Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tale of Nobutada *14.05.12* FINISHED

Default Re: The Tale of Nobutada *20.04.12*

That you can Will do it as soon as I can

Would you want it very detailed, or only with major characters? Major would be with friends and commanders etc.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Cheers

For the moment major will be great, but knowing what I'm like as the story gets longer I think I'll need minor ones as well

Thanks again mate
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

The Imagawa seemed weak. They had been easy enough to invade, at least. The attack was swift; the previous agreement of peace was ignored. The Takeda flowed the Suruga province in a fast maneuver, and within short time, the whole province was securely in the hands of Takeda Shingen. It took less than a year before the domain was taken, and it had taken thirteen to secure the Shinano province.

Yamagata Masakage was a handsome man, ten years Satoshin’s senior, but still with a face many a woman would look upon. He was noble, and a fierce warrior. At the same time he was a just lord, for those who had committed crimes. This day Satoshin and Masakage rode together. They had gotten to know each other well during the months they had fought together.

“The mighty lord Takeda Shingen has assigned me a castle here, Satoshin.” The warlord began the talk, after a while filled with silence. “It is called Ejiri, and is practically holding the borders to Totomi province.” Satoshin understood, it was of importance and Yamagata Masakage was one of Lord Shingen’s most trusted followers. “I take it for my new seat, moving from the previous fief I had in Shinano. You can move your belongings there, and I will have rooms made for your pleasure.”

“Thank you, Lord Masakage.” Satoshin had seen paintings of the castle. It overlooked the Takaido Road, and was of fairly large size. It would be a seat worthy of Yamagata Masakage, commander of the akazonae.

“How many times must I tell you, you need only call me Masakage when we are in private. Had it not been social protocol, I’d want you to call me Masakage in public as well. And I am your friend. Even more than I am your commander. You know these men that I command more than I do myself, and you are the first one I get to know. So we are friends, and you will call me ‘Masakage’ or ‘my friend’ whenever we are in private.” It was true, he had said so many times. It was hard for Satoshin to call his commander friend, or by first name. Nobuharu had been a kind man, but a man who strictly followed the chains of command and all honors that followed. At times he could soften, and ask him to call him friend. He was sad to think so, but Satoshin did not miss his old commander. In Yamagata Masakage he did not only have a commander, he had a friend, a brother. He did miss Sanada Yamazaki, though, to sit with him by the campfires, sharing jokes and sake.

“As you wish, my friend Masakage,” Satoshin laughed and pushed his horse into gallop. They raced back to the camp, ending up with the commander beating the lieutenant with the breadth of a horsehair.

“Did you really think you could beat me, Satoshin?” Masakage was still laughing as he dismounted and let an attendant take care of their mounts. They walked together toward the tent of Masakage.

“Did Baba Nobuharu take you to the war councils?” Masakage suddenly said, as they walked through the disciplined rows of tents, orderly in line. The wind blew chilly from the sea, smelling softly of salt. Satoshin had rarely smelled such before, since he had grown up in Kai and Shinano provinces, far from the seas. It smelled strange, but at the same time it was fresh and nourishing.

“No, he didn’t, Masakage. He usually briefed me afterward, though,” Satoshin answered. He wondered what it would be, just an inquiry of his past lieutenant jobs? Or maybe an inquiry of how the seasoned commander Baba Nobuharu ran his second in command? But Masakage was a commander already, and should not need to learn from others.

“Well, from now you are. The second commander of the akazonae will be present at all war councils, as much as I myself should be.”

“I thank you, Masakage.” This was new for Satoshin. He was being included in Yamagata Masakage’s business, much more than he had been with Nobuharu. Almost as a friend.

“Our campaigns against the Imagawa have made the Hojo grow restless behind their large castles. Hojo Ujiyasu has declared war against us. Thankfully we have an agreement with the Satake. They will aid us in the attack, when we march towards Odawara.” A buzz filled the room, whispers. Some seemed to agree, a few disagreed. Satoshin agreed. “We will take fifty thousand and march on them, they will not expect it and we can take them fast.”

“A sound plan indeed, my lord.” It was Masakage who spoke. He had authority in the war council, Satoshin knew. Men would listen to his advice, and it was always sound. “When do you mean to strike these cowards?”

“Within fourteen days, good Masakage. I expect the akazonae to be well prepared by then.”

“They will be, my lord.” The akazonae were the fire element in ‘Wind, Forest, Fire, Mountain’ just as Shingen himself was the mountain.

“You are dismissed, ready your men and we leave as soon as possible. For glory!”

“FURINKAZAN!!” the council replied, bellowing so loudly it could be heard all over the camp.

The story progresses fast geographically now, hope everyone keeps up .

Also made a Character List in the OP .

Great chapter really liked the dialogue between Masakage and Satoshin. The plot jump is quite sudden but it's well managed
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Citizen

Blog Entries

Great update And thanks for the character list

Looking forward to what must end in conflict, and now he's second-in-command of the 'akazonae' things can only get more interesting

Default Re: The Tale of Nobutada *26.04.12*

It had been a mistake to leave them behind. The two castles of the Hojo were large enough to come on us from behind, and destroy all the Takeda had hoped to gain from the campaign. Satoshin was certain of it, Hachigata and Takiyama were castles held by sons and cousins of the mighty Hojo Ujiyasu. Satoshin had never experienced Shingen so rash before, Nobuharu had said he had been different before his first loss at Uedahara, though.

Now that he had access to the war councils, Satoshin had more insight to the personas and details around decisions. During the first siege of Hachigata, when Shingen called his council to discuss the present, he had argued that the next siege would be an easy thing and then the taking of Odawara would be easy. The Hojo turned out to be harder and sterner than Shingen had imagined, and he left the second castle nearly untouched.

So now they were at their goal, the third day of the siege and the wind was biting cold. The gates remained closed to them, Ujiyasu still held onto his capital, willing to fight for it to the death. His men would too, and therefore, they came to a halt. Odawara castle was a great one. It had withstood a siege by Uesugi Kenshin some years prior, and now it stood against the fifty thousand of the mighty Takeda. During the campaigns in Shinano, the Takeda had nearly perfected sieges. The fertile province had uncountable strongholds, and was ruled by twenty smaller daimyo, fighting against a common enemy. It seemed to count for nothing here, though. The Hojo were still in the castle, and the castle gates were still locked.

It was a wonder the castle stood. Mangonels had been peppering the kuruwa since the day they arrived, missiles both ablaze and in rock-form clashed into the castle, but they seemed to just deflect and fall to the ground. From high atop the tenshu the banners of the Hojo flew. Proud, and mocking the Takeda for their fruitless efforts. Satoshin kept looking backward, looking for banners to rise over the hillside, meaning death for them all. May Bishamonten and Hachiman be with them all, should the Hojo come for them.

Since their arrival, Shingen had held war councils every day. Every day they discussed what to do, what to do about the wretched Hojo. Some even suggested going home, home to Kai. Yamadera Nobuaki was chief among them, to end the warring. These were dangerous words, for those were the reasons those who had followed Obu Toramasa and Takeda Yoshinobu had stated were why they plotted against the leader of the clan.

“My lord Satoshin, the war council begins any minute.” It was one of his akazonae. They loved their new commander, and since Satoshin was with him, they loved him too. Their grief of Obu Toramasa had not lasted long, they were too busy with campaigns in Kozuke and Suruga. Satoshin began the descent to the largest tent, the one of Takeda Shingen.

“I have received unsettling reports from Kofu.” Shingen began the meeting. The tent was huge, with more than enough space for the thirty council members present. “There has been moving in Echigo, the Dragon of Echigo has assembled troops. Our men in Shinano believe they are going to strike at us.” Fuzz filled the room, as all the thirty wanted to have their say.

“There is nothing to discuss, we must retreat to Kai,” said Nobuaki. He was, as always, for retreat.

“The cautious answer would be retreat, yes.” Baba Nobuharu spoke. “But we should stay; there are other men who could defend our lands while we take this castle.” His former liege lord spoke with certainty and power in the war councils, and Shingen valued his advice highly.

“The decision has been taken, however,” said Shingen. The room fell silent. “We burn the castle town and go back to Kai. I do not wish to lose everything I have built for the sake of one castle.”

“We cannot, my lord” and “My lord, no” and “Well said, my lord” sounded through the tent, it seemed more were in favor of staying, but it counted for nothing against the word of Shingen.

Smoke from the castle town welled up behind the army, on its way to Kai. The whole town had been burned to the ground, and now there was nothing left. It all went down, and now they were on their way to Kai. Running because of a rumor of an enemy from far away.

Shankbot, since you wondered about the akazonae; they are the Fire Cavalry in TWS2. They were considered the Fire part of the "Furinkazan" or Wind, Forest, Fire, Mountain tactic of Takeda Shingen.
    Last edited by Heiro de Bodemloze; May 01, 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default Re: The Tale of Nobutada *01.05.12*

Extra snazzy material here two updates for the price of one haha

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    Shankbot, since you wondered about the akazonae; they are the Fire Cavalry in TWS2. They were considered the Fire part of the "Furinkazan" or Wind, Forest, Fire, Mountain tactic of Takeda Shingen.
    Thank-you

Amazing update, all though burning it seemed a bit harsh

I wonder what effects this will have later on in the story

+rep mate

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    Extra snazzy material here two updates for the price of one haha
    Thanks And thanks for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    Thank-you

Amazing update, all though burning it seemed a bit harsh

I wonder what effects this will have later on in the story

+rep mate
    I don't make the rules... If you got any problems, maybe take them up with Mr. Shingen?

Thanks, they have been a bit short lately, but I think I can make them longer in the future, just need for something really exiting to happen.

Default Re: The Tale of Nobutada *01.05.12*

“Keep up the pace!!”

The captain's voice echoed through the Mimasetoge Pass. Lord Shingen was eager to get through the snow-clad pass as fast as possible. It was almost built for ambush; the sides were full of trees, covering any troops hidden there. The snow kept slowing them down, making their time in the valley longer than Satoshin liked. To the top of the hillsides, one could see the treetops blowing in the wind. The wind could not be felt in the pass, however. Today’s march had started not an hour ago; they had to make good time through Mimasetoge. For if they camped, and came under attack, they were as good as dead.

Baba Nobuharu commanded the vanguard. Behind him followed Naito Masatoyo, and several other generals. In the center Takeda Shingen came with his bodyguards. Then came Asari Nobutane, while Yamagata Masakage, Satoshin and the akazonae brought up the rear. Even in bad light, and covered in snow, the akazonae were different from the rest of the army. Obu Toramasa had been the one who started with dressing his company in blood red armor. They were feared among all the Kanto. Most likely further away as well. Under their experienced commander the akazonae had won many a victory for the Takeda.

By all means, Yamagata Masakage was no inexperienced commander either. During the battle of Kawanakajima, he had held the vanguard. He had stood the blows from Kakizaki Kageie, a task even the mighty daimyo’s brother, Nobushige, had failed at. He was ten years Satoshin’s senior, a commander before Satoshin had even gotten to Uedahara.

The Takeda were not the only ones who colored their armors. The Hojo were renowned for their companies as well. The Black Company, the Blue Company and the White Company. They had all been in the two castles left behind. No wonder Shingen feared an ambush. They had hardly killed any Hojo samurai, though they had gotten to the doorstep of their capital. Hojo Ujiyasu was a general as able and cunning as Shingen, and his foe Uesugi Kenshin. Fifty thousand Takeda were with them, though. Only the bravest of foes would dare an attack on open field against such a formidable host.

An ambush, though. That was likely. Highly likely, by the way Takeda Shingen was taking the security of the road ahead. Scouts were sent out regularly, all returning with news of a secure way. Yet Shingen took no chances. The army marched in battle formations, all clad in armor. Satoshin had donned his o-yoroi and kawari kabuto. He had gotten new armor and helm, after he joined Yamagata Masakage. They were red as fire, with a lightning bolt as his ornament. Now they rode side by side. Masakage and Satoshin, at the head of the column.

Satoshin seemed to notice a flicker in the woods, almost like a sashimono in the wind. He pointed it out for Yamagata Masakage. They both stood some time and watched it, the line passing as they stood there. Masakage called on two boys. Pages, serving samurai in the hopes they would one day earn that title themselves. Their eyes were sharp, and they claimed that there was indeed something blue there. Almost at the top of the ridge. Masakage called for two riders to ride and figure it out.

That would not be needed.

A shrilling war shriek filled the air as blue, black and white banners suddenly filled the hillside. They all charged at the front column. Baba Nobuharu would know what to do, though. He had the experienced Naito Masatoyo in his back as well; he would surely beat them off. The horde emerging seemed endless, with uncountable numbers they clashed against the fifty thousand retreating. Takeda Shingen had been right after all. The Hojo were streaming down, striking their flanks. It seemed, from Satoshin’s perspective, to be all a chaos in the front lines. He knew that battles mostly were chaos, but this was a different sort of chaos. The Kai samurai were so heavily pressed, some of them seemed to flee. He could see Nobuharu’s banner, though. He was in the front lines, probably urging his men to beat them down. To win for Kai!

Yamagata Masakage called Nobutane to him. They were preparing to beat them down. Bringing up the rear, almost like in tales of old, Satoshin’s mother had told him when he was a child. The heroes always held the rear, and then came up and beat the attackers, saving the army. In other stories the vanguard held on their own, often dying in the process. This day, Satoshin could be the hero.

The akazonae held the center of the force. On both sides the men of Asari Nobutane stood ready to fight. Yamagata Masakage, commander of the akazonae, raised his arm in the air, formed a fist and pointed it at the Hojo. He shouted a war cry and the men followed him. First came the akazonae, then the mounted samurai. At last came the ashigaru, the footmen. They all charged, clutching their weapons before they crashed.

Satoshin remembered his first crash. At the fields of Uedahara, he had crashed into rows of ashigaru with their yari lifted. He had seen the fear in their eyes as the rumble of the charge shook the ground beneath them. He had driven his yari straight forward, almost without seeing a thing. The men had said afterwards that they had lost the battle. There, at the moment they crashed, it felt like victory.

The Hojo were tough. Their famous companies held their ground for hours, Satoshin and the army behind him struggling against their ferocity and combat skills. Satoshin was not sure how many he had seen at the tip of his spear, or how many he sliced with his katana after losing the yari. They fought for hours, days it felt like. They both held their ground, and the blood flowed in rivers. The snow was a deep shade of red, not the usual pink.

Finally, it showed that the Hojo were not immortals. They had some weakness too. It began as a small portion of their line giving the Takeda some ground. The little ground turned into a breach. And the breach turned into a hole. And the hole turned into a mass rout, Hojo slaughtered as they ran.

“Victory!!” the army was shouting.

The day at Uedahara, they lost. But at Mimasetoge, they won. And Satoshin was the hero of a tale.
    Last edited by Heiro de Bodemloze; May 06, 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Tale of Nobutada *05.05.12*

He's a hero!

Great update mate Although I wouldn't of minded maybe a bit more battle description

+rep

He's a hero!

Great update mate Although I wouldn't of minded maybe a bit more battle description

+rep
    He sure is!

Thanks, and sorry. I don't think I can write battles...

Thanks for the rep

Twenty five thousand they were when they marched from Kofu. They won all their battles, and marched straight into Totomi province. The Takeda. Satoshin had been ordered to leave Yamagata Masakage and join with Takeda Katsuyori. He was to siege the castle of Futamata. A hard challenge, the castle lay on a cliff and was almost impossible to assault. Katsuyori did, however, show what he had after his brilliant father. The castle’s only weakness was its water supplies. The besieged brought their water from a tower in the water. Katsuyori sent wooden logs down the river, and smashed the water tower. Futamata Castle was taken not soon after.

Hamamatsu Castle, it was called, the new seat of the young warlord Tokugawa Ieyasu. It was indeed a provocation that Takeda Shingen could not let pass. It lay directly from the lands he had fought for so many years. The year was 1572, and the Takeda was at the height of their power. So Takeda Shingen mustered his army, and travelled into the lands of the Tokugawa. He would also gain access to the Takaido Road, a vital point, should he ever go to Kyoto.

Now the army gazed out to the plains of Mikatagahara. They looked over the field, and saw the Mikawa samurai. Feared all over Japan, they were perhaps the greatest samurai of the realm. The Tokugawa were lined up in a defensive position, with Hamamatsu Castle towering behind them, far away. The Takeda waited for Shingen’s command. He was, as ever, seated in the middle of the army.

The right flank was held by the akazonae. Under Yamagata Masakage, and Takeda Katsuyori, they were going to charge them, and end them. Just as in Mimasetoge Pass. It was snowy again. The battle of the snows some had already named the battle that was to come. Satoshin could see his breath freeze in the air, he breathed heavily. The Takeda outnumbered their foes, maybe two to one, Satoshin was not sure.

“Furinkazan!!”

Shingen’s signature battle command rang as the front lines of ashigaru marched toward the waiting Tokugawa. The sound of their approach was dulled by the snow, and the wind blew snows blocking the view. For a moment, however, the winds stopped. Satoshin could see the Takeda arrows falling down on the Mikawa samurai. Back came, not arrows, but rocks. The front rows of the Tokugawa were throwing rocks. The ashigaru yari clashed first. Countless spears were struck into battle; all the while the archers rained their arrows over the fighters. The Tokugawa samurai were not mounted, in the fashion of the Takeda. They fought on foot, as they should in their defensive position.

The second row began marching. Their armor was white from snow, their faces buried in cloth to protect from the cold. The Kai ashigaru they were, they had been fighting for Lord Shingen since the earliest incursions into Shinano. The bravest they were.

The Takeda ashigaru now numbered five thousand in the fight. Yet another five waited to be launched into action. Ten thousand samurai on horseback, they were the striking power of the Takeda. The ashigaru were not likely to hold up against the Mikawa samurai, so Shingen would have to use his trump card to defeat the young warlord Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Satoshin could see the ashigaru slowly, but steadily giving away ground. The Tokugawa were advancing. Shingen ordered the left flank, the cavalry led by Baba Nobuharu. Satoshin watched as his former liege lord charged straight into the midst of samurai and ashigaru, both Takeda and Tokugawa. The attack held the Tokugawa back for some time. They were good horsemen, but none of them had the class and skill of the akazonae.

“Ready yourself. We will charge soon,” said Yamagata Masakage. They sat on their horses, side by side, awaiting the signal from Shingen.

“As you say, my lord,” Satoshin replied. He looked over towards Shingen, who was just staring at the bloodbath beneath him.

Shingen suddenly turned toward Masakage, and nodded slowly. Yamagata Masakage nodded back, looked over to Satoshin and cried;

“Charge!!”

All the horsemen started moving at the same time. A huge mass of horses and men came down the hill, and descended on the Tokugawa at once. Satoshin watched the man to his right got a stone launched into his face, and fell from his mount. Then an arrow came right past him, and he heard the sound of an arrow going into meat, and that the man behind him was gone. He struck his spear deep into the first man in his path. The man fell to the ground, and Satoshin wrestled the yari out of his chest, before charging further into the Tokugawa men.

It seemed the Tokugawa were already broken, yet none fled. They were honorable these Mikawa samurai. They retreated back to their castle. Of all the men who were on the path to Hamamatsu Castle, all died on their backs. Honor, that was something the Tokugawa had.

They stood outside the great castle. Baba Nobuharu, Kosaka Masanobu, Naito Masatoyo and Yamagata Masakage. The greatest generals of Takeda Shingen. Now, they were unsure. They could hear the drumming from the castle. A gigantic battle-drum that filled the air with noise.

“What shall we do?” That was the question they all asked. The gates were open, and a drum signaling their troops the way back. The castle seemed ripe for the taking, yet none dared attack. From what they had heard of the young warlord called Tokugawa Ieyasu, it seemed like an ambush.

None dared attack. The battle of the snows. It ended unresolved because of indecision.

Default Re: The Tale of Nobutada *13.05.12*

Great chapter. I wish you put more emphasis on what happened out of Hamamatsu though - it being such a defining moment in the fortunes of the Takeda. Excellent work nonetheleess
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; May 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Citizen

Blog Entries

Great update mate.

A bit of a sudden ending, but I'm looking forward to the conclusion ins part 2.

'The Battle of the Snows' - was it actually called that?

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Great chapter. I wish you put more emphasis on what happened out of Hamamatsu though - it being such a defining moment in the fortunes of the Takeda. Excellent work nonetheleess
    Thanks

So, the battle description was better this time? Yeah, I know it was a bit short outside the castle, but I plan on doing it a bit special in the next chapter.

Great update mate.

A bit of a sudden ending, but I'm looking forward to the conclusion ins part 2.

'The Battle of the Snows' - was it actually called that?
    Thank you veru much for the kind words

Yeah, it was actually called that You are right, it will be ended in the next chapter. Shouldn't take much time. Blood and Iron shouldn't take long time either.

“Plant the banners at Seta Bridge.”

That was what he said. Yamagata Masakage told Satoshin so.

They had come in the night. After the battle of Mikatagahara. Ninjas. After they had been beaten the Tokugawa back into their castle. They sent ninjas into their camp, to bring chaos to the Takeda. But the Takeda killed them all. One was captured, though.

“When Lord Ieyasu returned to Hamamatsu, he was afraid you would come after him. So, he thought out a plan. Sakai Tadatsugu beat the war-drum and Honda Tadakatsu left the gates open. You swallowed the bait,” the prisoner laughed at their faces. “There were none to defend the castle. Lord Ieyasu was wounded. You would not have lost a single soldier in taking the castle.” He continued laughing. Then, Shingen had suddenly lost his temper, and cut his throat.

It had been so much confusion outside the castle. The three greatest generals of Takeda Shingen, veterans of tens of battles, had been without a clue of what to do. Satoshin had been there. He had seen the confusion and indecision in their eyes. He saw them gazing at the high walls, trying to look beyond them and see what was inside. In the end they had decided to fall back. It had cost them total victory that they. The battle of Mikatagahara could have been the greatest there was, but they were fooled to retreat.

The whistle had been beautiful. The flute of Noda, they would call it. They had besieged Noda after failing to capture other castles in Mikawa province. Lord Takeda Shingen used to listen to it, every evening. One night, the lord decided he wanted to look upon the flute player. Masakage had sent Satoshin with him, along with three others. The night has been clear, and the moon shone brightly enough to light the night up.

Satoshin had thought it a bad idea, but Shingen would hear nothing of it. He was determined to see the whistler. The tunes sung through the camp as they approached the castle wall. Satoshin had urged the daimyo not to go further. Then, the shot had come. Satoshin had turned fast enough to see the bullet strike his liege lord in the stomach. He saw the shot penetrate the light armor Shingen used, and he saw him fall to the ground.

They took him back to the camp with haste. They put him in his bed in his tent. Doctors and healers were summoned. All night they worked. But when morning came, the greatest lord there was, was dead. The camp mourned him, men cried for their daimyo.

His last words were;

“Plant the banners at Seta Bridge.” He told them to Yamagata Masakage. He told him to put the diamond of the Takeda, black on red, over the gateway to Kyoto.

Those were his last words.

Another chapter, eh? Just had not much to do, and wanted to get this one done. Not very nice to write about it... .

Thank you everyone for reading

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast