSION

Here I have decided to put in all my contributions to this beautiful site and forum. It will range from entries to the tale of the week, vergil's challenge, scriptorium competition as well as private writing projects, both ongoing and previous. In addition to these will there be the official things I do, such as writing for modifications, writing guides, reviews. And of course the things I do for Content Staff, namely as per now the critic's quill. I have also decided to put some of my own history at the total war center, though short I assure you, and maybe some of my future plans and ideas for writing. This collection of my works, both great and small, might be lenghty for some, but then again, writing is basically the only thing I do. I hope you enjoy this ride through heirofalexander's life and lies.

Table of Contents

THE TALE OF THE WEEK
    THE VERGIL'S CHALLENGE
    THE SCRIPTORIUM COMPETITION

PREVIOUS SMALL WORKS
    THE TALE OF NOBUTADA 2.0

THE CRITIC'S QUILL
    THE HELIOS

WESTEROS: TOTAL WAR

THE TALE OF THE WEEK
    The tale of the week is an absolutely wonderful competition hosted by the staff of the writer's study. Every week one of the staffers will put up a competition, including a themed picture and five keywords that must always be included in the entry. At the end of the week submission is closed and a poll put up. After a week of voting for your one to three favourites the winner is determined - he gains one wscm point and is one step closer to the next medal, be it bronze, silver or gold. I have very fond memories of the tale of the week - or totw for short - as it was where my affluences with the writer's study and its welcoming staff and lurkers. I remember after a year of absence I stumbled into the total war center
    once again. To my now delight, I also came across the tale of the week section, though the reason is not present in my mind. I remember finding my way into the tale of the week discussion thread and
    asking noobishly what the tale of the week was. Not long after I received a particularly friendly private message from Boustrophedon. He informed me of the basics, and was graceful enough to look through the drafts I had for my first entry. Ah, I was young and green at those times... since then I have been eager to enter the tale of the week whenever time and inspiration are both available.

ENTRIES
    TotW 122 - One To Rule Them All
    TotW 123 - The Architect of Defeat

TotW 124 - A Game of Shadows
    TotW 125 - The Sun Sets On An Age - Winner
    TotW 126 - Eternity Lasts Forever
    TotW 127 - The Prisoner's Dream
    TotW 128 - For Love And Duty
    TotW 129 - Victory!
    TotW 130 - For the Shogun
    TotW 131 - Outpost
    TotW 132 - Merry Men of the Forest
    TotW 133 - A Brief Respite
    TotW 160 - Resurrection
    TotW 165 - Nothing Is True

THE VERGIL'S CHALLENGE
    The Vergil's Challenge is a newly (as per the autumn of twenty twelve) restarted competition that does not give the regular wscm points but rather the victor is given a price of total war downloadable content or games. At seeing the theme of the first competition, I was immediately filled with inspiration. Another great competition hosted at the writer's study.

ENTRIES
    Vergil's Challenge - Loyalty (Not yet finished, thereby no link to my submission.)

THE SCRIPTORIUM COMPETITION
    The librarians of the scriptorium host this magnificent competition twice a year. Once during winter and another during the summer. I found this competition last winter (the one of early twenty twelve) and entered the short fiction almost at once. To my great joy and surprise I ended up with a third place, winning a bronze medallion.

ENTRIES
    The Scriptorium Winter Competition 2012 - Short Fiction
    The Scriptorium Summer Competition 2012 - Long Fiction

EARLY CREATIVE WRITING PIECES
    After my initial activites at the writer's study, I was soon spurred to join in the - at the time - not so populous creative writing section. This is a forums where anyone can post their works - be it the spur of the moment of a long planned
    revelation - both in short stories or series. With time and the great effort of especially the forum moderator Shankbot de Bodemloze, the creative writing has become a place of great activity among writers both new and experienced. My first series on this site was 'the tale of nobutada' a series that was inspired by a short story I did once. After tons of positive feedback and support, I finished it and went on to a new theme - the crusades. A story meant to portray the
    characters more than the story I invested quite a lot of time into it at first, but after a while seeing it was not all I had hoped I became less and less interested in it. Sadly.

MY WORKS
    The Tale of Nobutada
    ---- The story of a young man born into a family of samurai, Nobutada is a vassal of the Takeda clan of Kai province in Japan. Set during the period called Sengoku Jidai, also the time period of the Total War titles Shogun and Shogun 2, it features all the epic large battles of Takeda Shingen, the warlord, as well as some minor development of the character I named Il Nobutada.

Blood & Iron
    ---- A story of a family that gets divided by the cravings of the King who goes to crusade against the pagan Saracen. This story I used mostly for character development and to experiment on character arch and the use of point of view storylines. With time though, I sadly got tired of the era and the story, and finished the story in what can only be called shameful display. However, I have been getting some minor hints and requests that I should do a 2.0 for this story as well, so the story may not be dead yet...

The Tale of Nobutada 2.0
    ---- Not completely sated with my work on the first Nobutada tale, as well as feeling as there was another story to be told there, I stared working on another. Much more in depth research went into it, made out the chapters I'd write etc. It was, or is I should say as it is still running, the same storyline, many of the same characters - though some have been altered to bring more to the story.
    (An amazing header made by Emperor of Hell for my tale):

CONTENT STAFF
    THE CRITIC'S QUILL
    During the spring of 2012 I started writing for the Critic's Quill, a publication focusing on the reviewing of After Action Reports and articles touching on the concerns of writing.

Issue 33

Issue 34

Issue 35

Issue 36

Issue 37

THE HELIOS
    After getting a taste for Content work, I approached Lord Rahl, editor of the Helios, to write for him and the team. He gracefully accepted, and since then (autumn 2012) I've been writing for the publication. The difference between this publication and the Quill is that the Helios specifies in articles, mostly historical or informative, political or otherwise enlightening.

Issue 66

WESTEROS: TOTAL WAR
    During the early autumn of 2012 I was lucky enough to join the higly talented team of modders who are currently composing the modification for Medieval II: Total War - Kingdom, based off the hit fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin (which has also been adapted into the HBO TV show Game of Thrones).

The talents I could offer lay I writing and some researching to help my fellow developers. I have so far mainly been doing the units description, which involved writing fairly unique descriptions for the great number of different units made for the mod. I have also been assisting fellow member Inarus in building descriptions.

The sig I was given for becoming a part of the WTW team:

Last edited by Heiro de Bodemloze; February 24, 2013 at 04:45 AM.

Default Re: HeirofAlexander's Ink Explosion

Nice start - looking forward to more
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

thanks, it looks kind of messy, but I will work more on it so that it looks nicer ;D

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

As I kind of ripped of Robinzx, he shall have some free ads .

Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?p=10919212 It look very nice, and is very nicely setup .

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Looks like things here are off to a promising start...

+Rep
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Thanks

Now it looks kinda better, doesn't it?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Defiantly Well done
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Hahah thanks

A small update in case anyone wishes to read it .

Citizen

Blog Entries

The new layout (?) looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    The new layout (?) looks good.
    Thanks mate! . Nothing like yours, though... :

Me likey.

Seriously, good job. Sorry for not posting earlier.
    WIP. Watch this space. It'll be epic.

No, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LegolasGreenleaf View Post
    Me likey.

Seriously, good job. Sorry for not posting earlier.
    Thank you .

And no reason to be sorry .

This is still very much a work in progress! But I have updated it with a new kind of layout .

Thoughts?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Looking good.

I'm not sure about the intro font, but it'll grow on me.

Updated with my content work and the Westeros: TW stuff