Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanish factions are weak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spanish factions are weak

Why are the Spanish factions so weak?
    It seems that the AI can't play as the Spanish but all the other factions he can handle
    The Moors are overpowerd and the Spanish factions are underpowerd

Default Re: Spanish factions are weak

Really? Most people complain that the Moors are utter crap.

The Spanish can't resist the Moors, not one decent battle.
    I had an alliance with Castille and they were sendig reinforecements that were utter crap
    That army had 5 min contact with Moors and they routed

Moors tend to steam roll Iberia in a lot of my 6.4 games. However, playing the Moors is a definite challenge in 6.4 due to the poor late game units.

I recommend that this problem should be tackled?
    All who agree say "ay"

Moors tend to steam roll Iberia in a lot of my 6.4 games.
    That's because the Moors are the strongest faction in Iberia at start and the Catholic factions always spend too much time warring each other. In a few games I've seen where the Catholic Iberian nations actually allied with each other, they always launch a successful reconquista even if the Moors already took over 2/3rd of Iberia when the alliance formed...

In regards to the allied army--- in my experience an allied army is always more stupid than an enemy army AI. I have no clue why. For one allied armies are still prone to mount suicidal general's charges which is enemy AI seldomly do anymore...

And yeah, from a player perspective, the Moors' roster is trash compared with the Catholic Iberians.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon1032 View Post
    Why are the Spanish factions so weak?
    It seems that the AI can't play as the Spanish but all the other factions he can handle
    The Moors are overpowerd and the Spanish factions are underpowerd

Mr pregnant

Are you serious? Oh... you mean the AI playing as Iberians, that's different I suppose... But no, I love Iberic factions because you can AP the enemy to death. Javilneers have better stats than any of the militia trash. Plus you can chuck AP at the enenmy on horsaeback as well as on foot.

A battle line of two deep javilns....unbeatable by opponents on foot... The only concern is if you don't carry enough cav support the counter the enemy's horse.

OT: From what I've seen the AI holds it's own playing the Iberian factions roughly 50/50 give or take a few bad luck streaks.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Yeah that's what I meant
    I think I'm going to play as Castille and kill every muslim in the game

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

From what I've seen if the Catholic Iberians ally together, they are almost always successful in the Reconquista. If they are constantly warring with each other, then they won't be able to stop the Moors individually. So its not that they are weak, it is all about diplomacy. The Iberian factions are very strong in the renaissance era though.

On mine I'm playing as Crown of aragon an I was able to capture There capital an castillie is beating them to death while I fight Genoea

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Just wait until you have decent numbers of Knights and then hammer and anvil them (With Heavy Infantry support)

ok I will try that but I was talking about the fact that if they are controled by the AI in 9/10 casesthe Moors win

Jedi Knight's Avatar Civis

Iberian factions are not weak but i agree with you when Iberian factions are controlled by AI, they can't handle Moors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Knight View Post
    Iberian factions are not weak but i agree with you when Iberian factions are controlled by AI, they can't handle Moors.
    I see it as fairly balanced, only a few campaigns did Moors win quickly. Most of the time its a very long stalemate only broken when France or Genoa intervenes. France attacking Aragon allows Moors to control all of Iberia while Genoa interfering takes attention of the Moors off of Iberia.

Yeah but still ....

How are the Moors underpowered? Their late roster is trash and their early is nothing special either

If anything the spanish factions are overpowered and the Moors underpowered

You really cannot add power to the Moors because their strength comes from stack spamming. Playing as the Moors your units aren't duelist or strong 1v1 you need to overwhelm with great numbers. It's not that hard to do and the Moors have a lot of AP and stronger Jinetes and have access to several types of spears.

I will agree tho, the Spanish AI sucks.. same with the Crusader States.. they always lose almost every single battle which is kind of confusing to me. They shouldn't be steam rolled so quickly every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprexinia View Post
    You really cannot add power to the Moors because their strength comes from stack spamming. Playing as the Moors your units aren't duelist or strong 1v1 you need to overwhelm with great numbers. It's not that hard to do and the Moors have a lot of AP and stronger Jinetes and have access to several types of spears.

I will agree tho, the Spanish AI sucks.. same with the Crusader States.. they always lose almost every single battle which is kind of confusing to me. They shouldn't be steam rolled so quickly every game.
    Historically the numbers were about even and many times the "Moors" defeated much larger forces. But the reality was that most of their population was always christian

The only reason the "reconquista" was even successful was because of the breach of treaties from the christian side, not because of their military prowess or anything

Quote Originally Posted by RomanKiller View Post
    Historically the numbers were about even and many times the "Moors" defeated much larger forces. But the reality was that most of their population was always christian

The only reason the "reconquista" was even successful was because of the breach of treaties from the christian side, not because of their military prowess or anything
    Not to sound bad but the Moors fought with larger numbers most of the time and even used slaves for fighting. The Moors were pretty organized and had terrorized most of Iberia for sometime. The Christian forces used a lot of guerrilla warfare and weren't united most of the time. For the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa many forces had to join together to fight the Moors, if the moors weren't a large force then they wouldn't need to join up. The problem was during that time none of the Christian rulers were united and this is pretty evenly displayed in SS. When the spanish forces aren't united, the Moors beat them. When united they beat the Moors. It's no secret the Moors used many berbers some arabs, moroccains and slaves from africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprexinia View Post
    Not to sound bad but the Moors fought with larger numbers most of the time and even used slaves for fighting. The Moors were pretty organized and had terrorized most of Iberia for sometime. The Christian forces used a lot of guerrilla warfare and weren't united most of the time. For the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa many forces had to join together to fight the Moors, if the moors weren't a large force then they wouldn't need to join up. The problem was during that time none of the Christian rulers were united and this is pretty evenly displayed in SS. When the spanish forces aren't united, the Moors beat them. When united they beat the Moors. It's no secret the Moors used many berbers some arabs, moroccains and slaves from africa.
    Look into RomanKiller's posts and you'll find they're generally wrong and very biased.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast