Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: I renounce islam

Default I renounce islam

I dont know where to start, but I have to say that I have always questioned islam, eventhough slightly so before I was 14.
    Only now I started to understand what all of this is, in the past I used to think that those who criticize islam (who I never heard talk, only heard about them through teachers or religious TV shows) do not understand it.
    I thought that hijab really does prevent "falling in sin" but its just a huge hoax, the numebr of women wearing hijab has increased tremendously, but so has the number of molestation cases, everyone has sexual orientations, but we dont see this happening so commonly in non-muslim countries, so are arabs animals? No, it must be the stupid cultural taboos.
    And to make it worse, its women who are blamed for getting molested and raped! They didnt dress modestly! Yep, that must explain it.... Not
    Now, if we say that god exists, then why did he create us like this? Why is "sin" so attractive? Oh it must be the devil.... well then, since hijab prevents the devil from taking over our minds then why do women get molested eventhough they're dressing in full hijab?

Religious fanatics should be put in mental hospitals, they should be contaminated, they are more damaging than radioactive materials!
    Whats really scary is that muslim parties WILL take over if democracy is allowed in arab countries, it doesnt matter how moderate and liberal they are, they will be the death of us all, I need to escape this part of the world because its all turning into Afghanistan soon and I might be beheaded if anyone knows that Im an atheist, actually this post might be putting my life at a risk!

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: I renounce islam

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    I dont know where to start, but I have to say that I have always questioned islam, eventhough slightly so before I was 14.
    I started at 12, I am 15 now, good that I actually understand it , feels better than knowing that you are a Muslim just because your parents were .

Only now I started to understand what all of this is, in the past I used to think that those who criticize islam (who I never heard talk, only heard about them through teachers or religious TV shows) do not understand it.
    No, they do not, just like you .

I thought that hijab really does prevent "falling in sin"
    No. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpmoMlR8BBA

so are arabs animals? No, it must be the stupid cultural taboos.
    Yup, the ones in the video certainly are, and deserve to be shot.

And to make it worse, its women who are blamed for getting molested and raped! They didnt dress modestly! Yep, that must explain it.... Not
    Who exactly? That does not make any sense.

Now, if we say that god exists, then why did he create us like this? Why is "sin" so attractive? Oh it must be the devil.... well then, since hijab prevents the devil from taking over our minds then why do women get molested eventhough they're dressing in full hijab?
    Sin is attractive because most people do not care of what will happen after they do it, those who do will be less likely to commit sin, since they will actually fear retribution .

Religious fanatics should be put in mental hospitals, they should be contaminated, they are more damaging than radioactive materials!
    Indeed

Whats really scary is that muslim parties WILL take over if democracy is allowed in arab countries, it doesnt matter how moderate and liberal they are, they will be the death of us all, I need to escape this part of the world because its all turning into Afghanistan soon and I might be beheaded if anyone knows that Im an atheist, actually this post might be putting my life at a risk!
    Lol really?

Overall I do not really understand why so many muslim men obsess over women wearing the Hijab, I know, I used to be like that, a year ago, I did not really like it .
    Last edited by DarthLazy; January 29, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

"Breathe the free air again, my friend."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Welcome to apostasy and the natural human condition to question things that don't make a lot of sense.

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

I thought that hijab really does prevent "falling in sin" but its just a huge hoax, the numebr of women wearing hijab has increased tremendously, but so has the number of molestation cases, everyone has sexual orientations, but we dont see this happening so commonly in non-muslim countries, so are arabs animals? No, it must be the stupid cultural taboos.

id say the problems of the muslim world dont come from islam
    they come from the nature of the society we talk about
    the history and culture of your people and other people who are muslim
    these people have created islam in their image and so some mix things up and blame islam,
    while in fact its the society itself
    ill give you an example:

say that 10 million muslims where moved to a different planet by greek gods who would come to them in plain sight and declare that they are greek gods
    that would surely be enough for these people to understand that islam is no longer relevant in their lives
    (maybe not. but stay with me)
    do you think they will now (without islam) create a normal society (normal in this case is a society that you can live in without feeling oppressed and without dreaming about a greencard)

i say no. if you agree than weve established that islam is not the cause. rather the culture of the society and the accepted values and world views.

