Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Chivalry II) What is happening your current campaign?

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Default (Chivalry II) What is happening your current campaign?

First off, I want to state just how much in love I am with Chivalry II Sicilian Vespers mod.
    I have multiple mods installed, including two of the highly rated mods Stainless Steel 6.4 with the Battle for the Baltic 2.0 sub-mod, and Broken Crescent 2.3. While Stainless Steel 6.4 was the first mod I have ever installed and has a fond place in my heart, and I love those two mods alot, I have to say that CII SV just is on a different level for me so far. I do not know exactly what it is, but I have such a pure joy playing it, ranging from the beautiful campaign map and colorful banners displayed for each faction, to the incredible and very tactic oriented battles.

I have noticed that some forum users have a specific "What's happening your campaign" thread and I figured to start one for CII SV. One, I want to share with whoever cares how my current campaign is progressing and hope that those who view this thread and play CII SV get inspired to do the same. Secondly, I feel like this mod needs greater exposure. While I am sure CII SV is known, based on the forum traffic it appears not to be frequented as much as SS 6.4 or B.C 2.3 for instance. Which leads me to my third reason. I want all who play this mod to show their love and appreciation for this mod by providing other CII SV players updates on their campaigns. I want this community to become a tight knit group and share with one another our love for this amazing mod.

Without further ado, here are a few pictures of my current Angevin Neapolitan 1311 campaign played on H/H.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So the year is 1322 as you can see and I am in war with the Sicilians. I was set on building my cities and economy first before commencing on any wars. Due to this mentality I lost within the first few turns Marseilles to the Capetian pretenders sitting on the French throne. However, due to perpetual assassination plots, one which was successful, and sabotage attempts. As a consequence I decided to set my rather extensive navy, which I had built in anticipation of possible naval warfare with the other Italian city states.
    As you can tell from this picture, Palermo belongs to the Angevin's. While my armies besieged Messina, I sent a smaller, but stronger army to besiege Palermo. The Sicilians were unable to defend both cities simultaneously.

Here is a picture of the siege of Messina.

While the Sicilians were busy defending Messina, I snuck another army via my navy to attack Syracuse and sure enough was able to conquer it.

And then, the epic battle for Messina emerged.

My cavalry won me the battle. Pure and simple. The Sicilians brought alot of archers to the fight and as you can tell I brought none. My cavalry charged their archer lines as they were moving closer to me and wiped most of them ought in the first few charges. Then the battle erupted into a bloodbath of close combat. With my riders having destroyed what cavalry units the Sicilians brought they were free to conduct rear and side charges on the foot units of the Sicilians, with the result of me not only wiping out two of their armies, but also conquering Messina itself.

It's the year 1326 and here is the current Angevin Neapolitan Empire. May it expand and grow stronger, so that one day the Dukes of Anjou may assert their claim to the crown and throne of France and Burgundy.

Last edited by Averroes19; January 29, 2012 at 04:10 AM.

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

Default Re: What is happening your current campaign?

I'll see if I can't get some pictures up tomorrow...it's late, mleh. Anyway...I've got 1 active campaign and one semi-active campaign going. The active one which I am currently playing is an Early Era Campaign M/M as France. I'm just over 100 turns in and I've taken all of Italy and the original provinces of the HRE. Seems anymore expansion I make against anyone causes a HUGE load of strife amongst the Catholic peoples of Europe. Oh, I also hold Antioch, Tripoli, and Acre. Genua holds Damascus, and Venice holds Jerusalem.

I'm only on my third king and I'm debating moving the capital from France to perhaps Roma, Milano, or Strassburg. Roma for obvious reasons...I'd like to re-establish a "Roman Empire". Milano would also be reasonable. It's a near-midpoint between western France, my eastern borders near Poland, and of course, Italy. Then Strassburg which is a slightly more logical mid-point...it is almost literally in the center of my territories. I'm waiting for a better peace-time to establish a new capital though. Possibly under a new king or even a new dynasty.

-------------

My other is a High Era M/M campaign as the Byzantine/Roman Empire. I took the Latin usurpers out of the picture within 5 turns of the start of the campaign. Since then I've expanded as far as Damascus. That I just recently lost to the Turks from a Jihad. I felt no ill will however as they were near extinction due to the Armenians surprisingly. the great Khans have nearly wiped out the Russians to the north and the Abuyyids (sp) lost much of their territory to the Islamic Khanate. Venice is no more and I also hold the whole of Italy. I'm some 200 turns in on this and I've lost a little interest due to various alliances I hold and a lack of desire to expand in the east. I'd like to take the territories held by Serbia, but they're a long time ally, along with the Bulgars.

------------

In both campaigns I've managed to curb the unending flow of traffic that ultimately cripples a lot of factions that I feel is not necessarily accurate historically. the Kingdom of Sicily ALWAYS pushes north and takes everything it sees. I've seen it expand as far north as Madgeburg. Denmark as well have pushed as far south as Verona. By blocking landbridges that these two rely on I've managed to isolate them enough so that the game doesn't progress in a destructive manner due to these two. It doesn't cripple these factions either. It merely contains them to a certain degree.

Anyway, that's what is going on with my campaigns.
    Last edited by Consulo; January 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Feel free to add me.

Great stuff Slim. Which campaign do you enjoy more?

As far as a new capital for France, why not Dijon? It is, from what I can tell, in the enter of your French Kingdom/Empire and you have would be located right in the middle of your major cities. Maybe start crusades against the Russians? After all, the pope loves nothing more than spreading the good word.

As far as your ERE campaign, maybe try to see which faction is gaining an upper hand over another and step in to prevent a shift in the balance of power. Remember, though, not to engage yourself in a conflict that you know you cannot sustain.

I hope you get a chance to post some pics as that would only enhance this thread.
    Last edited by Averroes19; January 29, 2012 at 04:21 AM.

Okay, time to update what is happening in my Angevin Neapolitan campaign.

I noticed that Venice had no guard posted in Candia and being the opportunist I took my chance, which of course sparked a war. The Venetian thought they had the navy to blockade me, but not knowing that the King of Naples always has more ships then the doge, I destroyed the Venetian fleet and blockaded Ragusa and Venice. That was until the pope told me to cease hostilities with the Venetian.

In the meantime, the Egyptians were busy conquering north Africa and being unable to secure Tunis in time, I did the next best thing: an alliance. This means, hopefully for a while, Sicily will be safe from any potential threats by the Egyptians.

Meanwhile, the HRE and Genoa are fighting one another Genoa. Furthermore, HRE is also contesting France for Milan, which momentarily is in the hands of the Emperor. France and the HRE fought a series of conflicts for the Flanders region, with Utrecht remaining in the hands of the HRE, but losing Antwerp to the French.
    As far as I am concerned, I shall remain an observer for now. But the moment I see that either the HRE or France have taken Genoa I will step in and balance the shift in power. We do not want the HRE or France to become too powerful.

Speaking of balance of power, the Serbian Kingdom was aggressively expanding and I feared that a strong Serbian kingdom could threaten my ambitions in the Balkan region. Seeing how Hungary entered a war with the Serbs, I decided to step in and check the Serbian expansion. Nothing against the Serbs, as I was allied with them and would have not intervened in their war against the Venetians, but noticing how fast they were growing I needed to step in and curtail their ambitions.

Lastly, I am building the cities in my Kingdom (and sorry not Empire) to be productive enough to provide me with necessary revenue streams, but also upgraded the armory to the point of having heavy armor available for my troops. If the Dukes of Anjou want to rule France and England, on top of the entire realm of Italy, money and the newest developments of weaponry and armory are necessary.

P.S. I really really love CII SV. Thank you so much guys for making this mod!!!

French historians use the term of "Empire" both about Plantagenets and Capetian-Angevins, to underlign the multicultural nature of these kingdoms.
    Also the Angevin elder wore the title of "Latin Emperor", but its was just a wish.

Nice AAR!

I actually thought about Dijon, Averroes, but it seemed a little "too" close to Paris. lol That said, Burgundy is essentially the midpoint between all the Frankish Empires in the Dark Ages campaign, so I may come back to it. As of right now with my Frankish Empire I'm honestly just looking forward to building up some cities. All this land is a bit worthless as I can only sustain about 4 armies across my territory. Not exactly the most defensible country, eh?

As for my ERE campaign, since taking Italy I've been propping up the HRE trying to save it from utter obliteration. I gave them Milan, Genua, Torino, and Marseille. Then I began funding them 10k per round hoping that it would held counter the Danish invasion from the north. Eventually I stepped in and took most of central Germany for the HRE and gave it back to them. Western Europe is anything but stable unfortunately. France is in shambles, as is the HRE. England apparently can't beat the Scotts on their own. Its just a mess lol. Ironically the Balkans are the most stable regions in the known world.

Also, in both my campaigns...the Pope is no more than a puppet. I can have him killed should I wish it. His authority is a farce at this point.

Feel free to add me.

Ultimus's Avatar Foederatus

Great thread mates and I agree that this forum needs more people to come and post about their legendary struggles to forge their own destiny

I'm playing a Byzantium DarkAge campaign and the year is 971. My incompetent emperor died two years ago and his empire is on the track to restore the former glory of the eastern roman empire.
    I managed to get Merchant's guild HQ in Constantinople and my merchants are dominating the most profitable resources in italy, serbia,egypt and antiocheia. In addition I have a master's assassin guild and a thieves' one and my assassins are to be feared. My former emperor had resorted to sinister methods for subduing the turks therefore a horde of imams had fallen to my master assassins' blades and in addition 3-4 turkish faction leaders and 10-12 faction heris have met their unexpected deaths (yet it seems impossible to make them revolt since the AI spawns family members and faction heirs out of nothing )

I have retaken cyprus,crete, adana and the city east of kaisareia and I recently threw the arabs out of sicily and malta
    Now my new emperor (who strangely enough is the late's emperor's brother instead of his son ) is on his way to recapture the rebel province which is georgia in present day (forgive me but I cannont remember its name). My priests and bishops continue doing good work converting those infidels to the one and only true religion while the generals are making plans of conquering the bulgarians. Who have been our allies for more than a hundred years but God wills it to recapture the lands up to Danube river.

That's all for now, I hope I can take some screenshots and attach them at a future post. Until then show the rest of the world that noone can mess up with your empire

Some pictures of my Angevin Neapolitan campaign.

Bombard at work

When the Romans get slaughtered.

Eastern.Europe's Avatar Foederatus

Nothing yet Just DL yesterday and am starting an AAR with Hungary in the Early period. My first post for it will be the end of February. I do about 10 turns(5 years) and then take my notes and produce the story.
    Hopefully a few will look forward to it

Also I know to put it into the AAR files on Med2TW for a better viewing

Will do small updates and teasers here I do beleive

So I figured I'd resurrect this thread seeing as its handy for all those still interested in this wonderful mod. For those still hanging about, what is happening in your campaign(s)? I'm running on two currently. Actually its fairly similar to what was going on in my last post about France and the Roman Empire. My French Campaign (Early M/M) has moved towards a complete conquest of Italy. Spanish Iberia is slowly falling into ruin. Two provinces of the Spanish have rebelled. I managed to gain Toledo through this, but the other province has eluded me.

I also started another Early Era campaign as the Romans AGAIN. I keep falling into the same habits, I know. Strange twist however, Not even within 20 turns, I've lost my sole heir to the crown and his brothers are still underaged. Its an odd predicament. The Turks to the east have made a stronger showing early on than I usually get from them. It was a Pyrrhic victory to say the least. I lost a eldest son to the Emperor and my army was cut in half. I'm hoping the Turks are in as bad a shape as I am. I toggle_fow'd and learned that the Pope had managed to lose his seat in Rome so I'm planning on building an army to take the city and hold it, and hopefully the Pope ransom.

I'll take some pictures in the morning when I've got an opportunity.

Feel free to add me.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

I'm playing a Renaissance Era Campaign as Genoa. First couple of turns I lost Kaffa to the Tatars and Mytilini was attacked by the Roman Empire. I annihilated the besieging Roman army, and from there I'm building up a new force to eventually sail north into the Black Sea region to retake Caffa. From there I plan on expanding and building a small empire in Ukraine until the Tatars agree to peace terms with me.

In the west all is quiet, I'm turning Genoa itself into a great economic hub and Corsica into a military powerhouse.

Venice just declared war on me. Italy and the Aegean is going to become a hotspot soon

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

I am playing and England game now, and to be honest this is the first english game which I do not quite soon after starting out of boredom. (thanks SV!)

I started with balancing economy (disbanding most starting army to hasten things), after about 10 turns I recruited a new army of mostly normann spearmen and sent them to take Ireland. However my crown prince was an idiot and rebelled: I had to punish him sadly!
    The next army to an other 5-6 turns to recruit, and they went to break the back of the irish. Once I was done with the siege of northern Ireland, France invaded and sieged one of my forts near Rouen, and I had to abandon the irish campaign to defend my foothold.

It was a very long (10-15 turns) war with numerically superior enemies (there were 2 full and 2 half french, and a full Anjou stack attacking), but I managed to defeat them peacemeal. That night fighter trait surely helped!
    Since I couldn't change to an offensive stance, the pope went mad on only the french, and I called a crusade on Paris. I didn't really have any chance of taking it, my army was depleted, but the Castilian and Papal troops which showed up took the city which crippled the french and they peaced out.

The Pope is in Paris now, and I stripped the french from their northern holdings. All in all it was a fruitful war, I gained 2 good provinces, my mortal enemy is ruined, and half of my generals became good crusaders. The army also became very experienced, so the conquest of Wales will be easier with these troops!

The world in 1100:

Worth noting:
    - Sicily has a really tough time expanding. They are besieging Naples at the moment, but they didn't expand until now.
    - Denmark is in a similar situation, they are bleeding themselves dry in Norway
    - a pleasant surprise is Poland and Serbia, who start out hopeless (Poland with peasants in their army!), and still managed to take 2 provinces!

I really miss a faction from between Poland and Russia.

I don't think I've ever seen a Papal Crusading army through all the campaigns I've play through this. That's quite interesting! I see they lose Rome as their capital in the process, eh?

Darios, are you intending on creating a puppet state around Kiev too?

Feel free to add me.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Slim50 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a Papal Crusading army through all the campaigns I've play through this. That's quite interesting! I see they lose Rome as their capital in the process, eh?
    I dunno for sure, but I think their capitol moved to Paris and Rome rebelled on them.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Slim50 View Post

Darios, are you intending on creating a puppet state around Kiev too?
    Yup

I saw my first ever full charm princess last night (that was mine). I married her to a non-related family member. Turns out she's really hot and insatiable, but barren. lol dagger in the side.

Feel free to add me.

Damn

So I figured I'd finally give a picture update of what's going on in my campaign. First off, I realized I didn't have Kingdoms patched to 1.05 and had to uninstall and reinstall everything. I also forgot to keep my saves. So I've started from scratch here. My super hot princess is long gone. What remains is a reunification of Italy to the Roman Empire.

Here is the current map...its 1135 at this point, but the collapse of the HRE began before 1100. That is when I started moving towards Italy.

Here's a look at the Germanic territories...

...And here is Italy...

I've essentially made Milano, Napuli, and Cusenza my main cities for management. On top of that, I'm mainly keep garrisons in castles. I've got the Sicilians stuck on their Island. For whatever reason the AI doesn't want to make a naval invasion anywhere. I may have to go into some of the files and change that. I'm not decided yet though.

Out east is pretty stable. The Seljuks are spamming Ghulams of all sorts though. In my previous install I toned that down a little because it seemed a little unfair considering no other faction spams 'knight units' on the level that I've seen from them. I may have to do that again. They're holding their own there. The Armenians took Kayseri...had a short stint in Tsbili (sp) and even attacked the Cumans in their own lands. Brash lot they are this campaign. I've displaced the Serbs and the Bulgarians as well. They're wondering aimlessly across the map.

I guess that's really all? I wish I would've thought to hold onto my saves, but c'est la vie. This campaign is very different than usual. Not sure if that's the Kingdoms patch talking or if its just a set of algorithms going off in the game to make it act differently. I'm enjoying it though.

---------
    My next move after Sicily will likely be annexing Corsica and Sardinia from the Genoans, and then maybe making an African campaign.

Feel free to add me.

The images don't work.

They're showing fine for me. Not sure why they're not loading for you?

Feel free to add me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast