Thread: Byzantine Royal Family Dies out

Default Byzantine Royal Family Dies out

I'm playing as France, its around 1400.
    I've being keeping the Romans on life support for the last 70 years, it had been a slog, but after reconquering Greece and handing it over to them things had stableised. They managed to take Constantinople and the surrounding castles, and were managing to hold off the Crusaders (who have taken the entire middle east!) with help from the occassional stack I was sending over. All in all they had 8 provinces. Then suddenly they were gone, faction destroyed , all my plans in ruins, and the greatest faction in SS vanished.
    It turns out, by checking old save games that they had only one General. The 21 year old Emperor.

Now my question is this, is this a bug? My understanding is the AI spawns Generals to replace the one killed and to keep pace with the amount of settlements. I have seen a faction with a couple of settlements be destroyed if they were unwise enough to stick the entire family in one stack. But I've never seen a faction of this size die off before.

Default Re: Byzantine Royal Family Dies out

I was playing on normal SS6.4 as England, when Scotland suddenly died out.

They had Bruges, Inverness and Aberdeen left. France took Bruges and then Scotland just died. Guess it just happens.

Did you have DEYY Real Rebellion enabled in SS Setup?

sorry for the delayed reply... no no submods like that at all, just basic 6.2 with rr/rc 1.8 graculs AI

His reply wasn't exactly timely either.

true, I didn't look at the date!