i did notice that many of those refugees from the muslim world come to the west and suddenly become eastern agents
    criticising america for not airing al jazeera
    demanding it to change its policies toward the muslims
    and other stuff

i think immigrating to a place where no one asked for you is immoral
    but i wont tell you not to
    i ask you that if you do leave, remember that the society you live in is the cause that chased you away
    and dont try to import elements of it to a healthy society or defend it
    in fact dont speak at all. wait for like 10 years and i assure you your world views will change and you will see that whatever you thought before was a product of your upbringing

this is also the reason why me and like minded people are against muslim immigration
    because on the one hand muslims run away from the east to the west to find refuge there
    but on the other they usually sabotage the west and become eastern agents

note to those who will quote my sentence with the word immoral
    yes i was asked to come to israel by the jewish agency in the name of the democraticaly elected israeli government
    yes it is this governmnet's call as is it the israeli state
    if you dont agree fundamentally with this then ill meet you in the political mudpit
    i wont answer any comments of this nature in this thread

oh and to answer your sig
    im 49% addicted
    Last edited by ash874; January 29, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    "Breathe the free air again, my friend."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Welcome to apostasy and the natural human condition to question things that don't make a lot of sense.
    Thank you
    I've got a little correction for you though, it doesnt just not make alot of sense, it makes no sense at all.
    I seriousy hope that those who were indoctrinated by their environment find the truth and get rid of this mental disease known as religion

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Don't become what you hate, garu.

In a few hundred years maybe we'll have gathered so much information that even the most devout believers might question their beliefs. Then again we might never do that.

Free will, 'n all that.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Although your criticism of the idea of god is somewhat limited, I'm sure that without the chains of religion you'll realize more and more how flawed that concept is.
    I still congratulate for your choice.

Congratulations, I made a similar discovery 33 years ago with Christianity.

Now you need to ask yourself is the problem that your former religion is full of people using it for horrible purpose, (which it is), or that you think the very core of it as a religion (and by default all religions) simply doesn't make any sense.

And I'm sure I don't need to tell you but never talk about this to other Muslims in person, they will not be kind. I do expect you will get a lot of PM's though, group think doesn't like people leaving the group.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ash874 View Post
    id say the problems of the muslim world dont come from islam
    they come from the nature of the society we talk about
    the history and culture of your people and other people who are muslim
    these people have created islam in their image and so some mix things up and blame islam,
    while in fact its the society itself
    ill give you an example....
    I know where islam came from and I know that it resembles the cultural norms for the arab peninsula in that time, but this isnt the nature of the society, the soicety wasnt to remain like this if there was no islam or any similar religions, it would've evolved like socities are today, but islam turned these cultural heritages into sacred texts that you mustn't break, which is why they still remain.

i did notice that many of those refugees from the muslim world come to the west and suddenly become eastern agents
    criticising america for not airing al jazeera
    demanding it to change its policies toward the muslims
    and other stuff

i think immigrating to a place where no one asked for you is immoral
    but i wont tell you not to
    i ask you that if you do leave, remember that the society you live in is the cause that chased you away
    and dont try to import elements of it to a healthy society or defend it
    in fact dont speak at all. wait for like 10 years and i assure you your world views will change and you will see that whatever you thought before was a product of your upbringing
    Umm... you're talking about muslim refugees, did you not read my title? Why would I care about Al Jazeera not airing in America (dont even watch it) or about islamic traidtions anymore? Also I wouldnt be escaping if Im not feeling totally foreign here and if people here wouldnt want to burn me at the stake for being an atheist

this is also the reason why me and like minded people are against muslim immigration
    because on the one hand muslims run away from the east to the west to find refuge there
    but on the other they usually sabotage the west and become eastern agents
    .....That would apply if I were a muslim, which Im not.....

oh and to answer your sig
    im 49% addicted
    Cant quit that game, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Don't become what you hate, garu.

In a few hundred years maybe we'll have gathered so much information that even the most devout believers might question their beliefs. Then again we might never do that.

Free will, 'n all that.
    Im sorry but the more I read, the more my hatred for those mentally disabled animals increases... the only point of their existence is to mislead people and turn them into indoctrinated mentally disabled animals like them, you probably dont know how much religion affects the society in arab countries, its effects are tremendous, and its going to increase more when islamists become governors.

Congratulations, I made a similar discovery 33 years ago with Christianity.

Now you need to ask yourself is the problem that your former religion is full of people using it for horrible purpose, (which it is), or that you think the very core of it as a religion (and by default all religions) simply doesn't make any sense.

And I'm sure I don't need to tell you but never talk about this to other Muslims in person, they will not be kind. I do expect you will get a lot of PM's though, group think doesn't like people leaving the group.
    Thank you
    My problem with my religion is both, it doesnt make sense AND people are using it for horrible pruposes, very horrible purposes

And yes, I do realise that no one should know this, theres no way I'd tell anyone about it, eventhough I sometimes feel tempted to when they say really stupid things and use "god/mohammad said so, so it must be right" as a proof.
    Last edited by garudamon11; January 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Welcome to the club.

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

Cant quit that game, can you?
    the ironic thing is that i play it because it (wait for it) doesnt take much time
    you dont need the kind of dedication that tw would need
    just log on and play for like twenty minutes, right?
    well i spent like 5% of my life in the hundred square feet that is dd2

Quote Originally Posted by ash874 View Post
    the ironic thing is that i play it because it (wait for it) doesnt take much time
    you dont need the kind of dedication that tw would need
    just log on and play for like twenty minutes, right?
    well i spent like 5% of my life in the hundred square feet that is dd2
    TW and single player games have something you will find very useful when you are older.

A pause key.

I used to be a CS guru, then I had a job and kids.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Good on yer. Enjoy the rationality of 100% empirical thought.

Good on you. Don't exchange one idiotic belief for the other though.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Be wary of convert's zeal, garudamon. Atheism (if that is what you now are) is by far the more rational decision, but militant/radical atheism is just as obnoxious as religion. All things in moderation

Of course you'll likely be fine, but I'm just letting you know anyway.

saglam2000's Avatar Campidoctor

I salute you, i renounced Islam and religion about 4-5 years ago
    "The Turks are never trapped. It's the people who surround them who are in trouble."Anthony Hebert

‎"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Lol you're renouncing Islam because of hijabs and the Saudi justice system? Cool story bro.
    Don't worry, you're just going through a phase right now, you'll get over it. Personally, I think you're just bored out of your mind and you're looking for attention, and what better way to do that than with your last statement. Where do you live? The UAE? The boogeyman Islamist will never get to you there, don't be over-dramatic.
    Last edited by Blaze86420; January 29, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Is there something to debate here or what?

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Lol you're renouncing Islam because of hijabs and the Saudi justice system? Cool story bro.
    Don't worry, you're just going through a phase right now, you'll get over it. Personally, I think you're just bored out of your mind and you're looking for attention, and what better way to do that than with your last statement. Where do you live? The UAE? The boogeyman Islamist will never get to you there, don't be over-dramatic melo-dramatic.
    That's right and + rep for you. I understand dear OP that religion fails to make sense about few things, likewise only 20 years ago my then living father could not imagine about internet, skype, facebook, etc. Human mental abilities are limited and those could not even know about what this world would be in coming 5 years. The guy who didn't have a cell phone 5 years ago, now owns an Iphone.

Religion or Atheism, both have flaws (as far as human sense is concerned). It is much stupid for me to think that this world was created without any God than your 'hijab' logic. There is no guarantee in Qur'an that wearing hijab would be equal to hiring a squad of angels to save one woman's sanctity. Qur'an only talks about logic and that is if a woman wears hijab, she would be covering most of her attractive body parts and this would not possibly stir extreme sexual emotions in men watching her. You know majority of reported rapes are date rapes, when women are raped by men who know them, now you must know my friend that a woman avoiding any 'very personal' relations with a man who is not her husband and covering her body parts would have less chances of getting raped than those who prefer close relations with men without marriage and who prefer to be alone in immodest clothing near a man. That is why we listen sentences like this ''she was a tease", "she asked for that by her dressing or her moves" etc.

This is your stupid (sorry) understanding of Qur'anic verses, not Islam being without sense.
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Don't worry, you're just going through a phase right now, you'll get over it. Personally, I think you're just bored out of your mind and you're looking for attention, and what better way to do that than with your last statement. Where do you live? The UAE? The boogeyman Islamist will never get to you there, don't be over-dramatic.
    I gave the treatment of women and a bit of cultural unfairness to women as mere examples, I have much more reasons, some are very basic like why did god create us and why does he need us to to worship him? Why does he throw us in hell for things he made in us (thats considering he exists and did that)?
    Im also wondering why does god do nothing? In the quran he says that he supports food for even the smallest of creatures, well then why cant he feed the people who are dying of hunger right now while Im typing this post? Ok lets say thats something that humans brought upon themselves, now the next question is: since god apparently hates homosexuals so much to the point that his throne shakes and angels rush to hold the corners of the sky so it wouldnt fall down (lol) when two faggots go at it, and that he destroyed sodom and turned it into whats today the dead sea, then why doesnt he do anything anymore? I mean, his throne should be facing a really hard earthquake right now from all the gay sex going on at this moment; In fact, he's been having those earthquakes for decades now, but he still does nothing? Or maybe he got a seismic retrofit? We'll never know

http://www.theeagle.com/world/Atheis...d-in-Palestine not very far away, and I believe sharjah has laws against apostasy

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast