Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish factions are weak

Default Re: Spanish factions are weak

Quote Originally Posted by RomanKiller View Post
    Historically the numbers were about even and many times the "Moors" defeated much larger forces. But the reality was that most of their population was always christian

The only reason the "reconquista" was even successful was because of the breach of treaties from the christian side, not because of their military prowess or anything
    Not to sound bad but the Moors fought with larger numbers most of the time and even used slaves for fighting. The Moors were pretty organized and had terrorized most of Iberia for sometime. The Christian forces used a lot of guerrilla warfare and weren't united most of the time. For the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa many forces had to join together to fight the Moors, if the moors weren't a large force then they wouldn't need to join up. The problem was during that time none of the Christian rulers were united and this is pretty evenly displayed in SS. When the spanish forces aren't united, the Moors beat them. When united they beat the Moors. It's no secret the Moors used many berbers some arabs, moroccains and slaves from africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprexinia View Post
    Not to sound bad but the Moors fought with larger numbers most of the time and even used slaves for fighting. The Moors were pretty organized and had terrorized most of Iberia for sometime. The Christian forces used a lot of guerrilla warfare and weren't united most of the time. For the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa many forces had to join together to fight the Moors, if the moors weren't a large force then they wouldn't need to join up. The problem was during that time none of the Christian rulers were united and this is pretty evenly displayed in SS. When the spanish forces aren't united, the Moors beat them. When united they beat the Moors. It's no secret the Moors used many berbers some arabs, moroccains and slaves from africa.
    Look into RomanKiller's posts and you'll find they're generally wrong and very biased.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon1032 View Post
    Why are the Spanish factions so weak?
    It seems that the AI can't play as the Spanish but all the other factions he can handle
    The Moors are overpowerd and the Spanish factions are underpowerd
    You are kidding right?
    Ok maybe at the very begining of the game, but the Sicilians & slightly later the Genoans, always sail across the med & take the Moorish coastal cities which the Moors seem completely unable to defend as they're fighting the Iberians.
    The Moors end up in a vice with inevitable results, i actually end up having to keep them alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprexinia View Post
    I will agree tho, the Spanish AI sucks.. same with the Crusader States.. they always lose almost every single battle which is kind of confusing to me. They shouldn't be steam rolled so quickly every game.
    Just like how it's inaccurate for Moors to be steamrolling everyone, I think it's completely accurate to have Crusader States be steamrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    Just like how it's inaccurate for Moors to be steamrolling everyone, I think it's completely accurate to have Crusader States be steamrolled.

But Moors rarely steamroll everyone and when they do it is usually because Catholics attacked each other opposite of what happened in history. Perhaps Catholic Iberian factions should start with higher relations but within MTW2 engine its difficult to make Moors less united and Iberians more when its 1 vs 3 factions. The taifas of the Moors were as often allying with nearby Christians as nearby Moors and versa. Only the constant support of the Pope and France allowed Iberians to withstand Moors which rarely happens in game. I think Moors should probably be a higher priority for Crusades and initial Iberian/Papal/French relations should all be quite high. Overtime they will fall but it should keep Moors from steamrolling in those few cases they get an early advantage so quickly.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Moors have their backs to the wall so to speak, so they can concentrate solely on Iberia and sometimes Egypt. This means in like 20% of games they will get all the way up to Frankfurt in 100 turns.

I'm wondering if some people even read his post... He was saying that the AI when controlling the Moors, dominate Spain.

And this is 100% true, they usually eat away at Portugal and the rest of the Spanish countries...
    Steam Id:Jhoge555
    Multiplayer freak!-LOVES Empire Total War. <- Me when Total war came out
    So Sad

Not really, Moors fail a lot of the time.

^ Really? Well usually in my campaigns they always dominate Spain.
    Steam Id:Jhoge555
    Multiplayer freak!-LOVES Empire Total War. <- Me when Total war came out
    So Sad

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

If you read all the posts it clearly states that if the Iberian factions are fighting among themselves then the Moors will dominate. If the Iberians are united than the Moors have no shot at success.

"But no, I love Iberic factions because you can AP the enemy to death. Javilneers have better stats than any of the militia trash. Plus you can chuck AP at the enenmy on horsaeback as well as on foot."

Javelins don't have AP.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

If you play a faction far from the area typically Moors win due to auto calcs and the fact that they're simply much more wealthy, and that the Spanish factions themself tend to fight amongst themself as well . But actual unit wise the Moors in pure 6.4 is pretty damn crappy and the Spanish factions damn good
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "But no, I love Iberic factions because you can AP the enemy to death. Javilneers have better stats than any of the militia trash. Plus you can chuck AP at the enenmy on horsaeback as well as on foot."

Javelins don't have AP.
    You sure? Sure seems like they do, they rip right through generals.

@GiddeeUpp

Nope, barely any of the projectiles in SS have the ap attribute because they still go through armour anyway. I think only pistols are ap.

so because they are still AP without being classified as AP? or just due to the high attack of javellin's as projectiles?

High attack I think

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    @GiddeeUpp

Nope, barely any of the projectiles in SS have the ap attribute because they still go through armour anyway. I think only pistols are ap.
    Dont think any have AP actually.

The pistols of the Reiters and Early Reiters have AP. I asked PB why that is, but I don't think he ever answered. Those are the only projectiles in the game that have AP, though. Except for the stuff that ballista towers shoot.

Moors overpowered? Umm history isn't fair and whats happening in Iberia in 6.4 is pretty accurate as far as what actually happened. Both sides gained and took ground, and the Christians also roflstomp the Moors much of time, much to my disappointment when I made it to Iberia as Sicily after defeating the Moors in N. Africa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12